Revan's fate after the Foundry encounter

Deviss

Problem is, DARK SIDE does NOT equal SITH and SITH does NOT equal DARK SIDE. He wanted to WIPE OUT ALL SITH. GENOCIDE. Very very evil thing. Very very dark side thing. Doesn't make him Sith. So, if anything, if he DOES return, he'll be on his own as a fight for both sides to stop him from taking his "Crusade" too far. A Sith can be light side and a jedi can be dark side. There are also many force users, on both sides of the force, that aren't Jedi or Sith. Teras Kasi, Sages of Baran-Do, Nightsisters, Witches of Dathomir, Sorcerers of Tund, the iist goes on. Some of those are dark side, but they aren't Sith. Some of them are Light Side. But they aren't Jedi. All of them can "fall" or "rise" the same as a Jedi or a Sith.

Yeah but your missing the part where....Revan...is...the...only...Force-user....to master BOTH light and dark.....well...Till Cade Skywalker but Cade doesn't "like" either Jedi or Sith. Revan is still considered a Jedi Master, and for the most part fallows the Jedi way. Mace Windu even tried to wipe out the Sith. No Jedi want the Sith around.

Edited by JediMasterRevan

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i still think they need to do more with him regardless of the robes in cartel market...

he needs to come back after foundry and be a part of the big story come on...lol

revan expansion tba - will make tons of money lol

remember fold space ( an ability allowing a force user to teleport an object or even oneself from one place to another)

revan was defeated not killed!

besides one vs one revan would woop ANY of empire characters but 1 vs 4 of the empire elite is a harsh battle for anyone lol

and in his time the only person who could best him was the emperor himself

''only i understand him and his death is my responsibility'' ( puts on mask)

so epic lol

yeah i still think they need to do more with him regardless of the robes in cartel market...

he needs to come back after foundry and be a part of the big story come on...lol

revan expansion tba - will make tons of money lol

remember fold space ( an ability allowing a force user to teleport an object or even oneself from one place to another)

revan was defeated not killed!

besides one vs one revan would woop ANY of empire characters but 1 vs 4 of the empire elite is a harsh battle for anyone lol

and in his time the only person who could best him was the emperor himself

''only i understand him and his death is my responsibility'' ( puts on mask)

so epic lol

We should also mention that revan was having his power sapped from him for 300 years prior to foundry so he wasnt at full strength either. In this time the only person that can best him at full strength is the emperor himself.

We should also mention that revan was having his power sapped from him for 300 years prior to foundry so he wasnt at full strength either. In this time the only person that can best him at full strength is the emperor himself.

And the Emperor had help.

I had to do some digging around the internet.

At the time when people first played the Foundry on this game, people were wondering what happened to Revan.

The current lead director or writer for the game left, and the new lead writer said in a statement:

"I do not know of any further references to Revan, but what i can say, is we left the doors WIDE open if we want to bring him back in the future"

Also there have been minor hints from fans taking things from books, and applying them to Revan.

Logically; whenever a Jedi/Sith dies, their bodies are physically there. If they dont, their body disappears and they turn into a force ghost. Becoming one with the force is the equivalent (from what i understand) as "passing on" in our society. So the best explained theory ive seen out there generally goes like this:

Revan creates a force cocoon around him and sealed himself inside a physical manifestation of the force, only to return later, either by his own will, or when released.

people are taking long shots saying how Revan might be referenced or even might go as far as to appear in the new Star Wars films coming out this decade. Which might make sense, depending on what story line Disney is taking in the 7th film.

In all seriousness and my opinion, Revan is WAY too much of an important character to have "disappear" in a game. They would make sure people know and make a huge deal about it. take in Star Wars episode 3. Vader's fall to the dark side was drawn out over an entire episode (persay).

Revans death would not be in a mere flashpoint in a game. it seems a petty way to dispose of a character. Revan is compared to Anakin/Vader of importance in their timeline of star wars history. What im saying is Revan is a major character and cant be simply thrown away.

