Petition to separate Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Lockouts

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DECLINE. You do not need Hard mode and Nightmare Mode seperated, it's perfectly fine as it is.

Compare to a certain Massively multiplayer Online Role-playing Game (World of Warcraft) Owned by Blizzard Entertainment

WoW share same kind of lock out for their raid dungeons with normal/heroic 10man & 25man. Big difference is...

WoW: you got a decision of either 10man normal/heroic mode or 25man normal/heroic mode.

SWTOR: Story mode is seperated from Hardmode/NightMare mode because SWTOR has 3 Level and 2 of them high levels separated from that 1 low level.

^ WOW use to have similar lock out where u were able to do both 10man & 25man (either mode) back in Wrath of the Lich King.

Bad news, back on page 4 BioWare said they are going to separate them eventually, its a technical limitation based on who they originally made them, not a philosophical one based on a designed they wish to have.

Sounds like technical hurdles are enough that it won't be very soon, however.

/signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed

Hopefully they read this. I know my progression team enjoys doing our scheduled NiM runs, but on off days like to run HM OPs for other guildies to help gear, keep us from being too bored, etc. For those who don't have 50-11 alts that are progression ready, lockouts on HM/NiM becomes a dire problem.

/signed

i saw that too, which kind of concerns/confuses me, considering we got this in july

Hi guys,

This is already a priority for us, but I can't promise a date yet. The Nightmare Mode system was originally built on the back of Hard Mode, which is why they share a lockout. It's a technical consequence of that fact, not a philosophical thing on our part.

Read the Q&A transcript last night and felt all your pain, but I was just reading it again and saw this

Q: Are they going to split up nightmare/hard mode lockouts?

A: (Musco) Not in the plans currently to split up those lockouts. [uPDATE: Given previous comments from Jesse Sky on this subject, we rechecked the audio, and can amend that they are considering splitting the lockouts, but it won't be anytime soon.]

So I guess it's gone from a priority to a consideration now.

Edited by Iggster

I guess it's gone from a priority to a consideration now.

Most of the time, you can see logic in what Bioware does, if you look at it a certain way.

This is not one of those times.

There are, what, 20 pages of people signing this? 30? Bioware themselves said that the only reason HM and NiM shared a lockout is because NiM was nearly identical to HM earlier in the game's lifetime. They admitted that there is no reason for the lockouts to remain combined. "Consideration" is absurd and entirely out of the question.

• 2 weeks later...