Major Game Content Ideas

Daethorz

I always seem to be thinking about things id love to see in the games that I play, especially MMO's, here is a couple things I gave alot of thought about.

Updated post 1.3, added Battlefront style warzone suggestion.

Valid Point to Save Swtor:

Great Suggestions: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4943910

Swoop Racing:

• PvE and PvP Battles, increase in ranks.
  • Fully Customizable Swoop's, Just like your ship, but with even More different parts, and with the ability to repaint your ship, add logos and such.
  • Multiple tracks on different planets, possibly add more with patches just like warzones, possibly get the community to do tons of daily's to unlock a new swoop track.
  • Gambling, Gamble and Watch other players in PvP Matches.

Equipment Examples: Give up a Turret for a Shield Emitter, or vise versa, parts would be like, Multiple Engines, Maneuverability Flaps, Shield Emitters, Mine Bays, Dust/Snow bays to blind a enemy, and turrets.

Kotor Swoop Racing:

Pazzak Mini-Game(Swtor's Blackjack)

• PvP and PvE Matches (Gain or Lose Credits)
  • Public Leaderboards, win/loss counts of the top players.

Kotor Pazzak Tutorial:

Dejarik Mini-Game(Swtor's Chess)

• PvP and PvE Matches (Gain or Lose Credits)
  • Public Leaderboards, win/loss counts of the top players.

PvP Space Battles & Ship Improvements

(All Separate Suggestions)

• Fly your ship during combat, no more autopilot.
  • Instead of getting a ship, buy your own ship from a list of ships, like mounts.
  • Personalize your ship by repainting both the inside and the outside.
  • Buy your own furniture and recolor it for inside the ship.
  • PvP Space Battles, 1v1, 2v2, and more.
  • PvE Space-Flashpoints, go to war on a enemy destroyer or a unidentified alien ship, could possibly add new spaceship gear.

Customize your Vehicles

• Re-Paint your Vehicles to fit you personally.
  • Cybertecs: Makes Engines & Maneuverability Upgrades
  • Artfice: Makes different color Crystals for Flame colors

Battlefront Style Warzone

Based on the space battles from the star wars Battlefront games.

• Sabotage the enemy team's ship
  • Fly smaller fighters into battle, destroy enemy ships & capital ship emplacements.
  • Pilot Capital Ship Turrets to shoot down enemy sabotage teams & bombard enemy ship
  • Slowly repair devices on your ship, such as turrets.

Battlefront Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFV58nF280Y

Hutt Pitt (Arena)

One major difference between this and WoW, do not base balancing on Arena, if people don't like how its going down, unless its major, ignore them, this would be a (MINI)-Game

• Fight other players in PvP Combat, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5
  • PvE mode where you solo or bring a few Friends to fight waves of enemy's, see how long you can last!
  • Gamble on other players fighting in the arena, you can't see their names or stats, just team colors.

Example (Skip to 3:20):

Non-Major Suggestions:

• Button to Hide Each Companion's Helm -Bioware confirmed
  • Signs to show which way class hangers are (When i was new this was anoying)
  • More Activity in planets, like more speeders flying around in Nar Shadda with a graphic ability's, to lessen the amount or increase the amount of flying objects.

All of this would add tons of fun stuff to do & people wouldn't get so bored so quickly, heck, id be playing right now instead of posting this.

Simple MMO Math: More Different Things to do = Content Lasts Longer and Stays Fun Longer

Edited by Daethorz

Right now there seems to be other things that Bioware needs to focus on (like ranked wzs and end game content), but you have some very good suggestions. In fact Bioware has already talked about including pazaak, and I remember the devs saying that they might make colour crystals work with mounts (different lighting) so some of these are spot on. While space combat is a fun minigame from time to time, SWTOR needs something more, and swoop racing would hit the spot. Right now there are no community building mini games and this would do just that.

I have been dying to customize my ship, and they could make some cool editions, like choosing a different ship droid or have your choice of star wars music playing in the background when you get on (I want to hear this sith opera that everyone talking about in game).

I have never though about hangar signs, but that makes total sense, would make spaceports more convenient to get around and they have all of the material in game already. I would suggest this in the weekly developers q&a.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Issue is until they add enough amusing content, people (like me) will get bored and have minimal reason to log in...

They could release a patch with swoop racing, well made, in it, and i would go out and buy more gametime almost immediately because i would know that i would need it, but right now i hold off untill the last second, because i get bored between patches with nothing to do, especially when it just adds a new queing system.