Maybe we will see the Return of Revan in the future?

That's the thing though. Revan isn't an important character in the game. He may have been once in the previous two games but he is mostly irrelevant in TOR. His appearance essentially constitutes a cameo that if removed would have changed almost nothing. The Foundry changes or affects very little when it comes to the rest of the content.

• 4 weeks later...
Well my personal opinion is that they should have concluded Revan's fate in a Kotor III. Not in the MMO SWTOR. But that could be only my preferencess.

QFT.

This whole KOTOR storyline should have been concluded in a KOTOR 3 game and SWTOR could be a fresh, new start. Honestly I don't like the fact that I forced to kill Revan and HK-47 (twice!!!!), the iconic figures of the previous games. And I don't like the fact that my KOTOR2 character was simply killed outside of the game in a "novel" (which is more like a draft script than a novel) and I can see her as a ghost in a flashpoint.

Sure, from MMO perspective these are epic moments. From KOTOR perspective I think these are poorly executed stories.

You can't exactly kill HK-47, not to mention he has been disassembled and reassembled more than once, including in KOTOR 2 as some people may remember for sure.

Either way, there's no reasoning for LA not to develop KOTOR 3 at some point since as the scientist in MP states, the only venue they have to navigate INSIDE the nebula is thanks to a Gree computer obtained by Darth Malgus, during his expedition in the Unknown Regions, after the whole Sacking of Coruscant business; If memory serves me right, Kilran also went to the Prison to secure the prisoner as Malgus stated... In other words, that wasn't his prison the whole time.

In other words, they could still pull off a KOTOR 3 that could bring some closure concerning Revan, Exile, Carth, Bastila and so forth. ;)

In other words, they could still pull off a KOTOR 3 that could bring some closure concerning Revan, Exile, Carth, Bastila and so forth. ;)

I'm really like your optimism but I can't share.

Either BW concludes these storylines in SWTOR or there will be never concluded. KOTOR2 came out too long ago to make a successful KOTOR3. In fact I met lots of SWTOR player who didn't play KOTOR1-2. They are constantly asking "why is this Revan guy sooo important", "ooooohhh, I need this cool looking robot companion, who is this?". Bioware should had make KOTOR3 first - instead of KOTOR3 they made SWTOR.

I'm really like your optimism but I can't share.

Either BW concludes these storylines in SWTOR or there will be never concluded. KOTOR2 came out too long ago to make a successful KOTOR3. In fact I met lots of SWTOR player who didn't play KOTOR1-2. They are constantly asking "why is this Revan guy sooo important", "ooooohhh, I need this cool looking robot companion, who is this?". Bioware should had make KOTOR3 first - instead of KOTOR3 they made SWTOR.

Again, it was just an hypothesis, mate. ;)

In other words, just trying to explore possible storyline venues, given the way the Revan novel ends and the manner in which he is reintroduced in TOR. If the demand is there, somewhere down the road, who knows what may come up? It can't be worse than that Kinect SW game for the Xbox 360 I'd say. :p

QFT.

This whole KOTOR storyline should have been concluded in a KOTOR 3 game and SWTOR could be a fresh, new start. Honestly I don't like the fact that I forced to kill Revan and HK-47 (twice!!!!), the iconic figures of the previous games. And I don't like the fact that my KOTOR2 character was simply killed outside of the game in a "novel" (which is more like a draft script than a novel) and I can see her as a ghost in a flashpoint.

Sure, from MMO perspective these are epic moments. From KOTOR perspective I think these are poorly executed stories.

Look at it this way regarding Revan: You struck him down and he'll come back in a form more powerful than you can possibly imagine. ;) And for HK-47, well, he was seen running around on Mustafar during the time of the Rebel Alliance, so he's not exactly killable in this era.

I think Revan (the novel) should have been KOTOR III not the other way around (and I think it did more harm than good to the KOTOR gamer, but it is what it is).

