Dear BioWare: Requisition Rewards Encourage Bad Gameplay

mr_sim

So this is a problem I actually noticed a long time ago, and then I kind of forgot about it when it stopped affecting me.

In short It's about how Requisition is being rewarded in Domination mode Currently if you are on the loosing side of a typical match, that your opponent controls 2 nodes but you control 1. You would receive better requisition rewards as a team if you were to simply turtle up on your own node and not attempt to capture one of the others. This by the way is boring gameplay for both teams.

I had actually forgot about this as I was on a winning streak for months and even when I lost a match it was usually close. The other night however I had a match where we got wholesale locked out. We kept our 1 node but try as we might could not even budge another node. It was actually a good match even though we lost, we kept them on their toes enough that they didn't have time to touch our one node.

Then I saw the Scorecard for the match. I was 3rd in match, 1st for my team, and got a pittance for requisition. Why? Because I got 0 objective points apparently even though I was focused on their nodes the whole time.

Sooooo..........I lead the charge for my team, we gave the other team an enjoyable match despite the fact they had a fairly overwhelming win(which tend to be boring). I come out of the match and see my rewards and my first thought was "I could have just camped our one node and racked up the objective points and gotten tons of requisition for not usefully helping my team"

We need assault points BioWare if players start to figure out that they grind faster by not taking risks in match then the game gets boring and begins to die.

Yes, the fact that you don't get objective points by fighting on satellites is nonsense. Any fighting within range of any objective, hostile, friendly, or neutral held should grant objective points. I've seen plenty of matches where a ton of time was spent contesting a neutral node - that granted nothing.

Agreed. It's always boggled my mind how I can spend the majority of a match on offense and get 1 or 0 offensive objective points with the majority of my objective points coming from the brief amount of time I spent at a friendly sat waiting for the enemy attack.

In a no capture scenario you grab your 'offensive' objective points by killing turrets in domination. At least that's what I've done in lost cause situations where I wanted decent req gains.

It's harder in a close losing game because contesting the sat prevents turret respawns. The balance is that if it really is close there's hope for maybe actually taking the sat and winning. Unless you're close to the end of the match.

My normal procedure is to hop on a Novadive and rocket pod the things to death. I like the scout because you need to kill a lot of turrets if you're chasing a decent req reward through turret kills, so getting from node to node fast is important.

As far a game play incentives go, that's not really good though. It means that your more experienced players have an incentive to abandon efforts to win and selfishly compete for personal requisition gains. If the sat is flashing on the map it should probably giving req points to pilots on both sides that are within range.

Thinking back, I'd say that for me all of the games where there were really hard fought battles for a sat were probably req disasters for the involved pilots on both sides. So if we aren't getting paid because it took too long, maybe we could at least get the Telosian Cross of Tenacity or something for the effort involved?

if we're talking about Domination here, of course you get more points for taking and holding a Satellite, that's the heart of the "King of the Hill" mode... in Team Deathmatch it makes more sense to get your points from Offensive play, whereas Domination rewards Defensive play... being a cowboy is not as rewarding in Domination like it is in Deathmatch and for good reason...

if we're talking about Domination here, of course you get more points for taking and holding a Satellite, that's the heart of the "King of the Hill" mode... in Team Deathmatch it makes more sense to get your points from Offensive play, whereas Domination rewards Defensive play... being a cowboy is not as rewarding in Domination like it is in Deathmatch and for good reason...

The problem is that there is no incentive to become the king of two hills. Just defending one hill is enough even if it ultimately ends with your team losing. Now personally I'm at a point were req gain doesn't really matter to me, but I can certainly understand people not wanting to make (highly likely) doomed attempts at hills defended by a strong enemy team.

Domination : What about all my kamikaze runs on a OP mine'd satellite? They don't count for much when my PUG just hovers around it's lone sat. I get more points defending than attempting to put a dent in a sat defense.

Deathmatch : My PUG chases to the ceiling. End up losing because other team has one or more mastered ships. Also, mine walls and snipers do us in quickly.

That's pretty much how it goes when I play.