Dat jump.

Tachenko_Yuri

HAHA. Possibly the most ridiculous and sickening thing I've ever heard from a developer. We'll work on getting a problem written down on a list somewhere. Do you know how utterly ridiculous that sounds?

Possibly just a "typo" error on eric's part. The way I INTERPRET it, they are going to put this on the list of things to fix.

Edited by paowee

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. A dev takes the time to regularly respond to the major threads and even this one, and you guys are hitting him for telling you the issue is being addressed? Kinda a douchebag move, don't you think?

Not addressed, but added to text list... :D:rolleyes:

Hey guys,

There is a bug where when you jump, your character does their jump animation as if they had their weapon drawn even if it isn't. This is a bug and we will work on getting it placed on the known issues list.

-eric

I think it was just poor wording. I don't think he is saying it will take work to get it put on the list, but that now that it has been brought to his attention, he will put it on the list.

While I'd like to jump on the band wagon, I need to agree with this. Eric was just letting you know he'd get it on the list of known issues, not that they really needed to "work" on getting it added, just that it's not on the list now, but he would get it on it.

Not addressed, but added to text list... :D:rolleyes:

That's called... being addressed! It's not being ignored, therefor it's being addressed. I actually chose my words carefully, because apparently anyone who doesn't should be treated like a tool regardless of the fact they were bringing good news.

The sad part is you're so gleeful about it. "Oh yay, I finally caught something where Bioware slipped up! Let's celebrate our imaginary advantage and act like the dev team is somehow inferior!". Give me a break. Better yet, give them a break. They don't bear half the malice you do.

HAHA. Possibly the most ridiculous and sickening thing I've ever heard from a developer. We'll work on getting a problem written down on a list somewhere. Do you know how utterly ridiculous that sounds?

Are you aware how utterly ridiculous you sound? Sickening? Are you for real?

People with low self-esteem tend to find flaws (even minor and irrelevant flaws) about other people or tings. (As fx i wrote things without the H, which people then would have nagged and being grade A english teachers about) It's a quite normal reaction for people who needs to feel they are something, and get a false sense of success and superiority, because they lack it in real life.

Hey guys,

There is a bug where when you jump, your character does their jump animation as if they had their weapon drawn even if it isn't. This is a bug and we will work on getting it placed on the known issues list.

-eric

You know eric, maybe you should just stop talking, and let someone else post. Every damn day you have to come and say 'sorry, my bad, we didnt proof read the last message well enough'' or '' we need to explain that better'' or ''there were some communication issues between teams''. Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

You know eric, maybe you should just stop talking, and let someone else post. Every damn day you have to come and say 'sorry, my bad, we didnt proof read the last message well enough'' or '' we need to explain that better'' or ''there were some communication issues between teams''. Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

Are you serious? I'd rather have Eric come back and correct himself FIFTY times a day if it means we have communication...are you so quick to forget what it was like BEFORE Eric?! Dude, we'd get an update a WEEK.

It's a reply meant to let you know they are aware of it, nothing more. I'm sure it sucks, but they'll fix it. Calm down please.

Are you serious? I'd rather have Eric come back and correct himself FIFTY times a day if it means we have communication...are you so quick to forget what it was like BEFORE Eric?! Dude, we'd get an update a WEEK.

It's a reply meant to let you know they are aware of it, nothing more. I'm sure it sucks, but they'll fix it. Calm down please.

Yes I'm serious. I want someone or eric to post as much as they AND proof read what they type, AND make sure what type is what is actually is going to happen or likely to happen. That shouldn't be so hard.

Ignore these meanies eric. Poor wording or what not, like dude, whatever LOL. Move on and play. I'm pretty sure they'll survive 40 more years from now when they get old and wrinkly and think, man maybe i could have been less of an internet forum whining dbag. Oh the regrets and poor choices i made!!11 Edited by paowee

Instead of fixing the new Jump Bug, how about you give us a jump that does not make us look like happy children jumping for glee when we jump. Something that looks more like a human would look if we were actually jumping. The jump animation before the bug was horrible...made us look completely stupid...big bad sith jumps for glee...come on?

Yes I'm serious. I want someone or eric to post as much as they AND proof read what they type, AND make sure what type is what is actually is going to happen or likely to happen. That shouldn't be so hard.

