Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

Yeah because force lightning ticks are 10m of 3k would not be too much? Think about what you proposed and then think about it again until you see what the problem is.

It's been said over and over and over, the problem isn't with the Sorc/Sage bubble, it's with everyone else getting the bubble.

It's not that bad compare to derpasmash, and it's not AoE and it's interruptible unlike derpasmashes. Get used to people giving out ideas for rediculous changes since BW OK'ed noobiesmash's 1.4 changes. All the chain bubble stuns, rail shot for 5k, all seem rather tame in comparison.

Edited by warultima

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been said over and over and over, the problem isn't with the Sorc/Sage bubble, it's with everyone else getting the bubble.

Okay.. so I am a sorcerer who uses bubbles to protect my team, the guy standing next to me. Someone hits him and pops the bubble.. the stun stops the guy who is trying to kill me for a couple of seconds, hey opportunity I might be able to cast a heal. Can't re-bubble the guy for a while.. but I might be able to heal 3-4k of the damage which went through the bubble. What a novel concept, the addition of two people... making your 1v1 battle into a 1v2 battle might mean that you cannot insta kill me (the sorcerer) nor the guy I'm protecting. Heck, we might even win.. scary idea.

The stun should be longer though.. 6 seconds at least.

Chisaineko

WH heals/bubbles/dps sorc

Okay.. so I am a sorcerer who uses bubbles to protect my team, the guy standing next to me. Someone hits him and pops the bubble.. the stun stops the guy who is trying to kill me for a couple of seconds, hey opportunity I might be able to cast a heal. Can't re-bubble the guy for a while.. but I might be able to heal 3-4k of the damage which went through the bubble. What a novel concept, the addition of two people... making your 1v1 battle into a 1v2 battle might mean that you cannot insta kill me (the sorcerer) nor the guy I'm protecting. Heck, we might even win.. scary idea.

The stun should be longer though.. 6 seconds at least.

Chisaineko

WH heals/bubbles/dps sorc

Yes it most certainly should be 6 seconds, no 9, no 12. :rolleyes:

• Dev Post
Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

More feedback in the PvP forum? :eek:

Thanks for the update

Just read this after a spate of WZ's being priority targeted for being a sage. The bubble keeps people around me alive for longer and therefore I dont die as often, its a vital part of our toolkit! Sages are so squishy and ephemeral - don't let your solution mean another nerf for sages, bubblestun and egress are both required to function in 50 pvp. Sages are the first chars targeted by enemy DPS - perhaps u should give us an escape like marauders get when at low health or similar.

If you do reduce the bubble's effectiveness then we need something to balance it out, like medium armour or Resilience like shadows get, because I'm certain your metrics support the fact that in pvp sages are the easiest class to kill, when without bubblestun. As it is we're probably the only class that requires a tank guarding them to be sustainable in pvp.

I'm disappointed that you'd even consider what the Ranked crowd has to say when you know they just faceroll PUGs presently and any call for a nerf to bubblestun based on 'Ranked play' must be taken with a pinch of salt.

The ones that cry the most about bubblestun are the Premade teams that faceroll pugs and don't like being stunned near the turrets in Civil War.

Edited by Ycoga

While you're swinging the nerf bat can you please aim it towards the the Focus/Rage tree as well.

also keep it to pvp only stop nerfing skills that us in PvE use, it's getting beyond a joke that everyone has to suffer theses downgrades due to some part of the game they don't play or want to play.keep PvP separate from PvE please.

(as if that will happen...)

:(

i'm really not being a dick when i say this, but:

how hard is it to get things right the first time??

your failures at PvP are mind bottling. nerfing sorcs, IA's, buffing warriors, etc. just take a quick look at the first 5 pages in PvP.

revert to pre 1.2. when PvP was at it's peak.

P.S. who QA's these decisions?? they need to be held accountable.

Edited by T-Assassin

There you go folks, enjoy your sage/sorc before the Nerf that puts them back on the shelf.

Wow, force bubble is what they're going to nerf next? At this point, it figures. What do you really expect from these people? My sorc is a full healer not a hybrid, but it looks like the stun probably won't be the only thing they nerf. People have complained about the bubble absorbing too much damage, but the bubble absorbing that much damage and lasting 30 seconds is key to sorc healing (healer has to keep himself alive in order to heal his team) being viable in PVP. With low dps ability and no bubble or a bubble that absorbs a joke amount, then there goes sorc healing. Now I can understand when I play my dps, it can get annoying for using major attacks on the sage or sorc and all his bubbled teammates and getting "absorbed" on the screen, but I understand that's the class mechanic, and I don't think it's unfair and needs a nerf. The only way a nerf would be fine is if the only thing they changed was to disallow the stun on anyone who is bubbled unless he is the bubble caster himself. Edited by Solarenergy

haha no way!

Sorcerers are almost on the same ship as mercenaries/commandos. No way they are taking the only usable ability this class has.

Against EQUALLY geared classes like marauders, juggernauts, powertechs, etc, your dps will suck using madness. Pure lighting is even worse.

This class is ONLY usable for - healing + throwing bubbles on all your team :)

Lol, what? At the very least, the amount of resolve it adds is *clearly* incorrect. Just patch that bad boy and go from there lol... so typical of these devs, lets not make slow incremental changes lets just STARE at the problem for months, then change something completely unrelated.