I do think Revan will make a return after the foundry, but I hope it's not exclusively in some sort of "Red vs. Blue" rivalry with the Sith Emperor - he should have more to contribute to following arcs than just that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://twitter.com/hallhood/status/322715009400569856 I asked Hall Hood directly via the twitter in an attempt to get some hint about Revan's potential future fate. Here is the response that I received:

@hallhood Kudos to the entire BioWare team for Makeb - simply amazing. I hope we can expect more story content soon (Revan's return perhaps?

@LoreFreak1 Hehe... we'll see! Glad you enjoyed Makeb!

Interpret it as you wish, but he did not say no. :) As I said numerous times: mark my words, we will see more of Revan yet (would have been better to get brand new single player RPG game, but that is so not going to happen).

And for HK-47, well, he was seen running around on Mustafar during the time of the Rebel Alliance, so he's not exactly killable in this era.

Could you tell me more about that encounter? I might have missed that comic/book... and would like to learn more about HK in Rebellion time

Could you tell me more about that encounter? I might have missed that comic/book... and would like to learn more about HK in Rebellion time

I believe he was referring HK appearance on Galaxies game. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
OK nerf Revan : - )

Some interesting storries here, would really like new KOTOR game.

They've already said they aren't going to do it. They did SWtOR instead, IF you really want to play KotOR 3, play the Jedi Knight. That is generally thought (can anyone verify that it is official that it would have been?) to be what KotOR 3's story would be, had there been a KotOR 3. However, they decided to make many classes, many stories, and expand the game and story far more than just a single player single story arc.

So, look at it that way... Instead of JUST KotOR 3 being the story of the Jedi Knight (yes, you could probably start as a consular if you wanted, but that's not the point, the story would be the same), you now have that one, plus ANOTHER Unique JEdi Consular story PLUS a Sith Inquisitor, Sith Warrior... even smugglers, imperial agents, bounty hunters, and republic troopers. 6 UNIQUE but interwoven stories with full light side and darkside choices... instead of one... now, by what I've said... would you give up SWtOR for a SINGLE story called KotOR 3?

https://twitter.com/hallhood/status/322715009400569856 I asked Hall Hood directly via the twitter in an attempt to get some hint about Revan's potential future fate. Here is the response that I received:

@hallhood Kudos to the entire BioWare team for Makeb - simply amazing. I hope we can expect more story content soon (Revan's return perhaps?

@LoreFreak1 Hehe... we'll see! Glad you enjoyed Makeb!

Interpret it as you wish, but he did not say no. :) As I said numerous times: mark my words, we will see more of Revan yet (would have been better to get brand new single player RPG game, but that is so not going to happen).

I don't suppose you can ask him about who the entity really is? I know he didn't write the warrior storyline(like karpyshyn said when asked this), but Hood was a lead writer for the game as a whole, wasn't he?

I don't suppose you can ask him about who the entity really is? I know he didn't write the warrior storyline(like karpyshyn said when asked this), but Hood was a lead writer for the game as a whole, wasn't he?

Why don't you ask him yourself? The more people ask, higher the chance of him actually giving some sort of answer. Drew Karpyshyn was a lead writer as well I believe.

Edited by Deviss

If Revan survived then his mission has got to be to destroy the Emporer once and for all, possibly with the help of the jedi knight .

Revan is too much of an important character to be confined to a single hypothetical class storyline. If he makes a return, it will be either in a flashpoint or operation.

Revan died - in one of the old testing relics from cartel packs (before they were pulled for not working half the time) was Revan's mask which summoned his force ghost and would aid you in battle doing X damage, etc.

So unless those relics are completely abandoned, he is dead.

Edited by Eillack

Revan died - in one of the old testing relics from cartel packs (before they were pulled for not working half the time) was Revan's mask which summoned his force ghost and would aid you in battle doing X damage, etc.

So unless those relics are completely abandoned, he is dead.

I do remember that but cartel content rarely qualifies as relevant, when it comes to defining canon or hypothesis.