Do PvP armoring mods bonus Transfer to any Orange crafted armor?

Philastra

For example if I take the Battlemaster Elimnators chest mods and Stick them into the Vindicators BM crafted orange chest will the Vindicators have the eliminators set bonus? Edited by Philastra
making sure the threads correctly stated

For example if I take the Battlemaster Elimnators chest mods and Stick them into the Vindicators BM crafted orange chest will the Vindicators have the eliminators set bonus?

I think it dose but i'm not fully sure I have an orange chest with aug and dosent show set but my other peices show 5/5 set

yeah id like to have a suit of armor that i like the way it looks and im hoping i can mix an match as long as I have the mods i wouldnt see that would be pc specific. and with your case un equip and reequip it all and see if set bonus still shows.

Set bonuses are not transferring at the moment, tested with my BM supercommando chest. very frustrating since this has been on the wish list for forever. Right now if you have a 4 piece bonus you need I would recommend getting a chest piece crit crafted so you can match the look or your remaining gear. Also the jet black color scheme from the BH eliminator set DOES NOT work with the "unify colors" option :mad:

Only the new armor sets can transfer their set bonuses to orange gear. That means only WH, BH, and Campaign transfer over to Orange as they are post-1.2 armor sets where as everything else was pre-1.2. Not sure if Bioware is looking to fix this issue for at least the BM, Rakata, and/or Columi, but a lot of people at least want the BM gear set bonuses to transfer as there are specific orange BM gear that can be crafted.

I understand only the gear obatined in 1.2 will transfer the set bonus. Tehe question is will the set bomus to any orange crafted armor....ie BM elimnintors chest to say the BM vindicators chest will the vindicators have the elminator set bonus?

I guess ill just suck it up and spend the credits and try it myself. lol If not BW did not really give us they ability to custimize our toons w/o taking a set bonus penality...which is beyond me why they didnt

1. I had to actually get the pc of pvp armor with the mods in it. and spend a ton of creds in modding.

2. The pvp armor still has to be earned( BM or WH) to get the mods you want and still spend lots of credits to do it.

3. The most important reason. The community wants the ability to change appearance. Does not give an ingame advantage to allow it infact it would make the game look better. Instead of a bunch clones running around .

Edited by Philastra

Well through an expensive test ...the answer is yes the set bounus will transfer to any orange crafted armor for those who wanted to know. As long as the Armoring mod has "(Armoring)" after the name of the mod.

Are you certain the set bonus goes over?

Well through an expensive test ...the answer is yes the set bounus will transfer to any orange crafted armor for those who wanted to know. As long as the Armoring mod has "(Armoring)" after the name of the mod.

I testet it before todays patch with boots, gloves and legs of the Bounty Hunter Battlemaster set.

The armoring mods did not transfer the set-bonus. The other pieces of equipment did not show the 2-pieces or 4-pieces bonus when they should have done so. Removing or adding the orange items with the armoring mod (and with the other mods as well) did not change that.

G. Zoellner wrote that the bonus will be transfered with the armoring mod. So feel free to test it for yourself. As long as you transfer only 1 mod, it´s less than 100k for the test. I spend a "little bit" more than that. I hope you will understand that I did not extend my testing upon the remaining set-items and the BM-gear of my twinks.

I answered this in the other thread, scroll down to my post (#9 i think)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4054551#post4054551

The set bonus for item lv58 or below wont transfer with the armoring. Only the new lv61 or above will. And if you click the dev post i linked in that other thread it says that "it doesnt matter when you get it" so even if you got the BM pieces post 1.2 the set bonus wont transfer. Hope that helps.

Edited by lunartic

Unfortunatly not true. I also went through a very expensive test.

Post patch 1.2 armoring mods (lvl 61 & higher) are the only mods that will transfer set bonuses to an orange piece of gear. Any armoring mods lvl 58 & lower will not transfer (this includes Battlemaster/Champion/Centurion/Rakata/Columi/Tionese).

I wish I had done a little bit of research first, the answer to this question is litterally everywhere.