Graphical Bug: Regal Apparel Miniskirt heavy clipping

KyaniteD

Item: Regal Apparel Miniskirt (Cartel Market item, Archon's Contraband Pack)

Bug: The miniskirt shows heavy clipping, not just with the other pieces of its own set, but also with skin.

There has been a thread in General Discussion in which other players confirm this bug:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=650665

I'm having trouble making screenshots when moving, so this is all I have:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/kyanited/SWTOR/miniskirt_clipping_zps1cacba68.jpeg

It's the only piece of this kind that we have and it's very sad that the clipping puts a damper on the fun. The clipping that can be seen from behind when running is particularly irritating and actually worse than the screenshot suggests. I just couldn't get a good shot of it.

ETA: Clipping in action

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/kyanited/miniskirt_clipping2_zps87e3ba69.jpeg

Edited by KyaniteD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey tons of outfits have been fixed lately but this one still hasn't been addressed. I was gonna post some pics but mine are pretty much identical to one posted in the previous thread. I really like the skirt and would at least like to see the clipping while running fixed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, this is most unfortunate.

I was looking so much forward to getting this miniskirt, I bought five thousands cartel coins just to buy archon contraband packs, I was lucky enough to get miniskirt with 3rd or 4th pack.

Giddy with excitement, I equipped it just to realize there is this heavy issue with clipping. This bugged piece of gear I wanted so much, and that kept me going literally for weeks, turned to be a such a huge disappointment that it killed all desire to play the game in me.

I hope this gets fixed.

Edited by Iridarus

Yes, this is most unfortunate.

I hope this gets fixed.

You can pretty much Axe that idea of getting fixed. Peeps have been waiting months for the Relaxed Vestment Chestwraps to be corrected(just look at the number of posts in here about it). This even to the point it has made it on the known bug list and yet no repair has been sighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Confirming as well. It's a little frustrating to get a what looks like a neat looking set of armor but then have it visually bug when a toon runs. Quite frankly, I won't use armor with bugs like that present. The Regal mini-skirt suffers from the last kind of clipping that the Last Handmaiden's exhibit.

Tested on female toons with body types 1 and 2. I do not have type 3 or 4.

I know a common answer to the question of these kinds of bugs: would you like us (ea) to fix old bugs or work on new things? Honestly, I would prefer ea fix these old bugs. It would give me confidence in making further cartel purchase.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

*Bump*

Any plans on finally fixing the heavy clipping for this skirt?

I have a female character, body size 2. The legs clip through the skirt in the back and front while walking slow and running. Also major clipping when crouching into cover. (I'm a smuggler).

Guess I won't be wearing this skirt on my character until the issues with Regal Apparel Miniskirt are fixed. So sadly its going into the storage box till then.. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Naga Sadow's skirt has the same clipping problems when crouched, walking, running and while in weapon holding pose. How difficult is it to fix this? Its been months..

If the fix to NS's skirt is to add leggings, I'd rather keep it the way it is. BTW, the answer to your question is apparently '2'.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...