Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

bodhisattvasw

Blah Blah

8/10 One person trolling this thread has almost single handedly kept it going until the proverbial dead horse has been minced and liquefied. Not bad.

The part that amuses me in all of this is that the argument is entirely academic (although 'academic' might be a bit too charitable a term). EAWare is never going to institute zonedrop cooldowns or debuffs. We need to face it - they just aren't going to. Period.

Caeliux has given his opinion. That's all it is, an opinion. Others disagree with him. That's all they are, opinions. The only truth in this entire debate is the almighty dollar (or euro, or pound sterling, or whatever). EAWare isn't going to run the risk of ticking too many people off, and the suggested penalties would be far more headache than they're worth, and bite into the cash reserves. Even a slow stream of people leaving the game would be felt by the bean-counters who are tasked with giving the game direction.

This isn't a case of a more or less united front (such as APAC server issues), or an obvious majority of people asking for a feature (same-gender relationships and such). The opinions here are all over the place, and no one has a lock on 'The Truth'. That being the case, EAWare is going to take the path of least resistance: They will leave things exactly as they are.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree some are mo re tolerate than others, but it still a excuse to leave and screw a game is is good enough for me to want a deserter buff for it.

Disconnects and real life is one thing, rage quitting over a opinion is another.

People daily and constantly sit at nodes, partially afk, doing nothing to contribute to the match....."screwing the game". What if I want to leave that match?

Pfft. The door goes both ways. I'd quit playing the game before I would let the devs dictate that type of penalty to me for wanting to seek a more enjoyable experience. :mad:

It's laughable this is still such a hot topic. Balance will solve alot of this. Penalties arent needed, not to mention they're simple minded fixes......:rolleyes:

EAWare is never going to institute zonedrop cooldowns or debuffs. We need to face it - they just aren't going to. Period.

I agree with this and face it, but will still hope for it. :)

Edited by Caeliux

I will answer what League of Legends says when people use this excuse,

"Q: This sucks. I just leave when my teammates are newbs.

A: Newbs hate it when people leave too."

If anyone can understand that let me know.

This game should not care to hear excuses for leaving people behind, it should punish those that have a biased opinion.

Sure everyone has a opinion and yes some people play like they never played a mmo game before, but it still gives no reason to leave people to play that match you started and allowing a game to become backfill.

You clearly just dont have a clue do you? I bet you own the entire Sims collections at home as well judging by your view on this.

Unfortunately, you can't teach someone common sense and since Bioware arent selling Common Sense Cartel packs, people who are stupid should be removed. Its that simple.

If your node is left unguarded, common sense says that someone, anyone, SHOULD go and guard it. Why didnt I? I was at the other node guarding alone. I see no reason why I should battle hard, work hard only for it to be dashed through stupidity. It just doesnt have its place.

You moan about how selfish people are for quitting - well here's a thought - just how selfish are people for not actually using their brains? Its not a big ask - the objectives are pretty straight forward and even if by lvl 50 you havent entered a warzone, logic says that you research it all first.

PvP is no place for the brainless.

You moan about how selfish people are for quitting - well here's a thought - just how selfish are people for not actually using their brains?

So being egotistical and elitist is the excuse to actually quit?

I laugh at the concept of being a tough guy in a quitter shirt.

Let me explain,

You quitters think your pro for quitting, and the reason you quit is because of bads.

What about games you quit and the people that stayed actually win?

Wouldn't that make you bad and being a little child that left way too early because your premature assumptions are biased opinions?

You have nothing more to add to this topic, the whole chest pounding and everyone is bad excuse is not a good enough reason to leave a warzone.

It just makes you look like crybabys.

Edited by Caeliux

So being egotistical and elitist is the excuse to actually quit?

I laugh at the concept of being a tough guy in a quitter shirt.

Let me explain,

You quitters think your pro for quitting, and the reason you quit is because of bads.

What about games you quit and the people that stayed actually win?

Wouldn't that make you bad and being a little child that left way too early because your premature assumptions are biased opinions?

You have nothing more to add to this topic, the whole chest pounding and everyone is bad excuse is not a good enough reason to leave a warzone.

It just makes you look like crybabys.

Does it? This will be my last post on this, because clearly you are one of these MP players who cant grasp the simple idea of how a war zone works - then complain like an old woman when people quit around you.

It has NOTHING to do with egos, chest pounding or any other kind of stupid comment you made above but has EVERYTHING to do with people like you. Maybe you should go back to the sims where using the brain isnt really required, because clearly, a warzone is just too difficult for you to grasp.

