Reverse the nerf on Sentinels and Sage Healers

sdom

sure bud whatever makes you happy. "dummy parses" "mara sucks" "bad dps"

btw the mara camo tactical? isnt some god mode ability. in reality camo has a 45 second cd with utility and a 5 sec duration. with the new tactical it lost a whopping "15 seconds" on its cd, but if you think you dont have to take the utility you got a another thought coming... cuz you will have a max camo of 2-3 sec.... and in camo you will only go 50% speed instead of 70%.

conclusion: you save 15 seconds on cd, you cant save pred for the camo out and you "STILL" need to take the utility so you didnt save a utlity point either. (you shouldnt be using pred and camo together cuz you go 70% under camo... but you might need it for a root break, a root ravage, camo and stealth scan can finish you in an instant)

My screenshots proved exactly what I wanted them to. Spasi requested 50k raging burst, obliterate and furious strike. before that was an arena parse of 2.9m dmg a round to acid. you arent listening to anyone, but trust... maras are just fine. maybe carnage and anni suck.... who cares? there are always specs that "suck" at pvp.

Edited by Seterade

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw the mara camo tactical? isnt some god mode ability. in reality camo has a 45 second cd with utility and a 5 sec duration. with the new tactical it lost a whopping "15 seconds" on its cd, but if you think you dont have to take the utility you got a another thought coming... cuz you will have a max camo of 2-3 sec.... and in camo you will only go 50% speed instead of 70%.

conclusion: you save 15 seconds on cd, you cant save pred for the camo out and you "STILL" need to take the utility so you didnt save a u7tlity point either.

You can pop the first camo, go stealth and heal. If they chase you, you pop pred and boom, another camo immediately. And then after that, it's just on a 30 sec cooldown because it resets every time you pred. As long as you space out your dcds properly, maras can survive an insanely long time just running around, stealthing out constantly. That combined with their comparatively lesser damage puts them a lot further down in the kill order in my opinion.

I spent 3 years playing bait on venge jugg and AP pt in ranked. I will take a 38k consistent autocrit obliterate instead of playing headless chicken for 3 more meta years. the camo will probably be nerfed anyway. too many people crying about it.

btw, I never play fotm. This thread is why 6.0 will be mara main expansion.

Edited by Seterade

I will take a 38k consistent autocrit obliterate instead of playing headless chicken for 3 more meta years.

I agree with your sentiment here. It's why I don't enjoy playing mara at all. All the top maras did, and will continue to do even more now, is constantly stealth out and heal. I don't blame them for it, it's how you have to play it to succeed, but it's a deeply un-fun play style to me.

sure bud whatever makes you happy. "dummy parses" "mara sucks" "bad dps"

conclusion: you save 15 seconds on cd, you cant save pred for the camo out and you "STILL" need to take the utility so you didnt save a utlity point either. (you shouldnt be using pred and camo together cuz you go 70% under camo... but you might need it for a root break, a root ravage, camo and stealth scan can finish you in an instant)

My screenshots proved exactly what I wanted them to. Spasi requested 50k raging burst, obliterate and furious strike. before that was an arena parse of 2.9m dmg a round to acid. you arent listening to anyone, but trust... maras are just fine. maybe carnage and anni suck.... who cares? there are always specs that "suck" at pvp.

I play ranked every day and pretty much. People are not even focusing mara anymore since they have double camo but if you let mara free cast he won't do much dps. Keeping sins/snipers/opers from damaging is priority now, free casting mara isn't a problem at all. Their hits compared to oper/sniper/sin are nothing

Okay its time for this ******** argument to end.Sent/Mara is fine its not as good as it used to be, which is a bummer but its serviceable. What i am fighting for all classes to do more damage AROUND THE BOARD. Get classes to do damage cause its too low. That is excluding sin/pt, they need more defense not damage. I am also a strong advocate for buff/rework to Carnage/Combat spec due to it being bad. I also want more interesting tactical items. I am NOT fighting tooth and nail to buff a class that is already good. I want all classes to be good and i feel like the amount of damage most ppl do is too low. Its insane to need 800k damage just to kill 1 person, which is true for some classes.Besides regs are a joke and ranked is a mess. We are doing nothing but bull******** atm. Time needs to pass, things need to settle, bugs need to be fixed and guides need to be written. We're all wrong so just accept it and wait.

