I refuse to tank HM False Emperor for you. Ever.

Every. Single. Time. He blows me off the ledge, and I am unable to enter the instance to receive loot or complete the quest do to this bug. I have missed out on loot I can use, and at this point I have come to the belief that it's impossible for a melee tank to complete without suiciding for the rest of the parties benefit.

Can we PLEASE get a fix on these heroics? There is NO reason we should EVER not be able to re-enter an instance. EVEN if it's completed. The only thing you need to do is program it so once it's completed, the area is deserted! Instead of making all these people (and I know I'm not the only one) miss out on hard earned loot. When there is this easy of a fix, I am very ticked that we haven't even gotten a 'we're looking into it'

Filed a bug report on the loot I missed out on, my friend received it in hopes they could transfer it over to me even though I don't get to complete the quest, but NO they completely give me a canned answer saying it's been forwarded to the team, and do nothing for my missing loot!

So there you have it.

No I will not tank HM False Emperor for you.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every. Single. Time. He blows me off the ledge, and I am unable to enter the instance to receive loot or complete the quest do to this bug. I have missed out on loot I can use, and at this point I have come to the belief that it's impossible for a melee tank to complete without suiciding for the rest of the parties benefit.

Can we PLEASE get a fix on these heroics? There is NO reason we should EVER not be able to re-enter an instance. EVEN if it's completed. The only thing you need to do is program it so once it's completed, the area is deserted! Instead of making all these people (and I know I'm not the only one) miss out on hard earned loot. When there is this easy of a fix, I am very ticked that we haven't even gotten a 'we're looking into it'

Filed a bug report on the loot I missed out on, my friend received it in hopes they could transfer it over to me even though I don't get to complete the quest, but NO they completely give me a canned answer saying it's been forwarded to the team, and do nothing for my missing loot!

So there you have it.

No I will not tank HM False Emperor for you.

you do know if you fight him on the stairs and put your back to the wall of the stairs you wont get knock off. Then when you got to push him off you move him there when he ready to be push off. that's how we always do it no one gets push off everyone lives.

also got to be quicker on the knock-backs :)

Edited by Crazyfire

At 10% he becomes invulnerable and must be shoved off a ledge.

kk?

Regardless of mechanics or play or anything else you guys want to say (qq noob) whatever. You should NOT be locked out of the instance if you die on the last boss and be unable to roll on loot or re-enter.

Edited by Nightfox_

kk?

yes we know that we never have a problem doing it don't know why you are

kk?

Regardless of mechanics or play or anything else you guys want to say (qq noob) whatever. You should NOT be locked out of the instance if you die on the last boss and be unable to roll on loot or re-enter.

don't re spawn until the boss is dead then the party doesn't loot the chest until you get back and you get to roll on the items

If you are knocked off a ledge, you cannot be rezzed.

If you die and go to med center, you are not allowed to enter the instance. Whatsoever.

that's weird got to be just this instance because i do it with all the other ones. Never had anyone get knock off before in this one so don't really know.

I've had it happen to me on Revan once a long while back, and it would not let me in then either. I didn't really care then though, because I wasn't trying for a piece of loot, I was just running it.

It's happened to my friend as well, being locked out during final boss and unable to loot, I don't know which one it happened to him on though. It is a common occurrence and needs to be fixed. No reason we should be locked out after combat has ended.

Doesn't even say anything either, it just reloads you to outside of the instance.

Edited by Nightfox_

it locks you out because the instance is "finished". Nothing more to kill so the game think it have no reason for you to go back.

I dont know why you are pushed by the boss in the end as he have no pushback, only the lighting attack. I always Force pull him to a ledge (dont need to be THAT close, just 3-6meters) and knock him after without a problem. Did this boss what.... 15-20 times already.

With grenades now its much more easy.

Edited by Sterrius

it locks you out because the instance is "finished". Nothing more to kill so the game think it have no reason for you to go back.