Does it? This will be my last post on this, because clearly you are one of these MP players who cant grasp the simple idea of how a war zone works

A warzone works by clicking it, entering it, trying the best I can, and finishing it without making excuses what just happened.

Yep that concept is what it should be, but no elitist and quitters think it should be this,

1. If perfection isn't meant quit

2. If there is bads quit

3. All the above

Making excuses don't prove nothing and makes quitters look like crybabys, therefore a punishment needs in order in this game for that mentality.

Edited by Caeliux

Blah Blah

The part that amuses me in all of this is that the argument is entirely academic (although 'academic' might be a bit too charitable a term). EAWare is never going to institute zonedrop cooldowns or debuffs. We need to face it - they just aren't going to. Period.

Caeliux has given his opinion. That's all it is, an opinion. Others disagree with him. That's all they are, opinions. The only truth in this entire debate is the almighty dollar (or euro, or pound sterling, or whatever). EAWare isn't going to run the risk of ticking too many people off, and the suggested penalties would be far more headache than they're worth, and bite into the cash reserves. Even a slow stream of people leaving the game would be felt by the bean-counters who are tasked with giving the game direction.

This isn't a case of a more or less united front (such as APAC server issues), or an obvious majority of people asking for a feature (same-gender relationships and such). The opinions here are all over the place, and no one has a lock on 'The Truth'. That being the case, EAWare is going to take the path of least resistance: They will leave things exactly as they are.

After reading this thread, the bold part is the biggest factor in play.

From a business stand point, people not wanting to participate in a area of your game should raise concern.

Why aren't they interested?

How do we keep them interested?

How do we make it more interesting for first timers?

These are the questions Bioware has to ask themselves in order for players to get involved in certain aspects of the game. One thing stands true, you are paying Bioware for a service. That service is in competition with a lot of other companies that will offer similar services. So the goal has to be making your service the better choice for entertainment purposes, after all it's a game.

Adding a deserter debuff just inconveniences a player. Any other paying services, something like this wouldn't fly with a customer. Go to a restaurant and order a steak rare, but it comes back well cooked. Chances are you will send it back and not have the waiter tell you "lol excuses".

Inconvenience a customer that is paying with their money? They'll take their business else where, simple as that.

Blah Troll Blah

8/10 One person trolling this thread has almost single handedly kept it going until the proverbial dead horse has been minced and liquefied. Not bad.

Caeliux 42 posts in this thread out of 208, many of them copy and paste. If it hits 400, will have to up my rating to 9/10.

After reading this thread, the bold part is the biggest factor in play.

From a business stand point, people not wanting to participate in a area of your game should raise concern.

Why aren't they interested?

How do we keep them interested?

How do we make it more interesting for first timers?

These are the questions Bioware has to ask themselves in order for players to get involved in certain aspects of the game. One thing stands true, you are paying Bioware for a service. That service is in competition with a lot of other companies that will offer similar services. So the goal has to be making your service the better choice for entertainment purposes, after all it's a game.

Adding a deserter debuff just inconveniences a player. Any other paying services, something like this wouldn't fly with a customer. Go to a restaurant and order a steak rare, but it comes back well cooked. Chances are you will send it back and not have the waiter tell you "lol excuses".

Inconvenience a customer that is paying with their money? They'll take their business else where, simple as that.

Alot of good points here.

+1

Edited by Caeliux

Hey Gang,

I would just like to pop in here and offer some of our perspective on this topic. A lot of good points on both sides have been thrown around here, and extending our current vote kick penalty (or something similar to it) to players who opt to leave the Warzone is definitely something that we discuss. However, at this time we feel like the negative consequences of putting in such a system (such as hurting players who crash out of a Warzone) don't overcome the potential gain. With healthy Warzone queues, players will backfill into a game relatively quickly (side note: we are receptive to the complaints that you can get back filled into a really terrible position, that is something I want to try to address), and even if we prevented people from requeueing that doesn't necessarily stop them from leaving or going AFK at a point.

All of that being said, I do think the Civil War Warzone specifically has some issues that really shines a bright light on reasons people would leave. Inherently, CW is the Warzone that has the hardest time for a team to come from behind and that leads to a higher percentage of players to give up once they feel like the game is lost (and that feeling can occur very early into a game). My team and I are working to try to come with some solutions to this CW issue specifically, to see if we can improve the general Warzone itself and fight some of this problem at the root cause instead of the effect.

Hey Gang,

I would just like to pop in here and offer some of our perspective on this topic. A lot of good points on both sides have been thrown around here, and extending our current vote kick penalty (or something similar to it) to players who opt to leave the Warzone is definitely something that we discuss. However, at this time we feel like the negative consequences of putting in such a system (such as hurting players who crash out of a Warzone) don't overcome the potential gain. With healthy Warzone queues, players will backfill into a game relatively quickly (side note: we are receptive to the complaints that you can get back filled into a really terrible position, that is something I want to try to address), and even if we prevented people from requeueing that doesn't necessarily stop them from leaving or going AFK at a point.

