Cartel Market Shipment Two: The Contraband Packs

CourtneyWoods

And of course, the best things of this game are the ones COPYED from Star Wars Galaxies:

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/newsImages/412012/swgskiff1.jpg

http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/08/1/5/9/02364203540305406.jpg

http://swg.gamona.de/images/upload/news/hover.jpg

http://swg.gamona.de/images/upload/news/podracer.jpg

You see....years before SWG, there was this thing called the Star Wars movies. You should really check them out, since they're pretty cool and, by the way, that's where three of your four "examples" came from. As for the fourth, well, that ugly-butt Wookie sitting on a hover-thing ain't exactly something I ever want to see copied again.....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a credit-spending customer i am happy. new packs have completely reworked rng and there is plenty of everything. GTN is literally flooded. 3 pages of Malak's jaw casing. Prices are dwindling.

Now as someone who would like to make credits of the packs - i am not happy. There isn't enough items dropping worth 600k+ to justify the average, 320k, price of the cartel pack. Once u got something rare in the old packs it was well-worth few million.

But i am happy with it in-general. don't change it.

Got to say I'm pretty happy with this pack in general.

My sole complaint is the Balmorran Hand "Cannons." When I got it in my pack I though awesome, but unfortunately there is nothing cannon about it. The sound effect is the same pew-pew sound for the default blaster.

BioWare please change this sound effect to some other sound with some thud behind it. I'd love for my twin cannons to actually sound like a gun with some impact. Please.

Wow they finally make some new gear and put it in pokemon collector packs. I'm done wasting real life money on these chances. I would buy some of the stuff if it was actually on the cartel market. I know none of the oufits so far on the market have been worth the over $10 price.

i will be glad that in a few months some fo items from the pack will be cheap on GTN, right now the stuff from the first packs is a reasonable price,

I have found the opposite, on my server a lot of the stuff from the first couple of packs is hard to get as no one buys those packs any more. That made me decide to keep back a lot of the doubled up gear from these packs to sell later. It looks like the best time to buy the gear from the GTN is around 1-2 weeks after the pack is released.

Love: There is loads of everything. No super-rare items worth of 10 mil on gtn. It's amazing how accessible everything is on gtn is.

Hate: Reputation grind... I want the uber crown of Avarice and it requires me to shell 14 million credits each month. Will I at least even out after selling the content of the packs? I doubt it. /sigh

Can you at least show a sneak peak of the legenary item of the next shipment's rep? ;)

Damn, you guys should stick just to one reputation track and update it each shipment... 70 mil is an abstraction to most of the players!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Awesome stuff ! Really like all the new speeders-but I bought 3 packs with cartel coins and once again , like the other packs I've bought.... no speeder.

Perhaps an adjustment or something to subscribers who buy multiple packs getting a reward other than a couple pairs of bracers/wrists.

very disappointed :-(

Awesome stuff ! Really like all the new speeders-but I bought 3 packs with cartel coins and once again , like the other packs I've bought.... no speeder.

Three packs aren't going to do it for you...I bought over 60 packs spread over 4 different characters. I got one Aratech Nethian. Not a single Skiff, just one speeder...

Not complaining as I sold the tat on the GTN for nearly 10million credits but one speeder in that many packs seems a bit rough?

Three packs aren't going to do it for you...I bought over 60 packs spread over 4 different characters. I got one Aratech Nethian. Not a single Skiff, just one speeder...

Not complaining as I sold the tat on the GTN for nearly 10million credits but one speeder in that many packs seems a bit rough?

yeh I hear ya , I've bought roughly 3 packs from each type as they were released and have never got any speeder , just some legs that look exactly like every other pair of legs some bracers and other junk that sells on the GTN for approx. 1k credits just saying it would be nice to actually get a speeder ...once. :-\

yeh I hear ya , I've bought roughly 3 packs from each type as they were released and have never got any speeder , just some legs that look exactly like every other pair of legs some bracers and other junk that sells on the GTN for approx. 1k credits just saying it would be nice to actually get a speeder ...once. :-\

I bought 30 packs or so and got really lucky. Got 3 aratech nethian speeders and 1 skiff and a hole bunch of orther great stuff!

Edited by Mutsie

Does anyone else not find it disappointing that they are putting all these resources into something we have to pay EXTRA for...? This stuff SHOULD be obtainable in-game (and no, buying from the GTN doesn't count) through achievements or other means without having to waste more than $15 a month on tokens for something that we have only a chance at getting, like was said before.

I am agreed with you on this i just got back to the game i thought it was ok that they went F2P and all that. But for us that pay Sub on the game why should we have to pay for all the kool thing on this so call cartel market. Subs players should have the opportunity to obtain this items via quest drops or other means that does not involve paying extra. Don you all think is good enough we are providing a very steady income to BW of $15.00 US dollars per month. Now if everyone go and buy this stuff from the Cartel market BW will be implementing more of this thing. This is just a beginning of another good game going down due to greed.

The items are all very cool.

One complaint though, the over-tuned conqueror's lightsaber looks nothing like it does in the picture here. In fact, it looks like the Volatile Conqueror's lightsaber but without the special effects on the blade:confused:

Quite frankly, I frowned when I read you are releasing yet another cartel pack. Is here going to be actual content updates sometime this decade? I have nothing against cartel packs as a whole, but I get the feeling they are used as a crutch now.