I envy you. If this is really something that you get THIS worked up about, your life must be all sunshine, rainbows and unicorns. You're very lucky to have this as your biggest issue of the day :)

I don't really give a flying crap about the bug. Thats not the issue. The issue is the lack of professionalism that Bioware seems to flaunt around the forums. Content pushed back? No worries, that was simply forgotten to be posted. (Granted one could assume it was gonna be pushed back due to a holiday). Typo's galore, and now this. For a company that considers itself "professional" in the production of games this absolutely hilarious. Lets look at some prime examples.

2.1 - Collections system is advertised on a site with commentary handled by Eric and Daimon answering. D answers with the example of Revans mask. Come 2.1 release Bioware launches a completely different version of the Collections system that is nowheres near what was advertised in news articles. Biowares excuse? Bad communication. Well no ****. When you promise one thing and deliver something entirely different technically thats considered false advertisement. Unprofessional? Check.

2.2.2 - Delay of content by 1 day. Granted I really don't care about this, but apparently professional/competitive raiding guilds took a day off of work in advance thinking that content was going to be released on schedule. Needless to say the 8th rolls around and they find out differently.

2.2.2 - Jump Bug. Community Manager/Speaker? Announces that "We will work on PLACING this bug onto a LIST" I'm sorry, I just typed out almost 4 paragraphs in under 5 minutes. How much work goes into typing a small sentence that indicates "Jumping is currently bugged, animation appears to be similar to the animation involving jumping with a weapon while in hand." Gee, that took almost a 30 sec to a minute to type out (mostly because I had to think about how to word it.) Hrm. Tough job, tough job.

There's more examples but I'm sure the apologists are eager to tell me how awful I am for "getting angry about something so petty." 1) I'm not angry, mostly amused . I spent a good 10 minutes laughing at the yellow post once I read in-between the lines. 2) Yeah he probably meant fixing it. But he posted what he posted and well, thats on Eric. *shrugs*

I don't really give a flying crap about the bug. Thats not the issue. The issue is the lack of professionalism that Bioware seems to flaunt around the forums. Content pushed back? No worries, that was simply forgotten to be posted. (Granted one could assume it was gonna be pushed back due to a holiday). Typo's galore, and now this. For a company that considers itself "professional" in the production of games this absolutely hilarious. Lets look at some prime examples.

2.1 - Collections system is advertised on a site with commentary handled by Eric and Daimon answering. D answers with the example of Revans mask. Come 2.1 release Bioware launches a completely different version of the Collections system that is nowheres near what was advertised in news articles. Biowares excuse? Bad communication. Well no ****. When you promise one thing and deliver something entirely different technically thats considered false advertisement. Unprofessional? Check.

2.2.2 - Delay of content by 1 day. Granted I really don't care about this, but apparently professional/competitive raiding guilds took a day off of work in advance thinking that content was going to be released on schedule. Needless to say the 8th rolls around and they find out differently.

2.2.2 - Jump Bug. Community Manager/Speaker? Announces that "We will work on PLACING this bug onto a LIST" I'm sorry, I just typed out almost 4 paragraphs in under 5 minutes. How much work goes into typing a small sentence that indicates "Jumping is currently bugged, animation appears to be similar to the animation involving jumping with a weapon while in hand." Gee, that took almost a 30 sec to a minute to type out (mostly because I had to think about how to word it.) Hrm. Tough job, tough job.

There's more examples but I'm sure the apologists are eager to tell me how awful I am for "getting angry about something so petty." 1) I'm not angry, mostly amused . I spent a good 10 minutes laughing at the yellow post once I read in-between the lines. 2) Yeah he probably meant fixing it. But he posted what he posted and well, thats on Eric. *shrugs*

How many times have you said 'I'll get to work on that.' For a trivial piece of work?

How many times have you said 'I'll get to work on that.' For a trivial piece of work?

You still haven't answered my question, how much work is involved in typing a sentence (or handwriting one) somewhere indicating what kind of bug is happening and how it affects something?

As for your question? Not often. I usually just do it. Y'know, instead of announcing I'll work on placing it on a list.

You still haven't answered my question, how much work is involved in typing a sentence (or handwriting one) somewhere indicating what kind of bug is happening and how it affects something?

As for your question? Not often. I usually just do it. Y'know, instead of announcing I'll work on placing it on a list.

But you have used the idiom. Which typically indicates that you have already done the work. Now, re-read what Eric wrote. The idiom he used refers to work that has already been done and is merely being announced that it has been done. Language, it's our special friend.

Sometimes the members of the SWTOR community just make me /facepalm. Now is one of those times.

/Agree

There's a procedure for bug fixes. Whining that they're not immediately fixed is like complaining to a cashier that you have to queue.