Do Sith sorcerers use viable lightsaber abilities at higher levels?

Rokrz

Hello, im two days in the game and i quite like it. I am currently lvl 9 and would like to play a sith sorcerer but i also like to give a lightsaber swing now and then.

So my question is, are sith sorcerers's lightsaber abilities such as saber strike or thrash viable in higher levels or they are removed from actionbars?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Rokrz

Will you still have those abilities? Yes. Will you be able to put them on the hotbar? Yes. Are they viable light saber abilities as a sorc? No.

As a DPS specced sorc, you will use your lightning abilities. You're range. With what force you use on Thrash, you could cast one of your other lightning abilities.

I think if someone wants to melee as a sorc, then they should roll an assassin, instead.

You will however have a melee ability that costs 0 focus. If you are healing spec'd and want to throw in some damage, but want to save your focus for healing, then you could toss in a melee attack that costs nothing. Or even if you are dps spec'd but run out of focus, you can still attack with your saber. Edited by EcrirTwyLar

• 8 months later...
As a sorc, a lightsaber is only really a stat stick, and used to deflect, unless you are in need of force (which shouldn't happen that often) which you can build using your first attack. But generally, once you choose sorc, you get the larger force pool, you shouldn't have that problem.

You will however have a melee ability that costs 0 focus. If you are healing spec'd and want to throw in some damage, but want to save your focus for healing, then you could toss in a melee attack that costs nothing. Or even if you are dps spec'd but run out of focus, you can still attack with your saber.

Even when healing sabre strike is close to useless, it does extremely low damage. Oh and as a DPS you should never be close enough to an enemy to use a melee attack anyway.

Hello, im two days in the game and i quite like it. I am currently lvl 9 and would like to play a sith sorcerer but i also like to give a lightsaber swing now and then.

So my question is, are sith sorcerers's lightsaber abilities such as saber strike or thrash viable in higher levels or they are removed from actionbars?

Thanks in advance

No their still there its just at higher levels you never really ever use them you will be dumping out a hell of alot of lightning on everything you fight so very rarely will you be using those melee attacks...

Basicly you dont need them because at higher levels you should fry everything that gets close to you so ;)

At least my guy does they cant even make it to me before I turn them into a french fry:D:p

Edited by Legolose