I concede the point i was wrong. Its possible.Not reliable or realistic but possible.

You can pop the first camo, go stealth and heal. If they chase you, you pop pred and boom, another camo immediately. And then after that, it's just on a 30 sec cooldown because it resets every time you pred. As long as you space out your dcds properly, maras can survive an insanely long time just running around, stealthing out constantly. That combined with their comparatively lesser damage puts them a lot further down in the kill order in my opinion.

No one is focusing mara first anymore. As it was said their dps isn't scary anymore which means you can choose mara as second and third target. When i play mara and going camo to regen during my attempt to regen all 4 enemies switching to next target and bursting him down with 62 k mauls, 70k ambushes, 60k backstabs with veiled strike tactical. Running too far for regen means leaving ur team 3vs4 against fotm killing machines. Sin doesn't have such issue - he has double vanish and can use it, step not far away from fight hide behind something (sin doesnt need to run to africa in hope of combat removal as mara needs) and easily regen then rapidly return back into the fight without leaving ur team for too long. Ofc sin can also guard his low hp team mates and then vanish again.

Mara has no instant combat remove, mara has no guard or taunts to save his team mates, mara has less mezz abilities compared to sin, mara doesn't have any offheals to heal himself or his team mates. All mara has is his dps. Huge dps is maras essence - two lightsabers and no guard, taunts, heals, many mezz abilities. Yet now maras dps is lower than sins, opers, sorcs. SO yeah mara is useless. With time they will dissapear from ranked

No one is focusing mara first anymore. As it was said their dps isn't scary anymore which means you can choose mara as second and third target. When i play mara and going camo to regen during my attempt to regen all 4 enemies switching to next target and bursting him down with 62 k mauls, 70k ambushes, 60k backstabs with veiled strike tactical. Running too far for regen means leaving ur team 3vs4 against fotm killing machines. Sin doesn't have such issue - he has double vanish and can use it, step not far away from fight hide behind something (sin doesnt need to run to africa in hope of combat removal as mara needs) and easily regen then rapidly return back into the fight without leaving ur team for too long. Ofc sin can also guard his low hp team mates and then vanish again.

Mara has no instant combat remove, mara has no guard or taunts to save his team mates, mara has less mezz abilities compared to sin, mara doesn't have any offheals to heal himself or his team mates. All mara has is his dps. Huge dps is maras essence - two lightsabers and no guard, taunts, heals, many mezz abilities. Yet now maras dps is lower than sins, opers, sorcs. SO yeah mara is useless. With time they will dissapear from ranked

Again, you are being entirely overdramatic. I've seen maras in solo ranked pull over 10k when left to their own devices. A freecasting mara can still do enough damage. Maras will be totally fine in ranked, they're just no longer fotm. No one will be shedding any tears for a class that was fotm in ranked for over a year.

Again, you are being entirely overdramatic. I've seen maras in solo ranked pull over 10k when left to their own devices. A freecasting mara can still do enough damage. Maras will be totally fine in ranked, they're just no longer fotm. No one will be shedding any tears for a class that was fotm in ranked for over a year.

No screen shots, no spec of that mysterious mara considering my personal experience when i saw maras doing low dps compared to sins it is hard to believe that fury mara can do 10k dps. Don't take me wrong i dont want mara to be god class. But it wasnt best in 5.x patch (merc and oper were) and now mara is even worse yet conc oper and drc sin are far away from all other specs. I was one of those who asked devs to help conc operative and dec sins because they needed some buffs to dps:

Deception assassin's tactical items and set bonuses are utterly trash. Killing an enemy with overload saber renews it? How it will help assassin with problem of surviving and doing damage because now it is one of the most useless classes due to its low defenses and mediocre dps. In most cases when sin uses overload saber in few seconds he is forced to use vanish and run away for regen which doesn't allow him to kill anyone while overload saber is on...

