Flashpoint Drops?

So, A friend and I ran the Black Talon flashpoint a few times looking for new gear before we landed on Dromund Kaas.

Other than the boss drops, and maybe 4-5 credit-only drops from the Elite mobs, we didn't have a single drop. No random greens, no credits from anything other than Elites.

Is this intended, or were we just really unlucky? I'm not willing to rule out unlucky, since we managed to get the same drop from 2 of the 4 bosses all 3 times, but it seems odd that nothing below the rank of an Elite dropped a single thing during 3 runthroughs.

Ok, hopped onto a higher level character and did some solo runs of BT to test this out.

Yes, this could still just be bad RNG, or possibly there's a scaling to drops with level, but I'm not sure that's likely.

Champions dropped about 175 credits, their Blue/Orange loot, and have a chance for a random green.

Elites dropped about 35 credits, and I never once received a gear drop.

Strongs dropped nothing.

Standards dropped nothing.

Chests (There are 4 that I have found) dropped a variable amount of credits (128-356), and seem to always have either a white or green piece of gear.

So, no drops from standards, no drops from strongs, and only a minuscule amount of credits from elites. Are the poor drops in here the result of unlucky RNG, a bug, or a deliberate attempt to prevent farming lower-level flashpoints for gear to RE/sell?

I've done solo runs of BT and only seem to get drops from bosses and greens from chest, however during one run with another guy 2 rare blue items, SI gloves and boots respectively dropped from normal mobs. So it is possible its just very very low drop rate.