LI hm changes?

here are a few tips for sav-rak:

(from tank POV)

1) pull sav-rak to the center of platform, turn him away from group if possible.

2) when he does the sav-rak smash, tank should stand just slightly away from rest of group, sav-rak tends to do the cleave/swipe on the tank or the single person to the side if not everyone stacks up for the smash.

3) gunslingers/operatives can use hunker down, away from sav-rak and not get pushed off the platform.

4) as soon as he jumps onto a pipe, run to the panel to click it. if you do it quick enough, you can activate the fire before he jumps. It is technically possible to only have one person click the one panel he is on, and activate the fire before he jumps again, but this is not recommended, everyone but the healer should click a panel at roughly the same time, otherwise he will continue to jump from pipe to pipe if you miss the timing of activating the fire, which btw is on a 9 second cast timer.

sav-rak smash notes:

there is usually an on screen message right before the sav-rak smash phase and he will also have a smash castbar, i forget the time on it right now, but its a good 5 or so seconds. everyone should run under him, literally inside the mobs model, use your targeting reticule on him as a point of reference, if you stand in the middle of that, you should be fine. Have the tank stand just slightly to the side of that, to achieve the effect of having the tank land by themselves and to the side, so that sav-rak will cleave/swipe at that player instead.

very often i see people, usually a commando healer, wait till the very last second to run under sav-rak during the smash phase and that almost never ends well, with the player getting pushed off the platform due to the game lagging and not registering proper positioning.

Its a fairly simple fight, but healer needs to be on top of things. Healer should never be on a panel, they need to be able to heal through the acid spit/tossing. This encounter is essentially a healer check fight.

^^^ All great tips.

One other thing I've gotten into the habit of during the Sav-Rak fights. I jump just before he lands. I'm not sure exactly why, but for whatever reason I always end up going in a perfect straight-up perpendicular line and land right back where I started. Even if I'm slightly off-center.

Anyone who is having troubles during the jump should give this a try and see if it helps them too.

Edited by Khevar

one thing i will do with my shadow tank is position the boss closer to 2 of the pipes for the dps to hit and i will use my force speed to get to the further pipe. Just makes it slightly faster for us to get to the pipes to bring it down.

Ive probably attempted this with about 8 teams of people so about 24 different people in full rakata or black hole and we can't get past the 2nd boss. This is supposed to be a col/rakata pre Hardmode ops flashpoint and this boss is nearly impossible to get past. The first boss is a joke but this second boss just kills everyone in 1 second even if you interrupt and his energy balls are aoeing everything and we are kitting him around in a circle with him facing away and everyone else is stacked behind him and the fire and the aoe and incinerate and the mobs are just too much. Heck I could heal HM KP no problem in my battlemaster/columi and get Kep down to like 13% in nightmare mode and now im in full rakata with some bh implants and we still can't get past this robot.

Ive probably attempted this with about 8 teams of people so about 24 different people in full rakata or black hole and we can't get past the 2nd boss. This is supposed to be a col/rakata pre Hardmode ops flashpoint and this boss is nearly impossible to get past. The first boss is a joke but this second boss just kills everyone in 1 second even if you interrupt and his energy balls are aoeing everything and we are kitting him around in a circle with him facing away and everyone else is stacked behind him and the fire and the aoe and incinerate and the mobs are just too much. Heck I could heal HM KP no problem in my battlemaster/columi and get Kep down to like 13% in nightmare mode and now im in full rakata with some bh implants and we still can't get past this robot.

dont interrupt energy things, interrupt incinerate.

you took down Kephess to like 13% in nightmare? impresive ;)

when you kite him around avoid fire. this boss is fine, people are ignorant about his mechanics and expect to out gear it.focus more, qq less.

Edited by Atramar

they do interrupt incinerate. all I can come up with is that everyone seems too dumb to move out of the way. I'm always the last person to die. I think the energy balls are tearing them apart. I'm not ooming. They are at near full hp and then just flatline on me. I'm even purging off anytime I see fire to knock off incinerate. The whole thing seems like the most complex fight in the entire game. Edited by RickyChavez

Sorry, didnt ment to be offensive.

if they interrupt to late and get 1/2 stacks, then move away from energy field straight into fire on the floor, then yes, they need more mechanics training and field avarness.

energy fields are growing faster if they hit something.

they do interrupt incinerate. all I can come up with is that everyone seems too dumb to move out of the way. I'm always the last person to die. I think the energy balls are tearing them apart. I'm not ooming. They are at near full hp and then just flatline on me. I'm even purging off anytime I see fire to knock off incinerate. The whole thing seems like the most complex fight in the entire game.

It sucks that you're having such troubles with it. I also had no end of difficulties until I got the mechanics. Now it's not a problem for me either has a dps or healer.

If you can post a fraps of the next time you try it, I'd be happy to look it over and see what is happening.

Edited by Khevar