• 2 weeks later...

Great list of suggestions, more focused on mini-games/entertainment rather than end-game content - which is great.

At the moment the main flow of people are just hitting 50 then doing PvP/PvE to get their desired gear sets, and apart from that there isn't much else to do. I think most of your suggestions would make it pretty fun for people that don't want to get end-game gear or people that already have it. Would be better than idling in fleet all the time lol.

/signed

Great list of suggestions, more focused on mini-games/entertainment rather than end-game content - which is great.

At the moment the main flow of people are just hitting 50 then doing PvP/PvE to get their desired gear sets, and apart from that there isn't much else to do. I think most of your suggestions would make it pretty fun for people that don't want to get end-game gear or people that already have it. Would be better than idling in fleet all the time lol.

/signed

Well, i think that swoop racing would be a new form of endgame content allowing us to compete just like you would in lets say,, a rated warzone, we could upgrade, be better than everyone else, get on teams possibly and simply have fun.

Swtor reallys needs some of this stuff.. Its hard to say because of how much hatred i have about it.. but Swtor is just like WoW now.. people sitting around waiting for their ques doing nothing else...

This has been posted pre-launch in the suggestion forums with a mini games thread.

BW noticed, but they have their own development schedule. Not sure why they would hold up swoop racing and pazaak for so long... but they should get that out as soon as possible.

I believe based on a recent poll as any indication, that there was a vote for swoop racing and open world pvp or something like that... and once they are done developing those features based on that poll, it would seem that the next best thing is swoop racing.

Now the good thing is that the development that they plan for swoop racing is quite large as a feature and its on the list of recent new features, so I expect swoop racing by 2013 if that is a reasonable expectation. Which, for me, is still too long ways away, and really hope for something sooner or at least some assurance before the end of 2012 that swoop racing/pazaak/dejarik and holo chess among other mini games are being developed.

I can understand why they held them up, the features we have gotten and there currently refining take alot of work and intergration into the game more so then other features. The prioritys were accessibility and server population plus user interface whilst strutting up endgame whilst these features were being done.

Now the bulk of the access features are done the more light features can be sent down the pipe and added to the game. Swoop racing, pazzak and space we have a good idea have been being worked on for a while so its just a case of there prioritys they have set for what comes at what stage and how they are tied into specific patchs.

I would say the bulk of the heavy lifting is done and the next lot of realy heavy lifting will be an expantion as we know they have got alot of makeb, and hk sorted already and they are going to be putting a big patch to test on the pts as that is the only reason they fully shut down the pts. and i can really see momentum taking hold once the august date passes for rewards to people who xfered.

Edited by Shingara

I think they need to put their ENTIRE team behind two things Immediately after patch 1.4, which i hope is all of the E3 Content.

The Two Things:

1. Fix Space Combat, Remove the Auto-Pilot, fix or Replace all of the old missions with new ones for this.
  2. Swoop Racing, put their entire team behind it, make it good, make multiple tracks, make gear that actually has looks, i want to see pieces of gear as actually Being on the swoop, put in a engine, it literally now has a huge engine, etc.

Edited by Daethorz

While my priorities are not all the same as the OP I do think this game needs more fluff. I mean we get a load of fluff on the forums but we need some things which are not combat for in game.

We need fluff in general, this game has the same endgame as WoW, and most people find that unacceptable, which is why people are quitting in droves.

Sir your ideas are great, I'd love to be playing an MMO with said content implemented it'd definitely give the players base a variety of things to do at endgame instead of grinding out WZ's and dungeons.

[*]Button to Hide Each Companion's Helm -Bioware confirmed

[*]Signs to show which way class hangers are (When i was new this was anoying)

]

Has BW confirmed when this Companion's Helm thing will change?

Secondly, I'm not sure how the sign thing would work. You'd have to mouse over it, it wouldn't be in English. At that point it's almost as easy just to hit M to check your map.

Has BW confirmed when this Companion's Helm thing will change?

Secondly, I'm not sure how the sign thing would work. You'd have to mouse over it, it wouldn't be in English. At that point it's almost as easy just to hit M to check your map.

Yes there was actually a yellow dev post recently-ish stating they where working very hard on it.

The massive layoffs and silence could put that in question though.

The signs in my mind are simple, down in the hanger's area of Fleet it would have two signs on each side of a hanger, showing the class icon and a arrow.

:sy_consular: [ :sy_bountyhunter: ] :sy_target:

Edited by Daethorz