HK-51 Gear

Malkavier

He's droid sniper. He can use droid gear(aim) and sniper gear(cunning) with same effectiveness.

He actually uses weapons you give him(unlike other droids), and since it's sniper rifle and majority/all of those are cunning based, it just makes gearing him so much easier.

this actually makes him incredibly powerful becuase it way harder to hit the softcap never mind the hardcap on his stats. Also a little heads up,

HKs armour and weps etc auto lvl up if you unlock him on a fresh lvl 1 alt

Edited by Shingara

this actually makes him incredibly powerful becuase it way harder to hit the softcap never mind the hardcap on his stats. Also a little heads up,

cept they don't atm they'll always be lvl 50

Interesting, although I replaced those Cunning mods with better Aim based mods and still never hit soft cap. He has quite a bit of Accuracy as well, which I am going to eventually replace with Crit and Surge of course.

Correction: crit from stats is always soft capped.

~1900 main stat == ~12% crit == 0.0063% per point

~950 main stat == ~6.8% crit == 0.0071% per point

~0500 main stat == ~3.9% crit == 0.0078% per point

1900 of Aim will result in 12% crit, 950 of each will give 13.6%. For best performance, it's best to balance both stats. But then, it's only companion, you can minmax him, but what's the point?

Got him on my Operative to spice up Dailies a bit. Geared him with pvp mods/enhancements left over from min/maxing with WH main/offhand barrels etc. Stuffed in Aim armourings from the Dailies Vendor. Works a treat, Rakata Aim Earpiece and Implants from the same source. Great fun dps comp for the dailies, don't worry what conversation options you take as they don't affect him.

Having a blast, especially with his one shot kill \o/

The Auto level for HK-51's gear is broken at the moment, it doesn't work.

Correction: crit from stats is always soft capped.

~1900 main stat == ~12% crit == 0.0063% per point

~950 main stat == ~6.8% crit == 0.0071% per point

~0500 main stat == ~3.9% crit == 0.0078% per point

1900 of Aim will result in 12% crit, 950 of each will give 13.6%. For best performance, it's best to balance both stats. But then, it's only companion, you can minmax him, but what's the point?

Yes, and straight +Crit on the mods do it even better, so I just went Aim + Crit + Surge + Power.