1x Per Instance Spawns

Aieranda

Tait or other BIoware folks -

There are some mobs that are needed for some planetary achievements that only spawn one time per maintenance cycle or one time per planetary instance created if populations are high enough for that (rarely happens). Once the mob is killed once, it is not available again until the world is regenerated either through a maintenance cycle or a new instance of the planet/location.

Some examples are:

Rakghoul Behemoth on Taris

Berserk Hutt BO-2S Battle Droid on Nar Shaddaa

Ancient Sith Dreadnought on Voss

Boss Zraska on Voss

Mobs such as these are part of mob lists for certain planetary location achievements, not standalone achievements.

Is this functioning as intended? Or is this a known issue that might be addressed at some, not able to be speculated about, future time? Is it possible to implement a fix that gives these creatures an actual respawn timer, albeit a lengthy one if rarity once to be preserved, or to remove them from their respective achievement lists?

I've seen some posts in other forums (general discussion) speculating that this is intended because other games have rare spawns in this manner as well. On the other hand, multiple people have also discussed observing these creatures being dead within a minute of server reset and instance generation as well. Assuming that is happening legitimately, it is still no guarantee to hedge against persons of ill will who might simply have the desire, ability, and/or hardware to troll-kill such mobs to deny other people the opportunity to complete the related achievement.

• 6 months later...

oh. This might explain why I don't find some of those rare people/monsters/droids even when looking them up with a guide and travelling to their location...

It is a bit annoying when you travel to the farthest regions on Planets just to discover that the one thing you came for is not there... (and I'm not even talking about Snowblind...)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I really wish they would fix this. The droid is the only one I need.

I parked a toon there and just logged in to check here and there. He was not there mid Tuesday and found him on Wednesday... so not sure what spawn timer is but its not just with server reset. He is just a gold so likely people leveling are killing him for the chest he sits beside.

Edited by Derat