And yes, I do play a sorc, and anyone who is actually interested in BALANCE and GAMEPLAY knows that the bubblestun as it stands right now is broken... not that 95% of you doorknobs can actually get past "OMG DONT NERF MY CLASS!"

It's funny how you pick up on this at the same time as you managed to ignore your own feedback threads for sages and sorcs. Not a single sorc/sage was satisfied with our state in PvP. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

We were given one ability that possibly could benefit the team, assuming we sacrifice the little dps we have by going hybrid, and now you're going to "fix it". That will bring us back to not being wanted on rated teams anymore, just slightly above commandos/mercs.

Are you going to make up for whatever changes you have in mind? Obviously not because if you had been aware of what PvP currently is like you would have fixed it a long time ago.

Possible outcomes:

*You increase the amount of resolve the bubble fills: Right now it doesnt matter if the bubble breaks when it doesnt have to because the amount of unwanted resolve will be low. With a higher resolve people are quickly going to discover that bringing a sorc/sage willl only mess up resolve the times you actually need to stun. There goes the ball carrier, on behalf of having a full meter due to all the bubbles.

*Changing the stun: Will directly affect the sorc/sage too

*Changing the stun when the bubble is put on other players: I don't even know if it's possible to program it this way but let's pretend it is, what would be the point of bringing the sorc/sage in the first place? Sorcs and sages would be back to being the squishiest class with the lowest burst and little to no team utility.

Another thing, have you ntoiced how no one complains about bubbles on sorcs? The issue is when put on other classes. Why is that? Oh I don't know, could it be due to the fact that a sorc will die regardless of the bubble while other classes are completely OP in comparison. How about you fix that? It pisses me off that you're even replying to a thread like this at the same time as it's fine for a warrior to dish our more damage per person in an AOE than a sorcs/sage's highest single target burst. But hey, 5x 7K is perfectly fine, right? How about you take 5 minutes to compare the classes in categories such as survivability, burst, sustained dps etc.

Edited by MidichIorian

Lol, what? At the very least, the amount of resolve it adds is *clearly* incorrect. Just patch that bad boy and go from there lol... so typical of these devs, lets not make slow incremental changes lets just STARE at the problem for months, then change something completely unrelated.

And yes, I do play a sorc, and anyone who is actually interested in BALANCE and GAMEPLAY knows that the bubblestun as it stands right now is broken... not that 95% of you doorknobs can actually get past "OMG DONT NERF MY CLASS!"

trouble is; if they fix resolve on the bubble (600 resolve gained instead of 300) then they instantly destroy the viability of the bubble. 2 bubbles = whitebar

They need to implement changes to the sages/sorcerers so that they get at least 1 viable 31 point spec for ranked.

The class is in a sad state when the only viable spec abuses a bug/incorrect resolve gains.

That's true and it could be a problem. But changing it as others have suggested, making it hard stun only when cast on the sorc itself, should work fine. Either that or just turn it back into a mez and giving us some other *real* defensive cooldown and not a bandaid medpack... i mean heal...

Either way, leaving things as is... broken.. for weeks or months while the devs try to pull their heads out is not confidence inspiring... typical, yes...

Edited by Polebreaker

It's funny how you pick up on this at the same time as you managed to ignore your own feedback threads for sages and sorcs. Not a single sorc/sage was satisfied with our state in PvP. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

We were given one ability that possibly could benefit the team, assuming we sacrifice the little dps we have by going hybrid, and now you're going to "fix it". That will bring us back to not being wanted on rated teams anymore, just slightly above commandos/mercs.

Are you going to make up for whatever changes you have in mind? Obviously not because if you had been aware of what PvP currently is like you would have fixed it a long time ago.

Possible outcomes:

*You increase the amount of resolve the bubble fills: Right now it doesnt matter if the bubble breaks when it doesnt have to because the amount of unwanted resolve will be low. With a higher resolve people are quickly going to discover that bringing a sorc/sage willl only mess up resolve the times you actually need to stun. There goes the ball carrier, on behalf of having a full meter due to all the bubbles.

*Changing the stun: Will directly affect the sorc/sage too

*Changing the stun when the bubble is put on other players: I don't even know if it's possible to program it this way but let's pretend it is, what would be the point of bringing the sorc/sage in the first place? Sorcs and sages would be back to being the squishiest class with the lowest burst and little to no team utility.

I don't know about you, but I prefer to be a benefit to my team by the things I do, not because I have one ability that the rest of the team wants. This ability is basically like the 30% speed boost to predation for Carnage maras. People may prefer the damage on Rage right now, but you need to have one in Carnage just for this ability. I would prefer to continue balancing in a way that actually assists DPS sorcs in their ability, rather than being worthless but able to make everyone else have an extra stun.

How about you all fix the fact that no one wants this AC in ranked? We took the time to provide a great deal of feedback on the Sage/Sorc thread and not a single idea was addressed in our update. Our Lightening 31 point talent is garbage for starters. Our survivability is the lowest of all ACs. Our burst is non-existent compared to other ACs. Fix it.