X Server rateds

TwitchWINs

I mentioned it in another thread as well, but cross server pvp is difficult to create when the game hasn't launched with it. It's not the same 'system' required where you just click queue group and play on your server. It actually needs a sort of revamp to make cross server pvp possible.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned it in another thread as well, but cross server pvp is difficult to create when the game hasn't launched with it. It's not the same 'system' required where you just click queue group and play on your server. It actually needs a sort of revamp to make cross server pvp possible.

Wow did not have any warzones let alone cross sever anything at launch. They managed to implement it well after launch years ago can't see y BW can't do the same

As others have mentioned before its a resource issue at this point.

The hero engine itself dont support what we would call xserver.

it support multiple shards (example several instances of Ilum on same server spawned, or your flett (rep(sith)) during peak hrs.

But the Hero engine itself dont have "communication" between the actual physical servers :/

This means that BW/EA would have to shoot in lots of monies in fixing this issue with actual xservers or the other valid options is of course to just merge the game into 1 actual server but multiple shards.

Servermerges would be beneficial overall for pvp specifically.

Some may argue it "ruins" rivalry and comradry and all that, but imo its worth the price, then again I'm not the most social gamer in a mmo.

I just wish that Bioware/EA was on the ball on actually "shot down" threads like this with answers or put it in they're faq etc.

DD (Dallas Dickinson) I belive was it that said the day before that after testing rated on PTS it was found that they needed xservers for it to work properly, and since then the rated wz havent left its limbo of being pre-season.

Bioware/EA, many people have quit and more will quite due to there not being cross server PvP. Cartel market micro transactions may give a profit, but wouldn't the profit be larger if you had more players playing the game?

This game has such a potential, but if you don't implement such important elements like cross server PvP, you'll just keep losing customers.

There are several ways in which you could make cross servers. For instance you could have a separate PvP server and have characters copied over to it during the WZ loading screen, and then copied back to the original server after the game. Or you could make one very large server and divide it into instances that would serve as sub-servers. Either way, it's not impossible. Many people enjoy PvP in this game, so this aspect should really not be something to give up on.

Edited by Neulwen

The last I heard anyone from BW talk about cross server was in TORWars Podcast #120: Exclusive PvP Interview With Senior Systems Designer, Rob Hinkle. I would link to it but apparently it was removed since then. This was a few months ago, in mid-December.

Anyway, in this interview Rob clearly says that "Cross server warzones have been put on the back burner" and that they decided togo with merging the servers instead(what we have now). So they didn't even say "it is something we would like to do" or "it is on the table", which they pretty much say about everything. He said "back-burner" which I think means they completely given up on it.

This thread has gotten pretty big and deserves an update from one of the devs. But considering the last mention of cross servers from the TORWars interview chances are we will not be getting any good news.

Without X-Servers RWZs are going to die. 3 active rated teams on each german server just sucks, esp. for average players. They try rated once, getting farmed like hell and loose interest in the topic, which is completly understandable.