Any other leapers falling short of their destination?

madcappah

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this one repeatedly yesterday too - a jugg from my team in HB was charging/interceding people and always landed in the most unexpected places...even in the fire pit. Was really funny looking :D I hope they fix it soon, 'cause poor leapers (I have one too) are currently providing for some big laughs in Wzs.

... you probably need to stack more accuracy as someone noted :D

I assumed that was the case initially myself. However, after stacking accuracy to 100% (WOW how many points does it take....) same issues. I've never had my leap not apply a root before (at least not that I can recall) aside from the past week or two. Anyways, the point of the thread is that leaps aren't reaching their destination, and that's something accuracy won't fix.

• Dev Post

Hello there,

We are absolutely investigating the issues that you're reporting with leaps and intercepts.

When posting about ability bugs of this nature, details are always going to be very helpful(we saw the video, thanks!). Does this happen with every leap ability? Is it every time, and if not how often? Do you notice it more in any particular instances (some said Huttball, for instance)?

Thanks so much for your patience! As we have details regarding what's causing this or when a fix is incoming, we'll be sure to let you know.

Intercede:

Happens EVERY time unless the target is within about 10m. Even then I've had one shortened leap.

Other leaps:

About the same with intercede. However, the max distance ones will land correctly from time to time.

Last night in multiple huttballs, I had one intercede land short of the ledge from the dumpster - where my target was at the edge of it, I interceded, but I ended up still in the pit instead of on the ledge. I had one leap to a target end up with me in the flame pits, and the person was equidistant between two flame pits when I hit the skill.

MOST of this looks like graphical lag, as if leap is registering on their position a second or two ago.

This is most apparent in hypergate attempting to get inside for the explosion with either skill, be it chasing people running using either to catch up, or even jumping to someone already inside near the force field.

Edited by Maelael

Hello there,

We are absolutely investigating the issues that you're reporting with leaps and intercepts.

When posting about ability bugs of this nature, details are always going to be very helpful(we saw the video, thanks!). Does this happen with every leap ability? Is it every time, and if not how often? Do you notice it more in any particular instances (some said Huttball, for instance)?

Thanks so much for your patience! As we have details regarding what's causing this or when a fix is incoming, we'll be sure to let you know.

It also happens in Scum and Villainy during the Thrasher Boss Fight.

Yesterday nearly every leap up to the Demolisher Add that spawns with the snipers resulted in face planting into the wall. This is not even close to clearing the edge to getting up there. The only solution that we had to use was to never come down after the adds were dead, which resulted in 2 less dps on thrasher (In hardmode, made enrage a little scary)

It was very, very frustrating. I haven't done EC in awhile but I'd imagine leaping onto the tanks would be causing issues too. Seems the end area of the leap on anything of an angle results in undershooting. (( A few patches ago this "missed leap" resulted in a /stuck bug that instantly killed the character because their end point was inside a mob // pillar))

I've noticed this as well on my Sentinel. Seems to occur in huttball the most frequently. It also seems to be the most common when I'm trying to change elevations. I've never been quite sure if it's due to latency and I'm not seeing everything that's occuring. Such as me leaping and then getting knocked back but not seeing all of that. But my internet connection is good, I'm sub-50ms latency all the time.

Hello there,

Seems not only "leaps and intercepts" but pulls and grapples too! :)

As to "leaps that fail to close any distance", today was first time I noticed this, on Tatooine, wanted to get down from high rock, leaped on some low level mob, stayed in same place.

As for "leaps that land not on target", like leap on enemy, and land 6-7 m before of behind him, that first appeared long long ago, and that would be what people see as ignoring root. From what I've seen, it's simply problem with synchronization.

Edited by Elear

Now that i think back this explains alot. Jumping to people and staying in place not rooting enemy's on leaping. Also anyone else notice that force push occasionally pushes an enemy player away then they end up right back in front of you??? :confused:

After playing warzones for few hours I have to say, yes, it happens quite often.

Leap not working: hutball,edeny on one catwalks, obvstructed by small obstacle. Jumping up allowed to gain line of sight and leap, but leap did nothing.

Pulls not wirking: had some powertech grapple my gunslinger moment I put down cover. Got grapple animation around me, but didn't move.

From those 2, it seems like client allows use of ability, server disagrees but ability is put on CD anyway,

There is also another, separate and old as game, but with Storm(vanguard tank charge). Most of the time when I use it for the first time in a while, it won't move my character, but procs and damage happens as usual, sometimes even using AoE damages mobs near target. Most of the time it occurs charge animation and moving player character clientside occurs few seconds later, but not always, resulting either in player being stuck or simply misfired ability, I don't recall ever encountering this bug twice in a row, without significant delay in time.

I've only noticed this problem during Operator IX in TFB Hard Mode. When leaping towards the data cores on my sentinel it does not land me within the 4m range to be able to use most of my abilities.