Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. A hood toggle would be great.

As well, I'd like some cooler helmets than a Jodie LaForce space goggles. The sith get some sweet looking helmets, why can't a jedi wear something cool? Just because it hasn't been seen in a movie doesn't mean anything.

Im really bummed so far with the jedi armor progression.Im a guardian and finally, after 40 levels I got the lvl 40 PVP armor that actually looks like the armor promised in all those screen shots and pre game art.

Would love a little more love for the guardians/sentinels in making some killer looking gear.

I don't understand why the hoods just aren't your head items, or a lot of them. They have a helm toggle like any reasonable mmo out there, ostensibly because they realized that we might want to see our characters' faces. But instead my helm toggle is just turning on and off little headbands you can't see or whatever.

The hoods should have just been a separate model for helm items, not part of the chest piece. With those combined with existing helm looks we'd get a lot more variety in our character looks with the same amount of models too.

I went a different route to get away from having the hood/robe look, and crafted an orange heavy-armor chest piece that's really designed for a trooper. I'll have to figure out how to take and post a screenshot, but it's all white. Has a couple 'armor panels' on it, but it's not that heavy plate look - and no backpack like a lot of the trooper armor has.

I think it's called "Plastoid" or something.

To get rid of the hood, Iv just saved some Commendations and bought headgear for Smuggler[i think!], and moved all my mods etc into that.

I suggest all Sentinel players that are sick of the hood to get some moddable item for other classes and use it. Toggle Hood Off/On may not be coming soon.

I don't understand why the hoods just aren't your head items, or a lot of them. They have a helm toggle like any reasonable mmo out there, ostensibly because they realized that we might want to see our characters' faces. But instead my helm toggle is just turning on and off little headbands you can't see or whatever.

The hoods should have just been a separate model for helm items, not part of the chest piece. With those combined with existing helm looks we'd get a lot more variety in our character looks with the same amount of models too.

This might be the best solution of all, as anything bigger than a headband cancels out the hood anyway. Or they could just add the hood down armors that are all over this web site into the actual game, and people wouldn't have to wear trooper clothes or smuggler hats just to see the character they created.

Actually what I've been doing is keeping the Aspiring Knight's robe with the hood down from Synthweaving in my inventory. I equip it whenever I am about to speak to a quest giver or turn one in. I then re-equip my normal robe when out in the wild.

I know it's not convenient, but it does make dialogue much more enjoyable.

I'm using a synthweaved tunic as well, but I know that end-game ops won't support my use of it soon. (A lot of end-game gear is two socket gear, as opposed to three. That's another solution, converting all epic gear to three sockets instead of two, but I doubt we'll see that happen.)

My problem with hooded robes is that they hide your face, thereby effectively eliminating all the time you spent during character creation. Using helms to prevent hoods does nothing to reemedy this problem, since once again you're hiding your character's face/details.

Have you ever noticed none of the Jedi Masters in the cutscenes or Class quests use hoods? There's a reason, it's called character identity. I'm all for having hoods, but as an option.

There's a reason we have a "helm on/off" toggle. It should apply to hoods. Period.

Edited by Thessaly

I'm using a synthweaved tunic as well, but I know that end-game ops won't support my use of it soon. (A lot of end-game gear is two socket gear, as opposed to three. That's another solution, converting all epic gear to three sockets instead of two, but I doubt we'll see that happen.)

My problem with hooded robes is that they hide your face, thereby effectively eliminating all the time you spent during character creation. Using helms to prevent hoods does nothing to reemedy this problem, since once again you're hiding your character's face/details.

Have you ever noticed none of the Jedi Masters in the cutscenes or Class quests use hoods? There's a reason, it's called character identity. I'm all for having hoods, but as an option.

There's a reason we have a "helm on/off" toggle. It should apply to hoods. Period.

Very Well Put!

i want a hood on/off toggle so bad im tired of having a hood havent seen any jedi guardian without a hood since lvl 10, plus i look bald and stupid with a hood and every orange armors have the hood up so annoying i hope they make an option for this its so annoying always having a hood on my head

So a while back I stopped playing my JK. This hood issue ruined it for me. I only do the daily space missions, which are btw over rewarded (My JK only finished Taris, no bonus quests whatsoever, and is LV28)

I started a trooper instead. Now that is what it should be like! Whoever designed JK did the worst job by far. Trooper is fun, you can rp, all aspects of it are like I expected and even better.

The gear looks just right, You slowly progress towards epic and is fun, companions can all wear heavy armor so you can get that army feel and uniformity, its just all right.

JK literally sucks. In every way possible. Sad, because that is what I bought the game for. Trooper is as epic as the trailers show you, Jedi is just a joke. A sick bad joke.

My trooper has serious power compared to the JK, who often struggles with story bosses. My trooper can beat ACT 1 at LVL 28! My Jedi needed help at LVL 32.

So to sum it up:

JK gameplay sucks

JK story is weak, or is it just the dumb hood and butt?

JK looks dumb

JK cant roleplay

JK is seriously underpowered is both PVE and PVP (latter is just a poor excuse for a class)

FIX IT!

This should be the most iconic class! FIX IT!!

I found a way to keep the hood down, on the commendations vendor on Hoth sells a Elder Vindicator's Headgear, for some reason when you equip it it forces the hood to turn off. Now if you want the hood to come back up go into the social options and turn off the helm display.

I found a way to keep the hood down, on the commendations vendor on Hoth sells a Elder Vindicator's Headgear, for some reason when you equip it it forces the hood to turn off. Now if you want the hood to come back up go into the social options and turn off the helm display.

Partially confirmed, via the CTRL left/click preview. Unfortunately the Elder Vindicator's Headgear is Heavy Armor, and I'm incapable of wearing this piece because I'm a Sentinel. However, it indeed *appears* that wearing this piece is a solution.

Clearly this invalidates the argument that artwork would have to be redone for a /hood option to be implemented, since as far as the game client is concerned, rendering of the the hood can be easily suppressed depending on the headpiece (or in this case an eye visor).

Too bad I didn't roll a Guardian, I'd be all over this little item. ;)

Edited by Deelmackey

Partially confirmed, via the CTRL left/click preview. Unfortunately the Elder Vindicator's Headgear is Heavy Armor, and I'm incapable of wearing this piece because I'm a Sentinel. However, it indeed *appears* that wearing this piece is a solution.

Clearly this invalidates the argument that artwork would have to be redone for a /hood option to be implemented, since as far as the game client is concerned, rendering of the the hood can be easily suppressed depending on the headpiece (or in this case an eye visor).

Too bad I didn't roll a Guardian, I'd be all over this little item. ;)

1) Hood suppressed is not the same as hood down. Though; if you're careful, ANY SINGLE piece in the game that has a hood, you can see a hood down version on the NPCs (especially on Tython, if you play a consular you'll meet things that makes you cry if you started with a Jedi Knight). So yeah kinda right. The hood is just a clipping part, and they have both up and down made :/ .

2) There's a medium helmet which is what you're looking for, check out the GTN. My Sentinel has it. It's not a visor, it doesn't hide the face, and lets the hair visible.

Edited by Strayth

2) There's a medium helmet which is what you're looking for, check out the GTN. My Sentinel has it. It's not a visor, it doesn't hide the face, and lets the hair visible.

You mean the one that covers the sides and bottom of your face? Its not any better either. I want to see my Jedis face, without anything covering it.

GOD BW PLEASE, give us an update on either this or the "Devs, Please add the following already existing armor in game" thread!!

I have seven days left. :(