Maintenance: October 24th, 2017

EricMusco

Exactly, people shouldn't make such a big deal out of it, imo.

Well thats easy to say if you are from the US or never play during daytime in Europe. But for Europe the maintenance is always during day time and for US always during the darkest of night. So yeah at the end we miss a lot more of playtime after 6 years in Europe.... This time its even an whole day and also during a holiday...

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats easy to say if you are from the US or never play during daytime in Europe. But for Europe the maintenance is always during day time and for US always during the darkest of night. So yeah at the end we miss a lot more of playtime after 6 years in Europe.... This time its even an whole day and also during a holiday...

Well, I live in Scotland and I play during the day too when I can. I'm getting just as dicked as any other European player.:) You can't really make them work at weird hours just to appeal to the European players. They are based in the US, it is what it is.

Edited by Eshvara

Weird hours? Now they always have maintenance during their night... That are normal work hours for Americans? Learned something new here today... :D

It doesn't matter.

You have every right to complain, I just don't see what the big deal is.

Anyway, G'day.

Edited by Eshvara

Well, I live in Scotland and I play during the day too when I can. I'm getting just as dicked as any other European player.:) You can't really make them work at weird hours just to appeal to the European players. They are based in the US, it is what it is.

An alternative I've encountered in (ETA) some other MMOs is having the EU servers maintained by EU folk and on an EU schedule. That way EU maint can be handled in the wee small hours of the EU as well. I rather like that.

I'll miss out on a day due to the extended downtime. I'm not freaked about it but I do wish for the above scenario. :)

Edited by DieAlteHexe

An alternative I've encountered in (ETA) some other MMOs is having the EU servers maintained by EU folk and on an EU schedule. That way EU maint can be handled in the wee small hours of the EU as well. I rather like that.

I'll miss out on a day due to the extended downtime. I'm not freaked about it but I do wish for the above scenario. :)

Aion EU had a UK based office and maintenance was done that way, It sure was nice! But UK Aion and N/A AIon weren't part of the same client like swtor, you couldn't play on the other region with the same account, so you'd have to buy a different game. I'm not sure if they can split regions for maintenance with the way the swtor client works?:rak_02: But then again, they can bring down servers individually, so it's probably possible.

I guess it depends on how badly they want to hire more staff to appeal to us Urps!:p I'm totally game if they would.:rak_03:

Aion EU had a UK based office and maintenance was done that way, It sure was nice! But UK Aion and N/A AIon weren't part of the same client like swtor, you couldn't play on the other region with the same account, so you'd have to buy a different game. I'm not sure if they can split regions for maintenance with the way the swtor client works?:rak_02: But then again, they can bring down servers individually, so it's probably possible.

I guess it depends on how badly they want to hire more staff to appeal to us Urps!:p I'm totally game if they would.:rak_03:

Think it did with WoW, at least I think it was WoW. Whichever one it was, there used to be a comical surge of players to the other region's servers when theirs were down. :)

It's not a huge deal to me but I can see where it'd really chafe those for whom that day and time is one of the few they have available to play.

Think it did with WoW, at least I think it was WoW. Whichever one it was, there used to be a comical surge of players to the other region's servers when theirs were down. :)

It's not a huge deal to me but I can see where it'd really chafe those for whom that day and time is one of the few they have available to play.

Well it sure would be nice!:D

What about the hardware software changeover? I just hope my pc can handle all the updates to come.

It'll just be their end. The engine is about as good as it'll ever be so there'll not be much difference at ours.

Better connectivity though.

However, it'll be bye bye SWTOR if performance does degrade any further though.

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 24th for back-end maintenance. This maintenance will be extended for hardware upgrades happening in our datacenters to prepare for United Forces.

Reminder - Character transfers will be turned off with this maintenance. They will not be turned back on until some point after United Forces which is still TBD (based on testing). The current character transfer sale will also be ending on 10/24.

Details:

DATE: 24 October 2017

TIME: 3:00AM - 10:00AM PDT (1000 - 1700 GMT)

VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

My transfer didn't go through and I was told it was because I had missed the deadline. Really? at 7pm est on the 23rd?

edit. This has been resolved. Thank you.

Edited by MidnightsMadness

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 24th for back-end maintenance. This maintenance will be extended for hardware upgrades happening in our datacenters to prepare for United Forces.

Reminder - Character transfers will be turned off with this maintenance. They will not be turned back on until some point after United Forces which is still TBD (based on testing). The current character transfer sale will also be ending on 10/24.

Details:

-eric

After this maintenance Oct 24 17 – UFF Formation will u be able to see the new server & be able to create new toons or do we still need to wait until 8 Nov to use the new servers

thanks

Is this upgrade going to improve anything for the user?

Less lag, better graphics, the option for my dynamic combat and more immersive open world experience?

The Clockwork City has been launched in ESO, oh what Iokath could have been, and the Path of Fire launched a month ago in GW2. While the big thing this year for SWTOR appears to be somewhat vague in what it means for the player and taken the place of any significant content for the year. 5.6 is meant to be the biggest update of the year at one op boss, one flashpoint and 2 pvp maps (which are ultimately 2 maps with nothing in them). So it would be nice to see how this investment is going to benefit the end user or customer as it were rather than appear to be a gimmick that doesn't change anything.

Is this upgrade going to improve anything for the user?

Less lag, better graphics, the option for my dynamic combat and more immersive open world experience?

Considering the description stating back end maintenance and something to do with their data centers + no form of patch, I don't think so.

Considering the description stating back end maintenance and something to do with their data centers + no form of patch, I don't think so.

I don’t know depending on how much of an upgrade in hardware and software to serers i would think heir be slightly better latency and performance/reliability (due to server optimzation) but not by much

But i would judge it when the 5.5.1 patch is out which updates the client for this upgade

Well, it's certainly a long DT, but it's needed for the server merges.

And yes, I agree with those saying it's disruptive to the european players, but no matter what they do with DT, it would be dirsuptive for some one, so we have to take the bad with the good so to speak. It does really suck, but it's nothing we can do about it.

Edited by Otowi

Why did you start earlier than other times !!! Couldn't play this week you could have specified that earlier ! :mad:

On October 2nd they posted the roadmap which detailed that there would be an extended maintenance today.

This post was put on the 20th, that is 4 days ago with the exact timing.

And if you were ASSUMING that it would start at the same time but just longer, let me just remind you that the current duration already goes into the prime time of the EU zone. As it will not finish until 7PM for us. Any later would really be unfair.

Learn to read and learn to think please.

Hey everyone!

Details:

-eric

Will be nice if u give us 1 more day for transfers, coz yesterday i tried to transfer toons and always had problems with it. Overloaded?Don`t know. Or some nice price for transfers in 1st days of UF.