Stuck at level 38 with no quests.

Animeprime

I think I've messed up a bit while leveling. Right now I'm level 38 and just finished up all the quests on Hoth. I wanted to move to Belsaris, but when I get there everything is level 42 to 44 and quests are red. I didn't start doing bonus quests until Tatooene because I ran into something of a similar problem. I also haven't been doing the heroics or flashpoints since I can't seem to get a group for them. Do I need to go back to Hoth and grind on mobs for a while until I'm around level forty? I've looked at some leveling guides but I've already done the bonus quests on most of the other planets like Taris.

I've looked at some leveling guides but I've already done the bonus quests on most of the other planets like Taris.

I believe the Nar Shada bonus series is close to your level range. There should be someone on the fleet or in the Nar Shada space port with a bread crumb quest. Not all of the bonus series are available when you complete the planet.

You can also do space missions or PvP. Unfortunately, space missions at your level are not ideal for leveling. PvP might be good. Flashpoints are also a good alternative.

Edited by Knewt

The NarShaddaa bonus series might still have some green quests for you. The quests are level 32 I think. Pick up the chain near the hangar bay.

The Alderaann bonus series should be done just before Belsavis. The chain starts back on the fleet near the PvP vendors.

Doing those and the other side quests in the area should get you about 2-3 levels.

Edited by aarka

The NarShaddaa bonus series might still have some green quests for you. The quests are level 32 I think. Pick up the chain near the hangar bay.

The Alderaann bonus series should be done before Belsavis. The chain starts back on the fleet near the PvP vendors.

Doing those and the other side quests in the area should get you about 2-3 levels.

There's an Alderaan bonus series?

For some reason HOTH doesn't give much XP. There's even another thread about it. I started HOTH close to or at level 39 and finished it at level 41 so like you, but not as bad, I was underleveled for Belsavis and frankly Belsavis is a tough planet.

Now to go from level 38 to level 42 is going to take you some time but you definitely want to do War Zones and maybe some space missions as well. As someone mentioned if you haven't done the Nar Shaddaa Bonus series that would be some good xp for you.

There's even a romantic option there. :)

Edited by JerokTalram

I think I've messed up a bit while leveling. Right now I'm level 38 and just finished up all the quests on Hoth.

Yeah when I first went to Belsavis I was 41 and felt underleveled. Do some PvP to be a level or two ahead, as higher levels reduce your aggro range.

I ran into this with my sith but not my operative. The only thing I can think of is my operative did space here and there through the leveling process, and my sith did none. Both did the all normal quests and bounus series where available, and few flashes, and the heroic 2's that are soloable. (Is that a word?) At the end of tha day, the operative went to Belsavis on level, and the sith was a level behind the curve (39). Got her to 40 doing space but still feels under powered. However the operative arrived a level 42. I think that space was meant to be part of the leveling plan.

I ran into this with my sith but not my operative. The only thing I can think of is my operative did space here and there through the leveling process, and my sith did none. Both did the all normal quests and bounus series where available, and few flashes, and the heroic 2's that are soloable. (Is that a word?) At the end of tha day, the operative went to Belsavis on level, and the sith was a level behind the curve (39). Got her to 40 doing space but still feels under powered. However the operative arrived a level 42. I think that space was meant to be part of the leveling plan.

I actually had the opposite experience with my Operative such that I ended up finishing my story at 46, and finished leveling to 50 over a couple days doing Belsavis and Ilum quests and dailies.

The reason I believe is I almost never did a bonus quest (kill 25 whatevers) and used stealth to complete objectives as much as possible.

But having leveled several characters now, it does seem once you hit the mid 30s (Taris for Empire), you'll need to make sure to do some combination of bonus quests, bonus series, flashpoints, pvp, space and heroics.

Unless you hit the late 30s already over leveled, it seems just questing along with your story will leave you under-leveled in the 40s.

Probably has to do with your class choice. I leveled to 50 as a Shadow Jedi Counselor and found myself at level if not under level later in the leveling process because I could stealth my way to the objectives. I'm currently leveling a Sage Jedi Counselor and am clearly 3 levels ahead of the content that I was at or below level on my Shadow. Difference in the two is one you have to clear your way to objectives, the other one you don't. Has a major impact on your overall XP gain.

Just get into the habit of killing everything around you and you will never run into an XP problem again.

Do Warzone PVP.

You level fast. No damage to gear, so no repair cost.

You get commendation easily. Start changing lvl40 gear. Once you hit lvl40, those gear are good to bring you up to lvl45.

Guardian and trooper gear are very nice.

It is also worth mentioning that you may not be seeing new quests because your quest log is full.

Make sure you don't have a full log, and re-check the areas you were last questing in to see if there are any new quests that would not have otherwise showed up.

• 1 month later...
I can't get the quest from house Thull the others mentioned but I did get 2 lvl 40 quests from two doctors at Outpost Eudor Thranta, "Exterminator". and "Blood Boil". The outpost is the top right of the global map. Hope this helps others.

• 5 months later...