Community Q&A – Feb 17th 2012 Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexiekaboom: 16 man Operations are much harder than 8 man Operations (to the point where most guilds can easily clear hard mode 8 man before being able to clear 16 man easy mode) but there is no loot difference at all to doing them. It's better to send your 16 man raid force to clear two 8 man instances .Is this oversight or design? What will be done to offset this in the future?

Gabe Amatangelo: This is not per design. The teams have been addressing this in the weekly patches to some degree and more so in Game Update 1.2. It is intended that 16 player mode is slightly easier than 8 player mode due to the fact that getting and coordinating 16 players is a larger hurdle in and of itself.

Please tell me this is a mistake. In what universe should 16m be easier than 8man? This makes absolutely no sense. If anything, 16m should be harder and offer better rewards.

I see they reverted back to the generic question evasion tactic. Did the lawyers write the answers this week?

And for the love of god, tell all the desperate people that SGRA are coming so that they can have their dreams come true.

So... Surgical Probe... is burst healing?

Isn't that kind of like saying Biochem Reusable Medpacks are burst healing?

Don't get me wrong, it's a nifty tool, but it's hardly going to save anyone's life... unless the damage they are taking is hardly threatening to begin with.

Really nice to hear about the /roll command coming--or a version of it, anyway. But then the rest of the answers erased whatever excitement I was feeling.

Chat bubbles not a priority? How long and how loud do we players need to be before something is a priority? We've been screaming since beta about this!

"Finally, the perception of a specific class being not desirable can also be affected by the desirability of other classes. For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so."

So does this mean that healing is getting an even greater set back?

Really nice to hear about the /roll command coming--or a version of it, anyway. But then the rest of the answers erased whatever excitement I was feeling.

Chat bubbles not a priority? How long and how loud do we players need to be before something is a priority? We've been screaming since beta about this!

They didn't say they weren't a priority, they said that the GUI team is focused on the customization issues first, then they'll tackle the chat bubbles.

Regarding Sage/Sorcerer AOE heals compared to Commando and Scoundrel...

Honestly, the costs seem relatively the same to me, and I don't see any reason why Commando and Scoundrel AOE heals can't also apply to 8 people. Activation time and localized area are not really a detriment in most healing situations that require an AOE heal.

Scoundrel healing would be fine...if Upper Hand stacked higher and lasted longer. As it stands, working within 2 upper hands and only getting one on a random proc or when a target is already very low on health leaves for a very stressful healing experience.

They didn't say they weren't a priority, they said that the GUI team is focused on the customization issues first, then they'll tackle the chat bubbles.

Which both I'm equally glad to see/hear. As both drastically will help the game out. Far more then some obscure skill in some obscure corner of the globe only affecting 0.1% of all pvp'rs.

Overall, a nice Q&A. Restored more faith, and assured me my investment as a customer is doing well.

Priority here meaning "of great or greater importance." If the team considers the GUI optimizations a priority (which should have been sorted out ages ago when we screamed about that in beta, too), then that doesn't leave room for calling chat bubbles a priority, does it?

He made it clear where the team is focused. I'm expressing disdain for their choice to focus on just the one issue.

I'd have thought chat bubbles were included in GUI optimizations...

Over five percent of all respondents last week were asking for an update on same-gender content. I am sorry for those of you whose questions received the substantive, detailed answers that you aren't happy about. But you did get answers.

We've had no news since Sept. 13. Yes, we will keep asking. No snarky comebacks required.

Devs: Yes, we're aware the GTN needs help, and we're looking into it.

Gee, thanks for the informative answer -.-

At least you got an acknowledgement that the issue will be addressed.

Ops/Scoundrel healers got a giant "**** off"

Edited by Sireene
lang

Please tell me this is a mistake. In what universe should 16m be easier than 8man? This makes absolutely no sense. If anything, 16m should be harder and offer better rewards.

Its not a mistake, they actually have a point.

(And the 16m are also easier due to the fact you can just steamroll anything with 3 sage/sorc healers and their op aoe healing)

Lexiekaboom: 16 man Operations are much harder than 8 man Operations (to the point where most guilds can easily clear hard mode 8 man before being able to clear 16 man easy mode)

I wanna see those guilds who are able to run 8m hard modes and not be able to run 16m easy modes (provided they have enough players for it), because like I said before, just stack sages/sorcs... which shouldnt be a problem, theres a buttload of them, cause theyre the fotm class atm

Somebody did the math that in the requests thread, 5% of all posts were asking about the same thing - same sex romance.

Yet, no representation, for the second week in row.

The dodge is becoming pretty clear.

And my unsub is becoming more and more likely.

Edited by Samy_Merchi

Improvement on last week's questions! Questions which have been on peoples mind's since beta.

Would have appreciated the 2-3 questions to have had more detail other than 'thinking about it' but cant get too picky... Overall very happy with the answers and the questions.

quote: "Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes. "

firstly, thanks for giving us the option to votekick players who are idle! I know this is another question but I just had to ask, what exactly can we buy with

ranked warzone commendations? BM gear? or a higher tier of gear altogether. I hope it's more powerful gear than bm..

tnx

"Finally, the perception of a specific class being not desirable can also be affected by the desirability of other classes. For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so."

So does this mean that healing is getting an even greater set back?

yes, because their healing exceeds the clunky, costly, slow and subpar performance metric meter limit slightly.

i'm quickly losing faith that this game will ever have an overall better combat system.

And also

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that.

Well, Im happy it will be available at some point in the future, but Im pretty sure you could fit it in 1.2 if not sooner. There already exist the models of robes without hoods (for example when someone is wearing a helmet/hat)...

Yeah, I know its probably not a top priority atm, but its just a small thing (yet a kinda important one) to add.