Warrior PvP

JrCheezybanana

I have a 33 Juggernaut that was I playing Vengeance spec up until 30 and then I switched to immortal. Play style difference at this level is as follows:

1) Vengeance: Leap onto a target, get focused by the ranged enemies and die in approximately 5-7 seconds. You may kill something if you are lucky.

2) Immortal: Leap onto a target, get focused by the ranged enemies and die in 8-12 seconds. You probably won't kill anything.

Now....compare this to playing a ranged damage dealer (such as my 14 trooper or bounty hunter if you wish). Run around engaging targets at will. Use your KB and cryo to keep them off of you and kite them to death. Rinse and repeat.

Moral of the story is don't leap onto targets first. Let some other poor sap do it and then clean up. In that case, I would go Vengeance for PvP. I might change my mind after 40 with some decent defensive gear.

Edited by Scinald

I have a L32 warrior tank and have been PVPing pretty extensively. It works well when you have a good healer backing you up. It falls on its face when you try to take on something with an ability to stun and get distance and hit you hard before you can leap again or trying to take on more than 1v1 (which is still hard). The damage is poor, but if you hunt in packs you can help by taunting and shielding others. I get my kills from this or trying to find weakened targets to isolate and kill. It isn't pretty.

I've done the best in Alderran and the Void Star where combat is a more tactical and spread out. I have usually ended up near the top in those BGs. In Huttball I am usually at the bottom and end up being dog chow. There are so many levels and it is such a tight arena the ranged DPS will shoot down on you then knock you back off the platform when you leap to them. My best advice here is to again try to stay near good healers and use force push and choke to keep force users off you. There isn't much you can do about ranged if you were blown back after a jump. Shield and pray I guess.

I haven't solved the problem of being stun locked or constantly CC'd. You can use your one ability to get out of the first one (I always forget ability names), but if it is on cooldown or you are CC'd again right afterward, you will die (shielding only seems to delay it slightly).

The TL;DR? Warrior tanks do OK in some situations, but if you want to pump out the damage or have more utility, I'd look elsewhere.

I don't want to see any of the ranged classes get nerfed.

I'd rather see Warriors get buffed.

But I get the funny feeling BioWare doesn't really care about pvp balance.

The game went through beta with tons of feedback from players - and this is how the game got released.

As the old saying goes "actions speak louder than words"

I don't want to see any of the ranged classes get nerfed.

I'd rather see Warriors get buffed.

But I get the funny feeling BioWare doesn't really care about pvp balance.

The game went through beta with tons of feedback from players - and this is how the game got released.

As the old saying goes "actions speak louder than words"

Warriors are fine, if played properly. Infact, they are the spearhead of your group if they are supported. Nothing, I repeat, nothing changes a game like a good warrior with good support.

Am a level 40 Rage sith warrior juggernaut... the people that die within 10 seconds obviously dont have a clue! You charge in to 6 people obviously your going to get killed first... I usually hit top 3 damage and hitting 3-4k critical smashes has helped me take out people with ease! Once you get force crush things are easier get 4 stats and use smash and then grip and then use force smash after a cheaky obliterate... 1v1 cant see you dying and when it comes to groups just charge the loose ends and if you get long range on you switch target to them. Thoroughly enjoy my jugg!!

For me as a Sniper, high level Juggernauts are pretty much a death sentence... I simply can't touch them, I pray for my knockback to send them flying far enough to give me a breather or to live for enough time for it to get zerged down.