Imps on Star Forge - Please play pub side we need the help

jomfalcona

I spend all day playing vanguard and win one match. Always top dps for my team despite being in 230 gear and being a glass cannon with no heals. Most pubs average 400k dps per match and are blissfully happy to suck. As a whole, we pubs are wretched. I can't remember jedi covenant ever being so bad. Night after night of losses. Maybe some imps could come over and make the wzs more balanced now that cross faction don't pop as much <end nerdrage> Edited by jomfalcona

I think you've just had bad luck or have been queuing at an odd time. Out of curiosity do you play during Aussie hours?

I play both factions equally and my experience is that the Reps win slightly more often than Star Forge Imps. I'd say on average Reps win 6 of 10 matches vs Imps. What I've run into is that the Reps more often have complete teams (DPS, tanks, heals) whereas Imp teams are not infrequently nothing but DPS. While you do have some great healers Imp side I also think that overall the Reps have better healers. Imps however generally do better DPS.

I solo queue as both; usually solo imps are a bit more competent while pubs have more healers and tanks as stated above, it makes it fairly even as people struggle to kill each other. For results it really depends on where the premadre are at. If you are queuing at the same time (I mean you get your pops at the same time) as reverse faction premade you will almost always lose. I do both solo and premades and basically premades only lose against other premades (at that point bad pugs are the deciders if the skill are pretty much even between premades)

I had same experience as OP, played my smuggler during prime time out of like 10 games won 1. Logged off. Got on my oper on Salene and won most.

@@@@@ pubs...... Most are so skillless in PVP. Prime example i am trying to cap mid, you pub go to the spawn point of imp stand there , sap , cc, slow nope they stand next to me. We loose....

It's not so much carrying as it would be nice to have a balanced team. I noticed that pubs win more in mornings and afternoons. I believe the imp premades roll in the evenings. The other day I played 6 matches and won 1. That one win was a Yavin WZ where I was the only pub with 7 imps. The 5 losses were with pubs. Like I said though, pubs are much more competitive early in the day.

I was playing both sides, but now the increased Yavin cross faction pops have ended, my pop times are longer on the pub side. So I have two choices. Queue pubs and sit there bored while I wait for a pop. Or play Imps where I get Imp v Imp matches constantly. It’s for this reason that we need all maps to be cross faction.

To be carried into a win with 1 game out of 10 or more played ! A single one ?

And you complain that people want to be "carried" for a single game within one whole evening of losses ?

I don't get your point. Do people deserve a win?

Anyway, I played 6 matches and won 3 today:

I don't think imps are stronger than pubs :)

I don't get your point. Do people deserve a win?

Anyway, I played 6 matches and won 3 today:

I don't think imps are stronger than pubs :)

The one night I don't play and pubs get a winning streak going. It is possible that I'm so bad that I bring down a team. Still going to que though, playing as a vanguard is too much fun.

The one night I don't play and pubs get a winning streak going. It is possible that I'm so bad that I bring down a team. Still going to que though, playing as a vanguard is too much fun.

It wasn't a winning streak. I won two matches on my slinger, swapped to my shadow and lost three to win the final one. I'd say it's probably worse than most nights I play, to be honest.

I don't think anyone asked you to stop queuing, but blaming a faction for a problem that objectively isn't theirs is wrong. Pubs win as much as imps at least, probably more in my experience. The matches we lost, we had some of the most clueless players I've seen in a while -- a sage that popped force empowerment as we left spawn every time, for example. Bad players exist on both sides, they're not exclusive to one faction or another.

Pubs were curbstomping Imps late last night, though it's because they were running their usual Parsing Dummy team composition (heavy on the skanks & heals) and every Imp team I landed on seemed to be missing both. Imps did better overall on the DPS as usual, but it doesn't matter when you don't have healers.

I need to summon the willpower to create and gear up a skank tank or healer for when I'm in the mood to play Imp side, but the queue seems short of either or both.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Pubs were curbstomping Imps late last night, though it's because they were running their usual Parsing Dummy team composition (heavy on the skanks & heals) and every Imp team I landed on seemed to be missing both. Imps did better overall on the DPS as usual, but it doesn't matter when you don't have healers.

I need to summon the willpower to create and gear up a skank tank or healer for when I'm in the mood to play Imp side, but the queue seems short of either or both.

Double pre-made FTW. That's all pubs know how to do practically.

Won 3/4 WZs tonight. Imps really sucked and couldn't play objectives. Guess it does go back and forth.

Imps suck at objectives. Pubs suck at the fighting.

