2.0 DPS Leaderboard (v2)

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain? I'm not as verse in torparse logs as other people.

The guy edited his log to give him higher numbers. You can tell because the threat is different then damage for several moves and the 2 parses previously linked have the same time stamp but different numbers. Diff numbers can be seen to come from only HiB and PC, by having a much higher crit rate in the edited parse.

The guy edited his log to give him higher numbers. You can tell because the threat is different then damage for several moves and the 2 parses previously linked have the same time stamp but different numbers. Diff numbers can be seen to come from only HiB and PC, by having a much higher crit rate in the edited parse.

wow one thing is editing, i bet a lot of these parses are edited somewhere and people have not noticed... but other thing is.... that.... come on... let the guy explain anyways, might have a good explanation before pointing fingers.

That's... a lot of effort to doctor a parse. I can't, however, explain the difference between damage and threat as it's always equal or 1. Hm.

Update on mine

Tan'qu - Hybrid Vanguard - 2/22/22

I could've gotten over 2900 but abilities not going off totally gimped me. >_> I'll try again tomorrow lol.

Changes:

- UW earpiece

- DG Clicky

- 3UW 1Ark pieces (yeah I am too lazy to PVP, if anyone wonders why I didn't go for the PVP setpieces)

- Swapped 2 Advanced Agile Mod 31 for 2 Advanced Nimble Mod 31.

Edited by Rahizm

So would this be an example of what isn't allowed anymore? Full log uploaded, but trimmed in torparse?

Not trying to single you out Carl (it was just the latest parse posted), just want a clarification. Because if this isn't allowed, a lot of parses on the board need to be removed.

Also OP you should edit you rules, since the explicitly state that trimming ending is allowed.

Edited by MVaglin

That's... a lot of effort to doctor a parse. I can't, however, explain the difference between damage and threat as it's always equal or 1. Hm.

Lot of effort? Not really. What is quicker, parsing 10, 5+ minute parses or opening one up and changing a few numbers? I think it is pretty obvious that he changed them. Also, there was an IR that didn't match damage to threat. I'd be willing to see an explanation, but I don't think there really can be one other than the one already stated. Floyd Landis?

Edited by Arch_Angel_Gabe

So would this be an example of what isn't allowed anymore? Full log uploaded, but trimmed in torparse?

Not trying to single you out Carl (it was just the latest parse posted), just want a clarification. Because if this isn't allowed, a lot of parses on the board need to be removed.

Also OP you should edit you rules, since the explicitly state that trimming ending is allowed.

Trimming your parse in TORPARSE is okay. Editing the raw log with notepad is not.

I took the time to put the two log files side by side.

1) Both log files are the exact same length.

2) Both log files have the exact same time's for their abilities.

Example:

13:40:44.298 Thoric's Pulse Cannon hits Operations Training Dummy for 2423 elemental damage, causing 2423 threat.

Then it becomes this...

13:40:44.298 Thoric's Pulse Cannon critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 4150* elemental damage, causing 2423 threat!

The real question to me is this: How do we know any of his parses are legit? He might have just missed a few of the numbers to correct. Right? I mean, if he changed threat, no one would be none the wiser.

Edited by Arch_Angel_Gabe

Don't want to point fingers but wow those parses look incriminating. If this is true... what a shame. #sadface. I hope he speaks up soon though. But until then, do you guys think he also edits his raid logs? Edited by paowee