Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

Just had almost the exact same scenario happen again.

This time the scoundrel cc'ed me from stealth. So I couldnt do anything while he then destroyed one guy and then destroyed me afterwards.

This is so blatantly OP that anyone who claims otherwise should rethink their motives for doing so.

You CC yourself so whats it matter?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but are you serious? You and your buddy got destroyed by 1 (one) scoundrel?

It does not mean we are OP...you know what it means... :rolleyes:

Your burst DPS is impressive i will say, but alot of the burst i have seen has been on individuals who are not lvl 50 and who are not geared at all.

That is why i don't feel they are OP yet. I want to see that burst on a lvl 50 in full pvp gear and then be able to judge it further...

Your burst DPS is impressive i will say, but alot of the burst i have seen has been on individuals who are not lvl 50 and who are not geared at all.

That is why i don't feel they are OP yet. I want to see that burst on a lvl 50 in full pvp gear and then be able to judge it further...

Good to see a voice of sanity among so many raging posts.

3/4 of players have not reached lvl 50 yet and they are first to come and rage that this and that is OP.

Let's just wait and see shall we?

If you couldn't even react in 3 gcds, you are a literal sloth.

this. if you did not realize he was there in that amount of time... you have horrible reaction time and/or are oblivious to what goes on around you.

Good to see a voice of sanity among so many raging posts.

3/4 of players have not reached lvl 50 yet and they are first to come and rage that this and that is OP.

Let's just wait and see shall we?

I reached a level 50 bountyhunter bodyguard.

I've got 7.25% expertise, 33% damage reduction from armor.

And an 50 operative can bring me to 50% while I'm in his stun. We don't always have all our CDs to pop, and unless we do, we're good as dead. How is that balanced.

And an 50 operative can bring me to 50% while I'm in his stun. We don't always have all our CDs to pop, and unless we do, we're good as dead. How is that balanced.

if you dont have your cds and he does then he SHOULD kill you, how do you not understand that?

I feel for you because i also am playing against Operatives so believe me i feel for you.

The thing is that people are saying how OP are scoundrels in 1vs1 but how often do you get 1vs1 in our 3 tiny warzones we have? Besides i would say that if you have all on CD and i have everything off CD i should be more or less be able to kill you regardless of your level.

Very often we have to fight in the middle of a group of people to buy those few precious seconds so that your teammates can arrive and continue trying to graba turret (or continue to try to disrupt Imps until larger Reps force will arrive).

When i play in WZ's i focus on objectives not on staying half the time in stealth just waiting for some lost sould wondering around solo so i can make him rage quit game and rage join forums for rage threads that scoundrels are OP :)

Edited by Endel

The scoundrel/op opener is a 3 sec knockdown that cannot be defended. You cannot cc break it with your abilities.

It hits for 6K or higher when delivered by a well geared op/scoundrel

it is pre-loaded while in stealth with a 1k dot that gives armor pen of 50%.

it is followed up with a minimum of two uncontested attacks on a player as the opener is again undefendable..un-ccbreakable.

the two un-contested attacks... can range in dmg of 2-4k per attack. this is against geared players.

Show me a person that believes a scoundrel/operative is not overpowered.... and I'll show you a scoundrel/operative.

But to a more constructive point... to those raging... I have a helpful tip for you:

Reroll. You can't beat em' ... join em'

I just hit 50 on a shadow... i'll be re-rolling tonight. In addition to insane, uncontested, alpha strike opening burst... the op/scoundrel has equal out of stealth dmg to a shadow/assassin... does not have to wait on an instant cast rock to lift from the ground and land on a target... with instant really being more like 3 seconds... and best of all... when done with victim... and in trouble.... can run around a corner and not wait to exit combat in order to heal.... can literally heal on the spot. gg BW... i get that it was a concern that ppl wouldnt roll these lesser canonized figures in an mmo... but you have given them more than enough ample reasons to make them the ONLY choice for a serious PVPer to play.

The scoundrel/op opener is a 3 sec knockdown that cannot be defended. You cannot cc break it with your abilities.

it is followed up with a minimum of two uncontested attacks on a player as the opener is again undefendable..un-ccbreakable.

the two un-contested attacks... can range in dmg of 2-4k per attack. this is against geared players.

Show me a person that believes a scoundrel/operative is not overpowered.... and I'll show you a scoundrel/operative.

But to a more constructive point... to those raging... I have a helpful tip for you:

I just hit 50 on a shadow... i'll be re-rolling tonight. In addition to insane, uncontested, alpha strike opening burst... the op/scoundrel has equal out of stealth dmg to a shadow/assassin... does not have to wait on an instant cast rock to lift from the ground and land on a target... with instant really being more like 3 seconds... and best of all... when done with victim... and in trouble.... can run around a corner and not wait to exit combat in order to heal.... can literally heal on the spot. gg BW... i get that it was a concern that ppl wouldnt roll these lesser canonized figures in an mmo... but you have given them more than enough ample reasons to make them the ONLY choice for a serious PVPer to play.

Spurious claims.

