Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

AlexModny

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do get tired of skipping the cut-scene every time and being required to press Space Bar just to load the map.

A toggle to only bypass the WZ cut-scene has been asked so many times...

Add this along the feature to also be able to queue to specific WZ instead of being obliged to /quit the ones we don't like or try to enjoy them not to hinder others players...

here is an idea that i believe would help both sides have a more....neutral...winning chance :

Separate premade groups from random pug pvp queues. I believe it is sad for a certain side to get dominated just because a random group of strangers are set up against an organized team that rule the whole match from the first seconds.

Just my 2 creds. Cheers :D

Edited by Sarkos

here is an idea that i believe would help both sides have a more....neutral...winning chance :

Separate premade groups from random pug pvp queues. I believe it is sad for a certain side to get dominated just because a random group of strangers are set up against an organized team that rule the whole match from the first seconds.

Just my 2 creds. Cheers :D

2 points to this, what's to stop you from doing that yourself. Having a pre-made isn't necessarily what you think it is as well. A lot of times it's just as simple as guildies grouping for pvp dailies, no vent, no coordination, just pvp.

add that, one of the basic rules of pvp in this type of environment is communication. If yo uare going to have any chance of winning you must have that. Lack of of that, and you are doomed to failure. Thus understanding that at least half of all pre-mades aren't very good, then you just have to be better than them. Which just means being able to communicate. if you go in thinking you're against a pre-made and you're gonna lose, then chances are that will happen. Even further, you can typically tell if people are communicating via voice chat. Coordination is quicker and less. What I mean by this is calling out for help at pylon and if you're not in a voice chat, 5 people come running to kill one person. doing that in voice chat and only 1 or 2 people come.

Here is a good idea..Unranked solo arenas and unranked solo queue arenas. SO PEOPLE CAN PRACTICE and get better!

I agree. There needs to be a place where people can practice and get better. It could potentially solve a couple of issues as well.

for example: one of the big qq's is pre-mades in unranked. Well, if a ranked type player and team want to actually get better, then they need to play together. They need to learn each others tendencies and work out strategies. Just going into a ranked arena cold isn't the smartest way to do things.

Thus, if there is a place to practice, say a non-rated ranked pvp, I think you'd get good players, teams, pre-mades etc... to join. It would make for better matches, learning, and fun. Basically a place where you don't have to risk your ranking to play a good match. And again, it could potentially take a lot of pre-mades out of standard unranked, and possibly end a lot of the qq about it.

In terms of definition - I've posted this before - but I would say any ranked match means min of 2018 expertise, non-bolstered, pre-req of an advanced class with all talent points used. Thus the definition of a non-rated ranked match means everyone is in full pvp gear, no bolster allowed.

• 2 months later...
I'll bite. First and foremost - bring back 8v8 ranked. secondly for the new wz - maybe have something similar to the alderaan wz but just a different setting like maybe a fight on kashyykk. Honestly any iconic place that was maybe shown in the movies or from the kotor series - make a wz out of it Edited by Rilok_Singz

Hello Warzone Aficionados!

We are starting our pre-production (ideation stage, if you are into buzzwords) for the next Warzone and we want to get your ideas for a new Warzone!

We have a few ideas (even got a few prototypes on the backburner) on what we would like to do and what we *think* you would like but we want to hear your ideas before we move forward with a design!

Remember when you post, the more information the better. Layout pictures and descriptions always help, some of us are visual learners =P Think about and post your thoughts on how will the scoring work? What is the goal for each player? Will some players have different goals? How can players make a come-from-behind victory? Is this fun? The more questions you ask yourself about a design that you can answer and feel good about, the better the design.

Please make sure you understand that this is not a vote. Even if there is a consensus on a specific idea that everyone wants that is no guarantee that we will develop it. Also there is no guarantee that we will develop an idea that is suggested. We want to gather ideas on what you want from the next warzone so we can make something ya'll want!

Also please note that this Warzone will not be released Live during the current Road Map.

Looking forward to reading what yall have in mind!

Cheers! :w_smile:

Name: Alamo

Game Type: Warzone or Arena

Description: Metal platform area that levitates or hovers above a fire or lava pit that players must battle against each other for a crown or ball that is located in the center of the map where six ramps lead up to the crown or ball.

Each team must capture the crown or ball and return it to an area located on there side of the map to register 1 of 6 total scores that each team can register. Or whichever team has the most goals in a 15 minute timeframe.

Things of Note:

- Each side is given a heal or damage buff orb that players must decide whether the buff is worth the time to retrieve.

- If players are knocked off the metal platform into the fire they will obviously need to respawn. Because you know death.

- Four pillars are located strategically at the top of the "hill" for line of sight purposes.

I have included the jpg along with the original PSD files for anyone who wishes to tweak.

Dropbox Download Link

Preview Image (Hosted on imgur)

Edit: Another version of the game

If you wish to take away the Huttball element. Teams can capture the crown or ball at the top of the platform and are required to hold it in the center of the map for a total of 600 points. The first team to hit 0 wins.

Edited by murkin

You think it takes 3 months to conceptualize, design, and program a war zone?

Lol, shorter. A single person can fix the entire concept in a matter of weeks.

Then it might take a small team of 4-5 people to build the whole thing in maybe 1-2 weeks.

They can't stick everything in 3.0 hopefully they're holding back a warzone for 3.1.

Although I did notice that Alex Modny posted some GSF info the other day so maybe the 1 man pvp team is a man down at the moment.

You think it takes 3 months to conceptualize, design, and program a war zone?

Less actually, maps are not that hard to do as long as you are not having to create all new prop models from scratch. (Which considering every spaceport in the game is the same, is something BW doesn't do)

Edited by Zoom_VI

My feeble ideas (not that anyone really cares, I do understand! But I can't bypass threads like this without starting to think about stuff.)

Belsavis Game of Tug

is a Very Important Prisoner on Belsavis. Both the Empire and the Republic want the Prisoner (it could be a few different ones, like in Bounty Hunting week). The game will have a section of a prison, where the ‘target’ starts, Jungle Section for the Chase, and, yeah the ‘finish’ nodes. The goal will be to ‘subdue’ the Prisoner. Whichever teams deals more damage to the Prisoner makes him/her follow the Ops Leader. The damage can be offset with healing. The ownership is transferred. Both leaders are dead – the Prisoner starts doing his/her own thing, running away AND fighting back.

Herding Manka Cats

I envision the ball becoming a net, with players bagging the big aggressive scary and fast Manka Cats for the amusement of the Hutts in a parody of Gladiatorial games that involved the beasts. Whoever bags more cats... and brings them into the pens, wins! Some pens would be super-desirable and hard to access... some... not so much! :) Oh, what the use... I just like the title.

*ducks the rotten vegetables thrown her way*