FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

ktkenshinx

I'd hold the celebration until we know which servers are free and how much other servers cost. Plus, the chance of them actually implementing this by the end of summer are low. Don't forget how incompetent their tech people have been.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33% is still a large percentage of the player base. Also without logging on you don't know if the server happens to be mostly republic or imperial and dead on the other side. There are a lot of factors going on which people overlook.
Actually it's not a large percentage of the player base. That's kind of the point, and the problem. It's a third of the total servers, each with a light population at peak hours. Some of them only have a handful of people online at any one time.

Players on these light servers represent a very small percentage of the player base.

So what they are doing is killing the lo pop servers all together. So we will basically force to jump then. Better idea was allow transfers to those servers that are already low to build up their population.
unrealistic. No one's going to transfer from a medium or high-population server to a low-population destination. Offering the option would have no effect on the issue at all.

That said, Bioware might end up designating a single one of those low-population servers as a destination, and all the others as sources. This might serve to turn all the light-population servers into a single stable server community. Otherwise a few medium-population servers are likely to be the ones designated as destinations.

It's not a backpedal. TORstatus actually says the same thing if you know how to read it right. *sigh* I offered a visual count so that you could compare and see what I was talking about.

Except there is nothing on torstatus indicating only 33% light servers according to the graphs it has. In fact, torstatus has the vast majority of servers below 1 and between 1 and 2 (light and standard) as in average population over the past two weeks, which is far more than 33%. How am I reading this wrong?

Your data only accounts for what you saw on the server list for one night. You just lumped all standards into one group while torstatus takes into account the wide variety of different populations that standard and light can have for two weeks straight, indicating at some point the standard servers you saw were borderline light and/or dipping under.

Except there is nothing on torstatus indicating only 33% light servers according to the graphs it has. In fact, torstatus has the vast majority of servers below 1 and between 1 and 2 (light and standard) as in average population over the past two weeks, which is far more than 33%. How am I reading this wrong?

Your data only accounts for what you saw on the server list for one night. You just lumped all standards into one group while torstatus takes into account the wide variety of different populations that standard and light can have for two weeks straight, indicating at some point the standard servers you saw were borderline light and/or dipping under.

So let me get this straight you think the servers should be standard or heavy at ALL times? Thats what torstatus tracks. Of course there will be more players on the weekend than during the week. Also during events and new content patches. So you cannot just go by some average and point to that.

Edited by Leggomy

71 on Coruscant right now, STANDARD server.

And that can't all be new players, which means LOTS of alts. Which also means that if I did a level 50 /who, I probably wouldn't see as many as there really are because they're, like me, playing our alts.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I'd hold the celebration until we know which servers are free and how much other servers cost. Plus, the chance of them actually implementing this by the end of summer are low. Don't forget how incompetent their tech people have been.

I'd also hold the flaming until we know which servers are free and how much other servers cost.... oh wait...