Great start.

Azaranth

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an illusion, they only invited the people who preordered in July (And not even all of them) That is why you are not getting lag, there are only like 120,000 players online.

It is not an illusion. That is the exact reason they have a staggered entry. Q Q moar?

I'm not sure why people are crying, they knew this was how it was going to be for awhile now...but once it happens everyone acts shocked they didn't get an invite..lol

Furthermore, they're actually ahead on their promises. They said (up to) 5 days of early access. They start letting a few people in 7 days early, and everyone is suddenly acting entitled.

I'm willing to bet that most, if not all, of pre-orders are activated for 4 or 5 days of Early Access. BioWare is underpromising and overdelivering, and people are having a meltdown because they don't get to take cuts in line. It blows my mind.

As to the folks who say they'd want unstable servers over phased access: Have you ever worked for a company that's delivered a product launch? The out-of-the-box experience is critical. Phased Access gives them control over that experience, and they're still 2 days ahead of schedule.

I agree with the OP. This has run like a beautiful symphony.

I feel bad for those who are frothing to get in, but it's just the ticking of the clock now.

No bugs so far, no queue's once logged in, quests ran perfectly. I am genuinely delighted!

Man it feels bad to be a 12th of December 2011 pre-orderer.

I usually wait until a few weeks before release to read up about a game, stops me from hyping myself up months/years ahead of time.

First time this habit has ever shot me in the foot. Ah well, got Tribes:Ascend to play until a certain magical email decides to grace my inbox.

well in every other mmo I played I always bought pre-order and always played on day one. Stagger release is just pure BS.

This is the smoothest MMO launch I've been a part of.

No discernible server lag (33ms here), relatively insignificant bugs, and both the server and website are running smoothly. I guess we'll see how things look at prime time tonight.

Keep it up BioWare, GJ.

This is why you're getting no lag. Theyre barely any people on the realms.

http://i.imgur.com/SZ1Xk.jpg

Man it feels bad to be a 12th of December 2011 pre-orderer.

I usually wait until a few weeks before release to read up about a game, stops me from hyping myself up months/years ahead of time.

First time this habit has ever shot me in the foot. Ah well, got Tribes:Ascend to play until a certain magical email decides to grace my inbox.

Yeah!! I been playing Tribes: Ascend while I waited for early access to start as well. Good call.

I agree with the OP. This has run like a beautiful symphony.

I feel bad for those who are frothing to get in, but it's just the ticking of the clock now.

No bugs so far, no queue's once logged in, quests ran perfectly. I am genuinely delighted!

Again, I'm glad you and the other 7 people on Coruscant are having such a great experience.

Meanwhile, the majority of the playerbase is being left out to dry because BW is handling this very poorly.

I'm not sure why people are crying, they knew this was how it was going to be for awhile now...but once it happens everyone acts shocked they didn't get an invite..lol

We knew there would be waves/rolling invites.

And now that it is the first day of EGA what do we know? ...there have been waves of invites. NOTHING else has been said. How big are these waves? Who is in these waves(based off of code entry date or just random?)? How many waves will there be today and tomorrow and the next day?

I am pissed because I have nothing to go on, I would like to play as soon as I get the invite but I have no idea when I will get it. I don't even have a clue as to what day I may get it.

Edited by Shadowkire

so whats the difference between a server crash and millions of people who bought the game but arnt allowed to play? none, bad launch.

I 2nd that

the reason that people pre-order MMO's in general is to be playing in advance with all the other pre-order's. NOT and i Quote " OK now we will let you in, in wave scattered in 7 day's " so be patient and wait .

Not a good start. Did they not do Beta to test there server's ? so there for you should let every one that pre -ordered in at the same time.

The way I see it the problem is twofold:

1) They have relied too much on Twitter & not enough on e-mails or the official forums to manage the expectations of their customers. If people were given a broad estimate of when you could expect to get access, the complainers would have been a very small minority.