Shadowcraft - Using Phantom Stride from stealth grants a charge of Shadowcraft, causing your next attack to critically hit. Using phantom stride in stealth? For what? In most cases phantom stride is kept for using when sin is out of stealth and slowed, pushed or rooted while enemy ran away or used some push back ability which disengaged him back from sin. Normal skilled sin wont use phantom stride in stealth LOL. + in 95% of all situations deception sin opens with stealth stun - spike which makes bonus for critical hit useless since stealth stun isnt a big damage ability.

Steely Spike - Using Spike grants you a 20% damage reduction for 6 seconds. THIS looks like a good set bonus for squishy assassin. Yet on practice it wont Change much since after revealing from stealth first 6 seconds enemies are looking for sin, trying to click on him, getting/jumping on sin, using abilities which only prepare for real damage (mando uses grav round, mara uses force crush to buff raging burst, carnage uses massacre to get buff to ataru procs etc. These first 6 seconds are useless Anyway

Projected Shroud - Using Severing Slash while under Force Shroud lowers the targets accuracy and extends the duration of Force Shroud by 2 seconds. THIS IS the only one good bonus for sin among all. But it is only one

Reckless Shadow - Recklessness increases your Force regeneration greatly for a short time. USELESS for sins since they don't have any issues with force generation anyway

[*]Multitrap - Mind Trap can now affect up to two targets at once. Isnt that great considering that in most cases enemy players are not stacking at the beginning of the fight when it can be used or some of them might already be in combat, or sin's team may use their own cc on other targets over second mind trap when they see that sin already used mind trap on other target. + such ability like mind trap is used only at start of the fight and after fight starts in most of cases it becomes useless because enemies are always in combat and sin has only one vanish.

Discharging Voltage - Severing Slash causes your next Discharge to arc to multiple targetS. Sorry what? Deception sin is specializing in mezzing and ccing enemies. Aoe damage only breaks deception sins own mezz and cc abilities which sin depends so much on . Dumbest tactical bonus i ever saw

[*]Burning Bolts - When Reaping Strike hits, it causes its target to burn. Might be a good bonus if damage from this burn will be high

[*]High Voltage - Using Voltaic Slash and Lacerate with 2 stacks of Voltage deals additional damage and finishes the cooldown of Ball Lightning. Is this a joke? Who will use voltaic slash when already having 2 stacks of voltage?? Ofc with 2 stacks of voltage sin will use buffed lightning bolt and wont use it additional time when lightning bolt is buffed and blinking lol. As for new stacks after previous bolt is used it makes no sense since until sin gets new 2 stacks of voltage bolt will come off cd naturally and won't require any reset.

OVERALL, these set bonuses and tactical items only push deception sin farther from other classes. Making deception sin more useless as it became with 5.0. patch. I bet my month salary that with current new set bonuses and tactical items deception sin will be much weaker even compared to its current poor position in pvp.

AND:

all of these look useless for any operative spec...whos' idea was on these weak bonuses?

I didn't know dev's calculation will be so wrong when i asked them to buff sin and oper. They crossed the line and pushed mercs, maras, pts far behind in solo ranked. Buffing certain specs too much while leaving others with weak changes or even nerfing them leads to total domination of certain buffed specs.

I mean I gave you an entire combat log of 7-9k of dmg even under focus fire. but you keep thinking maras suck, I personaly think you just want it buffed back to fotm.

I just went through the log... LOL one of them was an 18k fight. oof

Maybe if your having trouble doing dps on mara? maybe stop using camo pred and start using autocrit obliterate with FP set bonus? might have a different exp

the difference between an autocrit obliterate vs a normal one is about crit 25k-37k, with 10% set bonus, crit 27-40k

yesterday solo ranked healer matchs. 9k average. buff maras plox https://1drv.ms/t/s!AkugVt1vP6WWgq1h7gG2G6WJfccwQA

Edited by Seterade

No screen shots, no spec of that mysterious mara considering my personal experience when i saw maras doing low dps compared to sins it is hard to believe that fury mara can do 10k dps. Don't take me wrong i dont want mara to be god class. But it wasnt best in 5.x patch (merc and oper were) and now mara is even worse yet conc oper and drc sin are far away from all other specs. I was one of those who asked devs to help conc operative and dec sins because they needed some buffs to dps:

There's no question that sins and ops are the best two classes in pvp right now. But that doesn't mean maras are bad. I think snipers, sorcs, mercs and maras are all in a pretty balanced state to be honest. PTs are somewhat more survivable and have great dps. I'm not sure about dps juggs yet.

ok. parsing 14k on a sorc hlr. buff maras pls.

https://imgur.com/a/8hbpkbQ

and before you go "fluff number aoe and number farming" heres the parse log.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AkugVt1vP6WWgq1gU5y8WlO4g_2_bQ

Hatred sins posted some 20k+ dps ss from 5.0.

