[PETITION] A request to know the exact details of 2.4, the "PVP patch"

TheGreatFrosty

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the reason they haven't said anything:

a) Assumption: They finally figured out how to make cross-realm ranked warzones work; and

b) Fact: They've announced Character Transfers are coming soon.

Theory: If they release info that cross realm ranked is coming, they will make much less money on server transfers, since most of the expected transfers seem to be from PvP'ers looking for a better place to PvP.

And if, by the way, this turns out to be the case, I WILL unsubscribe due to the blatant money grab tactic. I don't mind incompetence here and there on their part, but disingenuous thievery is where I draw the line.

Edited by YanksfanJP

a) Assumption: They finally figured out how to make cross-realm ranked warzones work; and

Theory: If they release info that cross realm ranked is coming, they will make much less money on server transfers, since most of the expected transfers seem to be from PvP'ers looking for a better place to PvP.

And if, by the way, this turns out to be the case, I WILL unsubscribe due to the blatant money grab tactic. I don't mind incompetence here and there on their part, but disingenuous thievery is where I draw the line.

A would be the only thing that would actually warrant being in the "pvp patch", character transfers is not something that's exclusive to pvp players only, so even if it IS in the pvp patch, it shouldn't be something that would make the devs /rubhands together lol. At least I hope not.

A would be the only thing that would actually warrant being in the "pvp patch", character transfers is not something that's exclusive to pvp players only, so even if it IS in the pvp patch, it shouldn't be something that would make the devs /rubhands together lol. At least I hope not.

My post completely flew over your head. You missed the point totally.

The point is that they originally were going to introduce both features at the same time, but then they realized that they could make more money by introducing the transfers first, wait a few months, and then do cross realm after that, because people would be MUCH less likely to transfer if cross realm is implemented.

Guys Guys Guys.... lets not get ahead of ourselves. First of all, why are you asking for a dev/CS/HR/whatever to post something on these forums? If you haven't noticed, they only time they post on the PvP forums is when its a useless dead end thread, need to close something inappropriate, or respond so ambiguously that it causes more damage than heals. If you want to pry a response from these guys you need to go to their houses and create human barricades in their drive ways while singing kumbaya.

In addition, don't you guys remember 1.2? (first response in this thread summed it up well). Last time they gave us detailed information on their "plans" they only demonstrated how bad they are at following through with them. If you don't want to be disappointing with what ever cut-rate feature comes out, leave it to be a surprise.

Finally, as demonstrated with the majority of their patches, if we want any sort of attention WRT a new patch w/ pvp content, we need to petition for the feature to be on the cartel market. If we can get them to make some sort of PvP package/patch/whatever that can be bought for 9999 cartel coins, I bet they will implement it mighty quick.

until then we just gotta hashtag dealwithit :rak_03:

It would be nice to know, but it really doesn't matter any more. Even if they said something it would be half a year, or almost that long, until we see anything.

It will then go to PTS and people will give copious amounts of feedback that will ALL get ignored and it will all get released as is, because one or a few devs think they're the smartest thing ever put on earth and stubbornly refuse to listen to any feedback from players. Doubt this? Take a look at every patch until now, it's all the proof we need -- the track record is pretty muddy, doubt anything will change unless they change some team members.

I made a post about this in the general section. They really need to address cross server before 2.2.

2.4 will most likely be rated season 1 and it will more then likely include cross server queues. If I end up spending a lot of money on server transfers to go to a PvP server, then they open up x-server a few months later I will not be a happy Jedi.

Hobi

Jedi Covenant

Prime Defense

This thread is pointless. It would be foolish for Bioware to release details for a patch that is still undergoing changes and revisions.

we are 6 months past the last pvp update, you can't tell me that their pvp team has nothing to show for those 6 months. well, you can't tell me that and that they would be still employed - that or i got my degree in the wrong field.