POT5 OPEN WORLD PVP: Empire Invasion of Republic spaceport on Alderaan

Bakiyo

Huh? I only recorded it for the lulz it's not a brag post, I am nowhere near good enough to even be mentioned. I was just there for support. I'm personally working on my first toon who just hit 50 two days ago lol. Of course anyone could see it that way. Just showing that open world pvp does happen and it's pretty fun. As for posting it in general chat I figured that's where everyone post to share general things so why not?

There were actually 38 people with us at one time but I cut a lot out. There was a lot more video recorded and the process we went through just to get in was pretty cool imo. Taking down turrets, disabling droids. Walking in and tearing stuff down.

I'm glad some people took it for what it was. " A fun time" and not some serious PvP video demonstrating my amazing skills. Glad to have shared. And i apologize again for the bad quality my PC isn't the greatest.

Edited by Bakiyo

I see that angry Rep players have posted their hate comments.

Not surprising, isn't easy when you watch your own faction get owned.

As a pure Imperial I say well done, it is things like these that inspire the community. And I sure do love seeing Reps get all angry because they're Faction got owned, regardless of the level and person difference :D

these things are always kinda fun.

would have been more impressive if you attacked a harder target. but none the less. it's always fun to roll through an enemy spot. and just wipe the floor with people.

in my many years of WoW... some of my fondest memories were the open world fights between the factions at early vanilla between tarren mill/SS ...and once got in a battle for an obscure/useless tower the horde took outside of stormwind.

instanced PvP is always boring. it becomes a gimmick of known tactics. and then just another gear grind. the spontaneity, and randomness of open world PvP has always been where pvp shines. exploiting terrain/using numbers and element of surprise. the back and forth of a nice long fight.

in my opinion this is a key feature that really ought to be nutured in mmos. Swtor...is sorely lacking. so while owning a lvl 30 world. isn't that big of a deal. kudos on at least trying smething

Personally, i think it's awesome. Kudos for playing the game, not the bragging rights of being totally geared up. I think it would be fun, if you could invade Tython with a group of 50's. Maybe it would inspire people to level. Killing for the sake of killing gets boring, and the only reason i've seen for warzones, is for people to pretend like they are actually better than someone else. I have stopped playing warzones, because (1) they're boring, and (2) people have a bad tendency to look down on others, who may not be as good yet. Keep up the raids, and have fun! Ignore everyone that tries to put you down for enjoying an mmo.

Can't get the vid to open, so i'll speculate. First, this type of PvP doesn't bother me. I usually don't PvP because in short- it isn't my thing. This, on the other hand looks like fun. My question is: where are the Republic reinforcements? Hard to believe that people didn't roll off their alts unto their mains or send an alert to their guilds to come make the Imperials shoo! Were there any non-NPC Pubs there at all?

Glad to see this thread made the weekly roundup.

I did one of these on the PVP server for AUS - a LONG time ago. At first it was picking off some low levels, but then a horde of Republic players came in, ranging from level 25 and onwards to 50 - we had gotten one of our guys to log onto their Reps to give a shout out in their fleet station. We ended up getting cornered near the Smuggler spaceport entrance, the Reps took refuge in the center of the spaceport. After while though we just rushed each other and had a massive fight. It was HEAPS of fun. Hiding so the others couldn't see how many people we had. Yelling at the stupid Empire players we had to come back and to stop exposing themselves (we let that one die). After a VERY long time of waiting around and some battling back and forth we busted out and ran for it. Took so long, and truthfully I was sick of it by the end - but still, heaps of fun. Edited by Janith
Adding information

Things like this are usually only fun for the invaders, in which the defenders percieve the attackers as a brigade of [censored] mongers who got bored of basic PvP, and are making nuisances of themselves while people are just trying to get to their mission points.

Then again, it's an MMO, and you're of the enemy faction, so I'm already inclined to think you're an [censored]hole by default.