Bring back Scoundrel UpperHand proc laugh

Thexremstar

Good news everyone! Upper Hand and Tactical Advantage proc laugh/giggle is coming back in 2.0! Your Scoundrel or Operative will now chuckle most heartily when they gain their first UP/TA when they previously had zero. Before we took it out completely the sound was playing every time you gained an UP/TA and was really spamming everyone with their infectious chortles. I really miss the giggle so I’m glad we are bringing it back, hope yall enjoy it as well! :jawa_biggrin:

Cheers!

THANK YOU!!!

Can we have the old Quick Shot sound back too? The new one sounds like a whimper, and the old one was bang.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's an audible cue when uh procs. it would normally come before a killing blow...unless you die to blaster whip?

anyway, I'm pretty happy with the answer. it only makes the audio when the proc actually means something. quick response too. I think maybe they're only allowed to comment on "good news"?

You also proc an UH every time you kill someone.

Thank You but NO!!

So i'm gonna giggle only when 1st TA is gained?? and then nothing??? So how do i keep track of the rest of TAs?!

Leave it as it is i dont care, but keep the sound same any time i gain TA. It's like i have too little things to watch as OP?? So i'll watch for one more...?

- or do i understand that you remove sound for TA exept the 1st one?

when UH procs twice before being consumed, you only giggle once. as opposed to the past where there would be 2 separate giggles. thus, the second giggle only served to annoy everyone around you (if not you yourself).

edit: I only really noticed this on healers in 1.1. the melee didn't bother me so much. but then...I died quicker back then. ;)

Edited by foxmob

Okay, but will the sound play on the clients of nearby players? It is pretty infuriating being killed by an operative who surprises you from stealth, and then get laughed at when he gets the killing blow.

Otherwise, I want my Guardian to play a laugh sound when he gets killing blows too.

THIS!!!

If it is a killing blow. I WANT A LAUGH. I don't care if I have 0,1,2, 99 stacks of TA. I want a laugh.

**** am I dreaming? Not only did someone make a thread about this (I could kiss you) but a dev responded and said the giggle is returning in 2.0?!

I can't tell you how furious I was when the giggle was taken out, but those damn overpowered pyros got to keep THEIR giggle! Now we have a beacon of hope, or something like that. :rolleyes:

the bh laugh is like 3 or 4 times less frequent though. that said, make them all disable-able on the client side.

Ya the BH one is not as bad and i understand it did used to annoy people, but it was so out of character to have a BH laugh. It made sense for scoundrels. I would agree though it should have been changed to be something that each person could turn off individually or make it such that only the player can hear it.

Still I'm excited to have my scoundrel laugh. Its a small victory for our beaten down class, but any victory feels good.

As someone who LOVED the giggle.

This really isn't it. I mean this basically means you'll giggle once, informing you of nothing you didn't know already at the beginning of a fight.

i.e Not at all what the damn thing was for in the first place.

Assuming of course I'm reading this correctly as only going from no TA's to 1TA will produce a chuckle.

This doesn't fix the issue of the current proc notifier sound being bad, hard to hear in a fight and also exactly the same as tech pull. Secondly why do we want two *different* sounds for the same thing but with a conditional? That is beyond redundant.

It's nice that they're responding but this feels almost patronizing. One giggle per fight and then any that go off after are nothing more than reminders of my failure to keep up stacks? Not only is that a waste of sound file but now my toon is laughing at ME not the enemy.

Edited by CaptainApop

Sigh... This coming from a very experienced scoundrel healer, it really isn't that hard to keep track of your upper hands, as it still makes a noise when procced... It may not be a laugh, but it is still an obvious noise...

What I want to know is if after the laugh, will it still make the same noise as it does right now to let me know that UH has procced again. If that is not the case, then I'd rather have them keep it the way it is right now.

Sigh... This coming from a very experienced scoundrel healer, it really isn't that hard to keep track of your upper hands, as it still makes a noise when procced... It may not be a laugh, but it is still an obvious noise...

What I want to know is if after the laugh, will it still make the same noise as it does right now to let me know that UH has procced again. If that is not the case, then I'd rather have them keep it the way it is right now.

They should introduce it as a couple of options: laugh, "whoosh", laugh-then-"whoosh" or nothing.

Also, either make it so only the client with the laugher/whoosher can hear the laugh/whoosh or that other clients can disable the option to hear the laugh/whoosh.

