Raise valor req. For ranked!!!

VaceDemon

Forget 8 vs 8 ranked please as fast as possible.. It didn't work and it will never work. There isn't enough population to support it and who the hell would stay in the match if it's a loss for the other team ? Ragequits would kill it in an instant.. because nobody will stay for 13 mins in a match just to lose the game.

If 4vs4 is toxic how trash would 8 vs 8 be ?

Yes 4vs4 is a joke... but at the moment it's the only thing viable for the current state of game.

You want skill vs skill ? 1 vs 1 ranked would be the only choice for that but it would eliminate healers.... so that isn't an option too.

Enjoy 4vs4.. dont' care for the rating, farm enough components to buy the rewards and move on to the next season. This is what you should do. Play for the sake of playing.. not for the sake for a stupid elo number that the next guy will get by cheating.

I won't ever forget 8 v 8, it was a far superior form of Ranked over 4 v 4. I wish they'd actually get rid of 4 v 4 and bring back 8 v 8. But I know that will never happen.

You didn't read why 8 v 8 wasn't as successful as 4 v 4. If they had given 8s the same queue options as 4s has, then it would have been much more successful and I would say even more successful than 4s.

Bioware made multiple mistakes with 8s and never tried to fix it to make it successful. 1. They only ever had preseason and it was extremely long. 2. They only ever had preformed teams for 8s ranked and no solo queue.

They knew this was a problem because they added a solo queue for 4s and then started seasons. Team 4s has no where near the same participation as solo and I think even less participation than team 8s used to have. Lots of people who played 8s left because they got sick of waiting for a season to start. At the beginning, 8s was really popular with the pvp guilds, but competive people are only going to stick around for competitive pvp if there is a competition season.

All Bioware needed to do was start a season and add another queue for 8s and it would have had the participation they wanted.

They could still get it to work now, but only if they merge servers.

Edited by Totemdancer

Enjoy 4vs4.. dont' care for the rating, farm enough components to buy the rewards and move on to the next season. This is what you should do. Play for the sake of playing.. not for the sake for a stupid elo number that the next guy will get by cheating.

This is what I do. I've noticed most toxic rank players are the ones that treat every game like its the super bowl, and cannot tolerate any error from anyone, not even from themselves. That is not a game problem, that is a person problem.

Rank is fun if you just play to do your best and let the number land where it may - don't stress about grinding it, just play to your content and whatever it is - it is. It's a video game. Once you close the game, it all goes away. No one in real life cares. Don't stress.

Edited by DenariusJay

Yes...yes. Valor 100, 248 gear rating, active subscriber, what else...what else...must of obtained T1 in a previous season...also a 5 minute pre parse to make sure you know your rotation and can meet dps/hps checks...and...3 forms of identity so BW can report u to the FBI if you troll.

Seriously...it's yolos. It's the only active form of ranked pvp that barely pops outside of 2 servers. Let's totally gateway it out so it doesnt pop at all and we can play odessen proving ground every other match. Good thinking.

Yes...yes. Valor 100, 248 gear rating, active subscriber, what else...what else...must of obtained T1 in a previous season...also a 5 minute pre parse to make sure you know your rotation and can meet dps/hps checks...and...3 forms of identity so BW can report u to the FBI if you troll.

I second this motion! ^^^^^^^^

valor means nothing.

its not a fix

bads are bad, everyday, every toon

Blame Bioware for driving 99% of the competitive pvpers from the game. Plus making it easier to gear in Ranked than in regs. Then adding no gate to entering Ranked and you have a trifecta of reasons that come together to make the issue 100x worse than it needs to be.

While upping Valor isn't a fix by itself, it could be added to a few other things to add a gate to Ranked,

* up Valor to above lvl 70

* make it slightly easier or exactly the same to gear in regs

* most importantly, address all or at least some of the reasons pvpers have left the game to hopefully lure some back to the game (there aheaps of reasons, so this would be a big task)

* add a gear gate requirement to Ranked

Personally I think Ranked is well and truely dead isn't this game. Bioware have been systematically destroying it since they remove 8s. This year has put the nail in the coffin as far as quality goes.

If I was Bioware, I would just remove the idea of Ranked and rename it arena queues. Then I would add the rewards to both 8s and 4s. The rewards would be handled with a type of currency.

People could then have three options to queue.

1. Queue 4s

2. Queue 8s

3. Combined queue that pops you into the first available match.

Edited by Totemdancer

25 is way too low. Too many trolls, hackers, throwers, win traders, etc. and a 10 min deserter debuff pls. Valor should be 60-70. 25 is just a joke.

OK, I'm going to change my opinion on this. What they really need, like some of you suggested, is an item level req. Ranked on Harb has become such a damn joke. Too many 3vs 4 due to leavers, kids meaning to que regs but hit the ranked button instead because it's too close together, People doing ranked just for the weekly as fresh 70s. This one sorc last night had green 228s with 114k hp. of course he had no clue and got globalled every time. This wont stop the trolls but it will stop the kids queing by accident with no gear.