In 6.0 that's around 40k dps. So those numbers arent that impressive anymore, basically you have to divide by 2 to get the real dps from 5.0, which in this case is 7k or 7.5k.

7.5k dps from 5.0 I'd be mildly impressed if that was a carnage (pvp) parse, since it's a bit harder to do real dps on carnage compared to fury. As fury, that's not bad but it's not really jaw dropping considering how easy it is to do on other burst specs.

I'm not really aiming this at you per se, it's just an observation in case some people are confused about dps numbers.

Edited by RACATW

Hatred sins posted some 20k+ dps ss from 5.0.

In 6.0 that's around 40k dps. So those numbers arent that impressive anymore, basically you have to divide by 2 to get the real dps from 5.0, which in this case is 7k or 7.5k.

7.5k dps from 5.0 I'd be mildly impressed if that was a carnage (pvp) parse, since it's a bit harder to do real dps on carnage compared to fury. As fury, that's not bad but it's not really jaw dropping considering how easy it is to do on other burst specs.

I'm not really aiming this at you per se, it's just an observation in case some people are confused about dps numbers.

Dps numbers are very overrated, and it's not as simple as doubling it from 5.0-6.0. Certain classes have much better damage potential relative to their 5.0 selves than others, and obviously the particular tactical/set bonus you decide to use makes a huge difference. And it also matters whether you choose an aoe oriented tactical or not, and then whether you get into a situation where you can cleave hard.

Certainly raw dps is relevant sometimes, but now with increased customization, the context of the numbers matters more than ever.

Also, the hatred sins 20k thing was from a situation designed to maximize dps. To my recollection, tt was just 4 healers healing each other in a challenge arena while the sin literally freecasted on them the whole round.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Nah I'm not insulted, because this is the first time I've ever used mara for anything besides an alt and something different to play for an hour. I know I'm average at best, however omaan believe maras can't pull 10k while under fire in arenas. Edited by Seterade

Nah I'm not insulted, because this is the first time I've ever used mara for anything besides an alt and something different to play for an hour. I know I'm average at best, however omaan believe maras can't pull 10k while under fire in arenas.

I've done 13k DPS on my Anni marauder in SR in some healer games. No one said that the class cannot shine still.. but believe me that compared to opers and sins... maras are inferior so far in this meta. Whatever marauder does.. sins and oper do much better and as a mara main, I kinda believe there is no reason to play them in SR . :D

There are so many sins and opers in que that sometimes I feel totally dumb on my marauder. :D

I've had games yesterday where my team mates got ambushed by 2 stealths at the start of each game and they were dead in seconds. Merc still has epic defenses by they feel so irrelevant,

Opers and sins have massive burst and can finish off someone from stealth very fast. It is my experience that a team with more stealth classes played by decent players will kinda win against your mostly non stealth team. As you probably noticed class stacking is still here. :D

Snipers are also very strong, by I am really not worried so much about them as I am about operatives and assasins nuking my team. Of course the games vs this stealth army classes are winnable but it's not easy at all. I'ts going to be a fun season for sure.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

I've done 13k DPS on my Anni marauder in SR in some healer games. No one said that the class cannot shine still.. but believe me that compared to opers and sins... maras are inferior so far in this meta. Whatever marauder does.. sins and oper do much better and as a mara main, I kinda believe there is no reason to play them in SR . :D

This kind of reasoning just doesn't hold up. So what was the point of playing madness sorc the previous two seasons when there were mercs and snipers? Again, just because ops and sins are better doesn't mean mara is unplayable. Maras deserve no sympathy.

OP should try Hatred sin if he thinks Mara's are bad.

On Fury, I still can burst ppl to another planet.