I have been lurking the forums since they were created, I just never had the opportunity to post until now... I'm sure I will regret the decision at some point :mon_tongue:

Just kidding! I'm looking forward to responding to as many topics as I am able to but I cannot guarantee any type of quota for me or my fellow devs of course. I know its not as satisfying/comforting as having a golden yellow response but trust that we are lurking, reading and noting suggestions even if we don't give the thread a response.

Keep up the discussions! Cheers!

That is good, i really hope operative dps gets adressed, without aoe fight based bosses to fluff our numbers, guild s just don't want us atm, any other class, (except jugger perhaps) can pull off what we can and far more, it's my favorite class, and will make me keep playing for now,. despite the neglect and the casual manner ops groups laugh in our face and turn us around, that being said, I doubt i will play far into the xpac if it launches without some sort of concealment sustainability buff at the very least, to be clear, im not asking for over the top stuff, we don't need to be tied for 2nd or 3rd, or anything, we just want to be more competitive, now to be on topic, I am stoked the laugh is coming back

Edited by HollowVamp

They should introduce it as a couple of options: laugh, "whoosh", laugh-then-"whoosh" or nothing.

Honestly what they could do is only have the laugh to signal procs and not the sub-30% probe (We know if that one is coming back without a cue really). For the record we never laughed from KB's or from shiv/hidden strike.

PT proc has a 6s internal cooldown. Apparently it doesn't cause angst and dead puppies

Op/Scoundrel one has a 10s internal cooldown/9s for the healer one. Supposedly it does.

So, I guess it was removed as people trying to kill scoundrel healers were being frustrated by the insane giggling. Frankly I thought that was the best part. In fact that's probably one of the bits this returned giggle would still do, as fleeing healers are generally self healing with their one remaining TA until they proc a second.

Then again, since they removed it they also bumped up the range on most execute abilities to 30% (same as probe). There really isn't as much sub-30% probe spammage as there was back when the giggle was removed, to say nothing of the much larger burst in pvp. I don't think it would cause nearly as much "sound fatigue" as it did 1.0-1.2 if it just came back in full.

Then there is of course the client-side only option too but I think they really don't *want* to do that for some reasons.

Edited by CaptainApop

It would be nice if it were an option we could enable or disable. An operative gets TA constantly so I'll just be running around laughing at the soldiers I'm healing, I don't want my military genius operative sounding like a kid watching cartoons.

Good news everyone! Upper Hand and Tactical Advantage proc laugh/giggle is coming back in 2.0! Your Scoundrel or Operative will now chuckle most heartily when they gain their first UP/TA when they previously had zero. Before we took it out completely the sound was playing every time you gained an UP/TA and was really spamming everyone with their infectious chortles. I really miss the giggle so I’m glad we are bringing it back, hope yall enjoy it as well! :jawa_biggrin:

Cheers!

As glad as I am to have this back, the way you are describing will not be useful to me. Given optimally you want to maintain at least one UH/TA at all times for the damage/heal bonus, what we want is the chuckle on TA for every UH/TA when previously you had zero /or/ one. That way we know when we have a free heal to use/etc without having to look at our buff bar.

Doing it just on the first is fun and all as a purely cosmetic thing but not at all useful as a feedback item during actual use.

As glad as I am to have this back, the way you are describing will not be useful to me. Given optimally you want to maintain at least one UH/TA at all times for the damage/heal bonus, what we want is the chuckle on TA for every UH/TA when previously you had zero /or/ one. That way we know when we have a free heal to use/etc without having to look at our buff bar.

Doing it just on the first is fun and all as a purely cosmetic thing but not at all useful as a feedback item during actual use.

Completely agree.

Also, dps scoundrels/operatives will need to make sure they have no UH/TA stacks when they kill someone so they can laugh at other players as they get the killing blow.

Cheers!

This just made my day. Time to blow the dust of my good ol' operative (when 2.0 hits). I don't care if you nerf them further to the ground, I'm glad I have my chuckle back.

I agree with this and I agree with people having the option of turning it off, and I would like to only hear my own laughs. This includes when playing other classes where I want to only hear my procs.

Next step : give Guardians' Zen Strike a more noticable sound which begins at the same time of the proc, not a near non-audible sound which begins 1-2s after like now.

To add insult to injury, I'm pretty sure Juggs get a cool laugh for this proc, instead of the Guardian's "Hummph!"

To add insult to injury, I'm pretty sure Juggs get a cool laugh for this proc, instead of the Guardian's "Hummph!"

Yes, a very good one, which not only perfectly fits the voice, but which gives a sadist feel, which is really sithy.

Edited by Altheran