I dont know why you are pushed by the boss in the end as he have no pushback, only the lighting attack. I always Force pull him to a ledge (dont need to be THAT close, just 3-6meters) and knock him after without a problem. Did this boss what.... 15-20 times already.

With grenades now its much more easy.

What?

Yes... yes he does.

Edited by Nightfox_

What?

Yes... yes he does.

he has no pushback at the point you are supposed to knock him off. During the regular part of the fight he does. L2Tank and put your back on a wall, then move him out when it's time to throw him off. It takes him a few seconds to move, but he will eventually.

Edited by Mynden

he has no pushback at the point you are supposed to knock him off. During the regular part of the fight he does. L2Tank and put your back on a wall, then move him out when it's time to throw him off. It takes him a few seconds to move, but he will eventually.

I know how to tank, thank you. Clearly I have been able to avoid his knockbacks with the wall up until 10% so thank you again for that stunning observation. My issue was getting him close enough to the ledge before he starts chain casting force lightning and doesn't move.

The main issue ?

at this point I have come to the belief that it's impossible for a melee tank to complete without suiciding for the rest of the parties benefit.

I understand it is frustrating that you are locked out and can't get loot, but it is your own fault. Failure = No reward. It is probably not the reason why Bioware designed it as such, but it is perfectly fine and does not need to change.

Edited by Trineda
removed inflammatory quote

ok P1 u all know, tank him on the steps...

P2, at 17% move back over to the bridge, last pillar on the right u have a little lip running the lenght of the pillar in the middle of it, run into that lip, turn around and continue tanking, if you are in the lip of the pillar correctly you will not be pushed off, then just continue tanking him there untill one of the others pushes him off.

job done.

Mechanics require you to kite him to the ledge to blow him off in hardmode once he reaches 10%

Has nothing to do with my skill.

Yeah im afraid it does, been tanking since forever and its never been an issue. If you know he knocks back why stand with your back to a void? i always ensure if i do get blasted backward that ill bang into something solid (preferable, saves me running back) or a long open space which has a solid at the end of it so even if i do go all the way back i still cant fall. You just fail, thats all it comes down to. Bored of people whining about how hard it is to tank simple stuff, just fail less.

OP could be the worst tank ever but lets look at the issue at hand.

The issue here is if you get knocked kicked into the bottom and the rest of your team finish the Malgus fight, you don't get loot.

It doesn't matter who you are, you get knocked to the bottom = no loot.

This is possibly the worst design error and it occurs not just in False Emperor but its especially bad in FE since you cannot rez whoever died.

Once you kill the final boss, you should not be locked out of the flashpoint.

One of my lessons was a hardmode directive 7 run. On the last boss fight, we all died except for the tank. The tank couldn't rez as he was still in combat for some weird reason. Since we couldn't re-enter the flashpoint, we had to release back to medcenter and were all locked out of the flashpoint as the boss was killed. The three of us were unable to receive loot while the tank got a Columi pants he couldn't use...

It doesn't matter who you are or how bad you are. Fact is, most of us are after the Columi token the last boss drops. Wasting an entire run and a day's lockout due to poor design is terrible and is something that definitely need to be fixed.

You can call others terrible as much as you want but one day you will be in the same boat if this is not fixed.

Edited by Iwipe

This is possibly the worst design error and it occurs not just in False Emperor but its especially bad in FE since you cannot rez whoever died.

This so true. I lost loot at Directive 7 and we had to play through the bugs for about 2 hours (boss cloning your mates? have to do it with 3 instead of 4).

Solution:

1. Rez option for end fight

2. Rez in flashpoint (no level loading, yay)

Regardless of what you think about the OP's tanking abilities, he has brought up a valid point. That half of you high-fiving chuckle-heads choose to miss the whole point is telling, and seriously calls into doubt your ability to problem solve.

+1 to OP, it's an issue and needs to be looked at.