Anni, pulled 12k in arena, top dps.

I dont play Carnage so I dont know how it performs.

With Vanish being reseted on Predation and being able yo swap tacticals out of combat, you've got many options on Mara, depending on situation.

I mean I gave you an entire combat log of 7-9k of dmg even under focus fire. but you keep thinking maras suck, I personaly think you just want it buffed back to fotm.

I just went through the log... LOL one of them was an 18k fight. oof

Maybe if your having trouble doing dps on mara? maybe stop using camo pred and start using autocrit obliterate with FP set bonus? might have a different exp

the difference between an autocrit obliterate vs a normal one is about crit 25k-37k, with 10% set bonus, crit 27-40k

yesterday solo ranked healer matchs. 9k average. buff maras plox https://1drv.ms/t/s!AkugVt1vP6WWgq1h7gG2G6WJfccwQA

I do with my oper 7-9k dps but with 61 k crits thx to veiled strike+vs tactical while off healing my team mates and not being worried to be killed which mara can't (esp with obliterate tactical). On my dec sin i do 10 k dps with 60-70 k hits with mauls under all stacks from set bonus while mezzing enemy sorcs stoping them from free casting with mind maze, leg slash and WW and guarding my jugg saving him from death which mara can't do again. I don't play sorc but sorc pulls nice dps numbers while off healing his team mates which mara again can't do.

ONce again asking - why play mara? Dps lower, no heal, no serious mezz, no guard and taunt. Literally useless

Edited by omaan

There are so many sins and opers in que that sometimes I feel totally dumb on my marauder. :D

Thing is, as long as they are not performing vastly better it's only fair other classes get to have some time experiencing success. I mean look how long sins been in the dumpster, lol.

Mara been sitting pretty on top for how long now, and they still pour decent damage out. I don't feel bad for marauders tbh. I just hope sins and opers are adjusted accordingly if they prove to be performing too high.

I do with my oper 7-9k dps but with 61 k crits thx to veiled strike+vs tactical while off healing my team mates and not being worried to be killed which mara can't (esp with obliterate tactical). On my dec sin i do 10 k dps with 60-70 k hits with mauls under all stacks from set bonus while mezzing enemy sorcs stoping them from free casting with mind maze, leg slash and WW and guarding my jugg saving him from death which mara can't do again. I don't play sorc but sorc pulls nice dps numbers while off healing his team mates which mara again can't do.

ONce again asking - why play mara? Dps lower, no heal, no serious mezz, no guard and taunt. Literally useless

because you want to. look in reality this game has always been a meta of sins and opers. do you realise that since the beginning if every one had played only "meta" game would have become all dec sins, con ops, op hlrs and sin tanks? the sin and op design has always been king in pvp. but there are options, and people dont like to play them 24/7

and lets not even talk about full stealth op groups skipping 90% of op mobs.

Edited by Seterade

Mara supposed to be most dps doing class since it has TWO sabers, no guard, no taunts and no heal abilities. Yet it does very small dps now. I swapped to play sin right when 6.0 came out because there is no sense playing mara now. Class is dead go play sin and oper

Exactly. 3% heal when we use a 3min DCD legendary uitility, but other than that no self heals. We have not taunt, easily controlled, and our burst/overall damage is rivaled if not topped by classes with far more utility. Carnage specifically needs some love.

OP should try Hatred sin if he thinks Mara's are bad.

On Fury, I still can burst ppl to another planet.

Anni, pulled 12k in arena, top dps.

I dont play Carnage so I dont know how it performs.

With Vanish being reseted on Predation and being able yo swap tacticals out of combat, you've got many options on Mara, depending on situation.

I did try hatred sin. I'd still say it's a better choice than a marauder / sentinel at present.

Although, it's DPS is only useful in certain situations, where you can dot spread and use your aoe on a stack.

So its more of an arena spec, and while im not sure it would stand up to deception as we're seeing it now, it's still quite fun imo.

Sentinels are conditional in arenas the same way.

As someone mentioned they can still shine, but you need your autocrits and and force clarity to be spot on to pull those kind of numbers. Against a spread out team, or against an opponent kiting, im doubtful it would parse as high.

Edited by sdom