When Imps lose to Pubs thats a "TKO"

When pubs lose to Imps thats a "KO" with a side of "Ohhh mannn,...you just got knocked the F out!"

I can live with that =p

Imps suck at objectives. Pubs suck at the fighting.

When Imps lose to Pubs thats a "TKO"

When pubs lose to Imps thats a "KO" with a side of "Ohhh mannn,...you just got knocked the F out!"

I can live with that =p

You're complaining about premades and about objectives. To me it seems as if you should try duels, that seems to be your thing. PvP isn't really what you want.

You're complaining about premades and about objectives. To me it seems as if you should try duels, that seems to be your thing. PvP isn't really what you want.

I'm not complaining about pre-mades, I'm complaining about double premades heh. Big difference.

8 people, all hand picked for just the right class/spec combination all in voice chat vs pug teams.

I'm not sure where you got the idea I was complaining about objectives. I said that Pubs are better at objectives than Imps. I'm an Imp and I'm calling a spade a spade is all. They are better at objectives.

PVP isn't about dueling, but it is about fighting.

I hate dueling, I love PVP.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I'm not complaining about pre-mades, I'm complaining about double premades heh. Big difference.

8 people, all hand picked for just the right class/spec combination all in voice chat vs pug teams.

You said, and I quote:

Even though if you were to watch the attached videos, you'd see for 2/3 I was solo and for the 3rd I was grouped with one guy. I don't know where double premades fit in there.

I'm not sure where you got the idea I was complaining about objectives. I said that Pubs are better at objectives than Imps. I'm an Imp and I'm calling a spade a spade is all. They are better at objectives.

The part about TKO vs. KO seems to indicate that you think winning by objectives is inferior to winning by brute force. Like using your brain is worse than smashing some buttons. Sorry, but that's the image you paint.

PvP isn't about fighting, it's about beating other players. If you think it's about fighting, you want arenas or dueling. In 8v8s, it's as much (or more) about other things.

Edited by Greezt

I admit to running a double premade. If I have 5 people on in guild, and they all want to PvP what am I supposed to do? Tell them they can't play with us? I do enforce roles (5dps/2heals/1tank) but I do not require any class or spec beyond that. Nor do we normally have all 8 as we have about 5-7 active members that PvP.

Beyond that I mostly agree. Dueling is all about which class is more op at the moment, assuming equal skill. That's why I prefer objective based PvP. I don't particularly care for arenas either. Mostly from my time running them as a vigi guardian in a group with a sage healer, infiltration shadow (before the utility change), and concentration sent. Guess who was focused first?

I play on satele shan not star forge so maybe the experience is different. I'd say there just were more imps, so your probability of getting a good team is higher but so is your probability of getting a crap team. Pugs are a crap shoot any way.

Do note despite my premading. I strongly prefer playing against other comparable teams. I don't enjoy rofl stomping or being rofl stomped.

You said, and I quote:

Even though if you were to watch the attached videos, you'd see for 2/3 I was solo and for the 3rd I was grouped with one guy. I don't know where double premades fit in there.

The part about TKO vs. KO seems to indicate that you think winning by objectives is inferior to winning by brute force. Like using your brain is worse than smashing some buttons. Sorry, but that's the image you paint.

PvP isn't about fighting, it's about beating other players. If you think it's about fighting, you want arenas or dueling. In 8v8s, it's as much (or more) about other things.

1 - I don't know what videos you are talking about or their relevance to my comments.

2- TKO/KO - You nailed me perfectly on this one. I do think winning by objectives is inferior than by winning by brute force.

You can open a door one of two ways. You can use the knob, or you could smash the door off it's hinges. I've never really minded getting splinters. How one makes their entrance can leave a lasting impression =]

3 - I can't speak for anyone else, nor would I feel entitled too. I play PVP because I like to fight. Objective are important, but they can't be obtained/kept for the most part without fighting. Some people go for objectives some people try and support those people going for objectives either by clearing the path for them, or responding to a defended area under attack. I am one of the latter. Truth be told, I'm not particularly good at objectives. I think I've scored a total of 3 goals in Huttball total! I feel that I can offer the group I'm playing with more by way of fighting than by way of objectives. Every enemy that is free to roam and go after the people on your team attempting objectives makes their attainment that much more unlikely. You stop people from interfering with your team members attempting the objectives by engaging them. Saying please doesn't often meet with much success in PVP from what I've seen =p

You want to leave the one healer on your team who doesn't have a guard without anyone to peel for them thinking that whether your healer lives or dies has no effect on the prospects of your team winning because PVP "is about objectives", I'm sure they'll appreciate the sentiment.

There is no objective PVP map that can be won without fighting.