I play both Scoundrel and Shadow and they are so similar with only slight differences. The main difference being that the scoundrel is so much more squishy than the Shadow and is nearly all Melee whereas the Shadow is tougher, has a ranged stun and a few more ranged abilities.

Seriously play all classes to a decent level before claiming anything is OP.

One post says Sages are OP, then its Jedi Knights now it's Scoundrels. Seriously people need to play the game more and form a proper opinion rather than Trolling the forums after they get ganked.

Please, let us know how that goes for you. Shadows rip Scoundrels a new one out of stealth, unless they are horrible. Instead of re-rolling at 50, perhaps you should have geared up?

I look forward to hearing how often you get a chance to run around a corner and heal up, when facing anyone with a clue.

hidden strike doesn't hit anywhere near 6k on any 50 with actual items, try 4k

"guys this damage against lvl 10s is so big lol"

The "rogue" archetype is usually the best PvP class in most MMOs.

Look at this current WoW season - the rogue is dominant again.

If you are a serious PvPer I suggest you suck up your fascination with lightsabers and roll a Operative/Scoundrel. They are truly a blast to play with in PvP.

Arena is dead on wow. Season One. Ruin battlegroup 37,000 teams. That is just one battlegroup. Season 10 all battlegroups combined. 36,000 teams. Arena lost 85% of the people who play it. Its dead.

I am only a level 41 scoundrel but I have a few things to say. First, you can trinket our 3 sec knockdown. Second, it fills your resolve bar. That's right, you will not be getting stunned after that knockdown.

Next, we have no force speed or a force leap, we have stealth, that's it. We cannot close on you unless we are stealth or you are not kiting.

Third, it takes me 10 sec to go through my damage rotation. If you cannot react in that time something is wrong. Flect round from stealth, open with Shoot first, backblast, vital shot, pistol whip, sucker punch, sucker punch, pistol whip or back blast if I can get behind the person again.

Right now my Shoot first does between 2k and 4k (crit), backblast is a 2.5k crit, vital shot is a bleed, pistol whip is around 1.5k crit, sucker punch is around a 1.5k crit. So I can do about 8.5k damage IF YOU ARE JUST STANDING THERE DOING NOTHING.

TLDR: L2P

Edited by asciiadam

please tell me what this trinket is? link it... who has access to this trinket?

not that it helps to win a fight against an op/scoundrel.. the dmg will already be done...as mentioned by the 6k opener... but even having the ability to hit the 4k pot and force cloak before being dead would be nice.

Edited by Mursie

not that it helps to win a fight against an op/scoundrel.. the dmg will already be done...as mentioned by the 6k opener... but even having the ability to hit the 4k pot and force cloak before being dead would be nice.

You realize you can do that too, right. rakata surge adrenal when you don't have much surge gear gives you +40% critical damage. How many mauls can you get off out of stealth? 4, 5? Pretty sure you can just mash 1 button with the same buffs and kill someone in 4 or 5 seconds.

Edited by CHRISGG

I believe he is referring to the break free from CC ability that every class gets at quite low-ish level. It's just that in some games like WoW this isn't a class ability it a trinket that gets referred to a PvP trinket. As such when people are playing MMO PvP they usually refer to a break free ability as PvP trinket.

Edited by Arutassin

You realize you can do that too, right. rakata surge adrenal when you don't have much surge gear gives you +40% critical damage. How many mauls can you get off out of stealth? 4, 5? Pretty sure you can just mash 1 button with the same buffs and kill someone in 4 or 5 seconds.

really? that is your counter-argument?

so the op/scoundrel can alpha strike 6k with a preloaded armor pen dot... that knocks you down for 3 seconds allowing for 2 more uncontested attacks....

or .. i can swing an unbuffed shadow strike (as the opening hit will not have find weakness) and either low slash or force stun you.. which is cc breakable...or swing a few more (no more than 3 as the force cost on this ability is 1/2 of your total force pool so even with opening stealth regen... 3-4 max)

see the difference is.. you can react to it.. you have options... you can quickly cc break and pot... deflection... force cloak... stun ...snare.. etc. etc..

the op/scoundrel opener is beyond lethal..beyond insane burst... and you can not react to it before death...

and as for the adrenal tip.. please do not post me rookie *****.. we're talking about well played op/scoundrels... of course i realize that it is buffed with relic/adrenal etc... and yes all classes have access to this. read the point.. not all classes have access to the insane alpha strike with 3sec knockdown that to my knowledge is not breakable.. (force of will does not break it so if you are calling this a trinket... you are wrong.. it will not break the op/scoundrel opener knockdown).. but hey... i do have spinning kick that hits for 400 dmg... and lasts 2 secs... so its about equal right? lawl

Edited by Mursie

Arena is dead on wow. Season One. Ruin battlegroup 37,000 teams. That is just one battlegroup. Season 10 all battlegroups combined. 36,000 teams. Arena lost 85% of the people who play it. Its dead.

Well, WoW itself is also dead in terms of activity (I realize they retain a healthy subscriber base, but when I do log in I find I can barely put together a ten man raid these days). Still, his point is accurate - Rogues remain extremely powerful in WoW Arena. Stealth classes just carry a huge PvP advantage.