why does the loot system in ops suck?

Dear Bioware i hope you read this because i wanted to inform you in case you haven't realized yet... the looting system in operations in this game IS FLAT OUT RETARDED... i dont understand why some one thought it was a good idea to have the instance assign loot to players... especially players who cant use the loot or arnt even the same advance class... if there is one thing that needs fixing in this game aside from all the extremely frustrating bugs it is this retarded *********** loot system that sucks massive dong :mad:

I'm with you man, this destiny loot system is absolute trash. Seriously, whoever thought this one up has NEVER raided in their LIVES. And honestly if just ONE person the culprit works with had raided in their lives, they wouldn't have allowed this horrid system into launch.

I've had to send in multiple item swap requests because the system sends DPS trinkets to tanks, Healing trinkets to DPS, and Heavy Armor tank boots to Operatives (that one is really brilliant).

Not to mention, none of those item swaps have completed because in-game customer support is a joke, most of the time your tickets aren't even fully read, and the automated response has nothing to do with your ticket.

/endrant

Oh, I'd also like to be able to pass loot that I no longer require to someone who can actually use it, but no... it's been assigned to me already.

YAY VENDOR COLUMI SET PIECES INSTEAD OF GEARING THE MARAUDER WHO DOESN'T HAVE A SINGLE PIECE YET.................

YAY VENDOR COLUMI SET PIECES INSTEAD OF GEARING THE MARAUDER WHO DOESN'T HAVE A SINGLE PIECE YET.................

This. ****** this. Have 5 columi bracers so far. We do 8 man with 3 jedi knights. (2 sentinels 1 guardian) i have 4/5 of the set. Most of them barely have 2/5.

first off, it's only like this in normal mode.

which is designed to be pugged - and designed to prevent ninja looting and rolling need for companions over actual people.

Run it in hard and nightmare and all of those problems go away!

If thats the case then why didn't they do the same thing for FP's? Sorry but that's not a good explanation for the lack of consistency with loot. There is absolutely NO reason not keep loot options consistent throughout the game. The ninja excuse is a weak one at best, because since OPs aren't exactly cross server, as soon as you ninja an item from a raid, people will know about it, and that person will find a harder and harder time getting in OPs because of his reputation. Classic wow, and even BC proved this already.

We cleared normal EV/Karaggas to get gear for a few people to help in our HM/NMM operations. Guess what happened? 6 pieces of agent loot dropped total, the sniper who is full rakata won 5 pieces while the fresh 50 operative won a columi bracer. I also won the Columi offhand while I have my rakata yet the marauder in the raid desperately could of used it.

This loot system is terrible just because you won a few pieces of loot doesn't mean it works well. Wait until you win those same pieces of loot and someone else needs it or someone wins something you want and they don't need it.

It's also hilarious that the BiS weapons are currently off Karaggas on normal yet you can't designate who you want it to go to.

Bioware most deffinality phails at the whole Ops loot system, My guild just started raiding 2 weeks ago, and we are having the same problem with gearing out our ppl for HMs when loot isnt going to them, while it goes to the full Columi raiders. not to mention the BIS weapons are from normal. god knows when I will ever get my main hand....