All of that being said, I do think the Civil War Warzone specifically has some issues that really shines a bright light on reasons people would leave. Inherently, CW is the Warzone that has the hardest time for a team to come from behind and that leads to a higher percentage of players to give up once they feel like the game is lost (and that feeling can occur very early into a game). My team and I are working to try to come with some solutions to this CW issue specifically, to see if we can improve the general Warzone itself and fight some of this problem at the root cause instead of the effect.

For starters thank you so much for commenting on this thread, its the first time i have seen anyone from your team doing that.

It looks to me you see what I see and it feels good that you do. Civil war isn't the only warzone people don't apply themselves too, Nova Coast and Void Star people leave them like its no tomorrow. And your right backfill ends of filling into a spot where there is almost no chance, I can't stress how unfun it is geting into already in session games where people cant hack it and quit and there is no chance to win.

As you well know all my points only lead to a deserter buff, I really don't see any other option, I understand you think there is no gain from it and the subs and ftp players will be cry like a lost child over it, but I do think some rules would help the matter as well.

Ty Bioware for the comment, you did make my day and I do hope you consider a deserter buff option, I am telling you some rules for leaving would help this game. :)

A clear no to this idea, at the current state of the game, from my point of view.

Been in a warzone with 3 lolshashers today 1. jump - smash 2. jump - smash 3. jump - smash, and people dropping dead left and right.

On our server, the ranked pvp teams have come to an agreement by now that if any ranked team they face brings in a smasher, they opposing team immediately quit the warzone as a full team, and the guilds/team name is mentioned to the other teams, which in term shall lead to the smasher team being isolated as everyone will quit and refuse to play them till they remove the smasher.

Frankly, i don't see why these people getting punished by a quitter lockout for getting a working solution to have good ranked warzone matches where BioWare refuses to adress and acknowledge the issue they patched into the game.

I am not generally against a quitters cooldown, but as long as the pvp part of this game is neglected as a side effect of the pve game, and worse, mistakes are not even addressed (after all, Jugs/guardians and Maras/sentinels were fine before BW decided to buff focus/rage skyhigh, why not roll it back to its previous state and revisit the buff tills its working properly?), i don't see that.

Give pvp the attention it deserves, balance it, for heavens sake implement a matchmaking system, and then rightfully lock people who quit from warzone...But in that order, imo, not the other way round

Sadly adding a quitters debuff wouldn't help. Sure it will deter people from LEAVING, but not from giving up. Instead of leaving the match they'll simply AFK and fight just enough for the vote kick to not work, or just stand there and willingly let the other team cap against them to lose faster. Either way anyone grouped with them in that warzone will be screwed.

The only real solution, would be to have a player rating system based on wins AND performance. It would seperate the players that actually try to win from those that "queue-to-lose".

But alas that will never happen either because:

At launch Bioware stated they were 'amazed' at how popular PvP was (in Star WARS, an MMO!)

Pre-Season Ranked has been going on how long now....?

PvP balance has been a joke (bubble stun, smash, Ops neutered, poor Mercs/Commandos), tho it does look a LITTLE better in 2.0

Ilum farming that went unfixed for too long

World PvP died long ago, and only half-assed attempts to bring it back

PvP is the mini-game in SWTOR that people always ask for, its just not pazaak.

Its not that I hate swtor PvP, or the game in general; I've just realized PvP in swtor is nothing more than an after-thought between PvE timers. I enjoy it, I queue and PvP daily for some good fun, but when I'm in the mood for SERIOUS PvP I play another MMO lol.

and even if we prevented people from requeueing that doesn't necessarily stop them from leaving or going AFK at a point.

I hate to say I told you people so, but alas, Rob echos what I've been saying the entire time this subject has been brought up.

A clear no to this idea, at the current state of the game, from my point of view.

Been in a warzone with 3 lolshashers today 1. jump - smash 2. jump - smash 3. jump - smash, and people dropping dead left and right.

So you leave when the other team is better, got it.

I bet you blame everyone else as well why you can't hack it in a warzone.

I hate to say I told you people so, but alas, Rob echos what I've been saying the entire time this subject has been brought up.

They are scared to lose subs, worrying about people being a little baby and going afk isn't a good enough excuse not to punish quitters.

Thinking so means you want a screwed up game where people quit whenever they feel like it.

Just because a dev says it don't mean its the right call.