Play your game how you like. I'm in it for the fighting.

I'm not interested in dueling as that's class based [Operatives/Assassins/Snipers/Mercs Ftw] realistically speaking.

Certain classes are more appropriate for certain objectives, you don't leave a Jugg, Marauder, or a healer as lone guard , unless of course you want to lose. You don't send healers to attack an enemy node. Stealth are better at getting nodes [sap cap] and defending nodes. If you don't have an available stealth to guard a node, sniper is next in line [Engineering is particularly suited for it].

Huttball matches certain classes are better to pass back and forth with based on stealth hiding near the enemy goal line, and Sorcs are good as well to help with the "congo line" and to force speed when appropriate as force speed is much faster than certain other classes speed boosts.

Feel free to recommend a Jugg to go and try and take an enemy node defended by only one visible defender instead of the Assassin. Feel free to assign a sorc healer to try and plant an a bomb on a door.Feel free to assign a PT as sole defender of a node.

Seriously, recommend it to any team the group I'm in is up against. It would make my job [and everyone elses] a whole lot easier.

I been playing since 1.x, stop telling me what I'd like and how I should play PVP. You play however the hell you want.

I think you and I simply are using the word 'beating' in different contexts. You beat your enemies by winning the match, I beat my enemies with my fist. They both have their value.

P.S. Sometimes you're gonna get your *** kicked [i certainly do at times]. PVP's iffy like that. I can have fun even when my team loses. I don't play games to win, I play them to have fun. I'm fine with the size of my Dk.

If you play Rep toons on Star Forge you may want to queue now. The current batch of Imps in the queue is god awful. 5 straight losses because of people fighting a mile from Voidstar doors, turtling on the one node we owned midway through a Novare Coast, not focusing ball carriers in Huttball, and not responding to multiple(!) incoming calls from a lone node guard in Alderaan.

The latter did give me 3 solo kills but my back is only so strong. Snow, gone before it's time. Never forget. :(

I'm trying to summon the strength to hit that queue button again on my Imp toon, but the temptation to switch Rep side is now strong.

It gets bad at times if you happen to play late at night. I guess it's because of there being less people in the queue, you can't avoid the double premade and will probably get multiple matches against the same team.

I just set the achievement bar lower. It goes from "Let's see if we can win this" to "Let's see how long I can survive against focus & if I can take one or two of them with me." :D

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

If you play Rep toons on Star Forge you may want to queue now. The current batch of Imps in the queue is god awful. 5 straight losses because of people fighting a mile from Voidstar doors, turtling on the one node we owned midway through a Novare Coast, not focusing ball carriers in Huttball, and not responding to multiple(!) incoming calls from a lone node guard in Alderaan.

The latter did give me 3 solo kills but my back is only so strong. Snow, gone before it's time. Never forget. :(

I'm trying to summon the strength to hit that queue button again on my Imp toon, but the temptation to switch Rep side is now strong.

It gets bad at times if you happen to play late at night. I guess it's because of there being less people in the queue, you can't avoid the double premade and will probably get multiple matches against the same team.

I just set the achievement bar lower. It goes from "Let's see if we can win this" to "Let's see how long I can survive against focus." :D

There's good and bad on both sides. I do tend to think Imps are better at the fighting over all, but I also think Pubs are better at objectives over all. Someone else pointed this out previously, but it's asinine not to think that probably most of the pubs also play or have played Impside [i'm the odd-man out in that regard] . The classes are mirrors of one another, so what you can do on one side, you can do on the other.

Far as the double premade thingy, that's just the way it goes sometimes. Is it annoying? Yeah it is, but let's face it, PVP isn't only about skill, it's alot about class composition, I think pretty much most people are on the same page on that. I don't particularly mind losing sometimes. I try to win, but I can still have fun either way. The problem with going up against double-premades is more or less you know you are likely going to lose, but more importantly, it's just not fun getting your *** handed to you over and over and over again in succession. What makes it worse is when they have the nuts to talk yang to you, like you're getting your *** kicked because "your bads". The only people who do double-premades ARE bads. I would never join a double premade under any circumstances. Not that that's really an issue, as I have never even once seen or heard of a Imp double-premade. I'm sure it's probably happened a time or two, but at best it's anomaly. Pubs do it fairly regularly.

Sometimes you're just gonna get your *** kicked heh - You have a great attitude about it , that's a good way to look at it. I commend you on that!

Three or 4 of those in a row and I start to get a lil fumed under the collar! When that happens I usually just take a break for a while, hopefully you'll get out of sync with them in the quece and get back to having a snowball's chance in hell again!