2) Building on point 1, the EGA process seems completely different than what was experienced by the player base during the Thanksgiving Stress Test. People were expecting EGA to be just like the stress test, but Bioware has not done a good job communicating that the two experiences would be significantly different.

so whats the difference between a server crash and millions of people who bought the game but arnt allowed to play? none, bad launch.

Its not a launch, its early access. You should just be happy that you'll get to play it early eventually, with most games you would still be waiting the full week for the release day to play it.

Day one is the 20th. You will be allowed to play on that day. What part of "early access" dont you understand?

How about the part where it doesn't make sense?

If someone preorders in 4 days that person starts playing the game, the full game. If someone gets it on the 20th that person starts playing the full game. The preorder just comes with a few extra free days of play.

well in every other mmo I played I always bought pre-order and always played on day one. Stagger release is just pure BS.

Honestly every MMO launch I've been part of has just been server crashes, horrific latencies, massive overpopulation and competition for NPC's areas far too small to support it.

Even with server crashes and latencies removed from the equation, being engaged in a constant battle for every mob I need just isn't that fun. I'm ok with waiting if it means lowbie zones aren't completely flooded.

I think they are playing too safe after that stress test. I wonder if they can handle a massive retail at 20th if they get like 300-500k on the same time trying to log in.

They have to speed this up. I think they should have at least get all july pre orders today but it should end only at players who got it at 26th. It is going extremely slow and this is unnecessary.

Im hearing my guildmates saying their areas are empty with 30-60 ppl scattered.

I think they are playing too safe after that stress test. I wonder if they can handle a massive retail at 20th if they get like 300-500k on the same time trying to log in.

They have to speed this up. I think they should have at least get all july pre orders today but it should end only at players who got it at 26th. It is going extremely slow and this is unnecessary.

Im hearing my guildmates saying their areas are empty with 30-60 ppl scattered.

Pretty much. I've really lost faith in BioWare after today.

I 2nd that

the reason that people pre-order MMO's in general is to be playing in advance with all the other pre-order's. NOT and i Quote " OK now we will let you in, in wave scattered in 7 day's " so be patient and wait .

Not a good start. Did they not do Beta to test there server's ? so there for you should let every one that pre -ordered in at the same time.

For you and everyone else thinking like you:

1. The starting areas on the servers are just as crowded as they were during beta, if not more.

2. They stated FROM THE BEGINNING OF PREORDERS, that early access would be staggered, not all at once. Dont act like this is some surprise that came out off nowhere, you knew *exactly* what you were signing up for.

3. They started TWO DAYS EARLY, no one should even be playing right now, period. The fact that they are already starting early access is a testament to them trying to give their perorders as much early access as possible.

4. If they were to let everyone in right now, nothing would be working. There would be crashes, lag galore, and no one would be able to complete quests due to overcrowding, so you wouldnt be playing anyway.

So you think they'd be better off giving simultaneous access too everyone, and having massive server instability?

Obviously the servers are stable because they're gradually opening up Early Access. It was the right call, and everyone will be happier for it if it means they root out server problems before they become a crisis.

No, but it'd be nice if theyd let enough people in to fill the servers, then invite more later/tomorrow when they open up new servers. I just got in ... most of the servers are still light. Logged in with my main ... Tython, the Jedi homeworld, unbelievably full during stress test and stable back then ... was empty! Whats the point of a stress test if youre just going to half as it live?

How about the part where it doesn't make sense?

If someone preorders in 4 days that person starts playing the game, the full game. If someone gets it on the 20th that person starts playing the full game. The preorder just comes with a few extra free days of play.

Wrong answer there, charlie. A preorder is nothing more than purchasing a game in advance of its release date. Nothing more, nothing less. Any early play is done so at the whim of the publisher/developer.

Why dont you go preorder a console game, or some other single player game and tell me just how early you get to play it just because you preordered it? That's right, you dont get to, because a preorder doesnt guarantee it.