The wait for others to reach 50

I suppose it verries from Server to server, but at the moment it feels like the game has sorta haulted at least for my main toon in terms of getting gear. While I'm hoping to do heroic Flashpoints, the LFG advertizement is for Esseles, and only Esseles.

I know I'm on an RP server, the Begeren Colony, but on average you'll get a lot of people who work towards max level. I was one of those people who pushed it, got myself to level 50 within the first two weeks of launch.

I just wish the game had itself a LFD finder ala Warcraft. Guess what, it worked for the game. People who played WoW, I hear saying that the system ruins the game... but here is the thing, if you are in the mood to do some progression on your main, most of your guild isn't past 40, and The Republic Fleet has about 1 other level 50; it would be nice to have an alternative option then spamming "LFG" for 4 hours with narry a response.

If we could que up with other servers at the same time, in order to get into Heroic Flashpoints, would make this much more streamline.Otherwise I'm in for more or less a month or two of waiting around. And don't give me that "you can always level up an alt in the meantime, that is what it's for" Yes I know, I am trying to anyway, but once they get to max level they will have the same problem.

Make friends, pug flashpoints and raids. Not difficult, that's what I'm doing.

Make friends and Pug Flashpoints. Brilliant IDEA! I guess joining a guild and trying to get to know people, Spamming LFG Heroic Flashpoints in whatever chat I could find, were nothing more then exercises in futility. I can assume less then 5% of my current server is at level 50, and arn't around for more then half the time I'm around. Great odds there finding a "pug".

We currently have 148 people in my guild including alts, and only 2 level 50 characters, myself included.

I'm just saying, if the server is the issue and people just have some fear of committing to a single character without restarting, it would be good to have a back up system to Flashpoint/gear up. Good looking gear, not that ugly Jedi Knight PvP gear they got going. Would be good for general low population servers as well.

We have about 8 50s in my guild, so we run HM FPs on a fairly regular basis now. (Actualy cleared False Emp HM with a buddies guild last night)

But yes, I agree. The biggest barrier to raiding right now for average to decent guilds seems to be recruiting enough 50s to fill a raid team.

I run with a static group of 4 and we clear every HM FP in around 3 hours on a daily basis. Having to gather up a bunch of random players every day to do flashpoints would make me want to kill myself especially without a dungeon finder in place.

WoW didn't implement that until around BC was released. Just wait.

Actualy it was more along the lines of WotLK, but I digress, the system in and of itself has existed for 3 years. MMOs are more or less a game of taking notes from their compeditors and doing things better or worse. This page may have been good to copy as well for their launch, or at least within the first few major patches.

I love people rushing to end game and then complaining that no one else is there with them 2 weeks after launch. I remember MMOs taking months to hit level cap, I'm 42 after 3 weeks of playing, and I certainly know I've been playing it waayyyy more then I should be.

The Dungeon Finder is a great idea, but that's not something that easy to implement. The logistics of it alone are a nightmare, let alone the actual coding to get people across servers together in the same place.

I'm on the fence about it myself... While it's a great idea and makes finding a group easier, it also kills my easiest method of recruiting people: Finding a PUG and recruiting the good players.

i'm level 34 and i've decided to make an alt to wait for people to level up more because i've been trying for a week now to get a group for Boarding Party.

it would appear there are more people from level 1-25 and 40-50 looking for flashpoints than the 30's range. it's strange.

so even though i'm not 50, i too must wait.

Edited by Kneemo

I suppose it verries from Server to server, but at the moment it feels like the game has sorta haulted at least for my main toon in terms of getting gear. While I'm hoping to do heroic Flashpoints, the LFG advertizement is for Esseles, and only Esseles.

I know I'm on an RP server, the Begeren Colony, but on average you'll get a lot of people who work towards max level. I was one of those people who pushed it, got myself to level 50 within the first two weeks of launch.

I just wish the game had itself a LFD finder ala Warcraft. Guess what, it worked for the game. People who played WoW, I hear saying that the system ruins the game... but here is the thing, if you are in the mood to do some progression on your main, most of your guild isn't past 40, and The Republic Fleet has about 1 other level 50; it would be nice to have an alternative option then spamming "LFG" for 4 hours with narry a response.

If we could que up with other servers at the same time, in order to get into Heroic Flashpoints, would make this much more streamline.Otherwise I'm in for more or less a month or two of waiting around. And don't give me that "you can always level up an alt in the meantime, that is what it's for" Yes I know, I am trying to anyway, but once they get to max level they will have the same problem.

why did you rush to level 50? is this your first mmorpg or something?

the exact same thing happens in every new mmorpg... people RACE LIKE HELL to max level and then complain because of the lack of content / nobody to group with...

the rest of the normal players who actually have lives, friends, family or all 3, are still enjoying the game at our own pace.