RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

Which is why I think it would have affected very little to combine them, yet give the RPers more people to RP with.

Just as you can't PvP without others, you can't RP without others, too.

Again, just an observation and opinion, don't flame me.

Combining all European RP-PVP servers into one would actually have been a good idea, which Bioware unfortunately has squandered in favour of a less optimal solution.

And I do not flame. I snark. :D

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone believes their own circumstances are a special situation. A transfer by any other name is still just a transfer.

We are still examining this unique situation with the three European RP-PvP servers and we are working on various possible scenarios and what their impact will be.

It is a special situation. The dev team have already made an exception to their "Transfers will always respect server type designation" rule by allowing transfers onto pure PvP servers in the first place. EU RP-PvP players haven't been given any reason why another exception can't be made to accommodate the more RP-minded, simply that it's "policy" to have only one destination server per origin.

If it's a technical limitation within the system, I think there would be a lot more understanding about the decision. Still frustration, still disappointment, but at least people would know why. I'm still waiting for clarification on that point.

It is a special situation. The dev team have already made an exception to their "Transfers will always respect server type designation" rule by allowing transfers onto pure PvP servers in the first place. EU RP-PvP players haven't been given any reason why another exception can't be made to accommodate the more RP-minded, simply that it's "policy" to have only one destination server per origin.

If it's a technical limitation within the system, I think there would be a lot more understanding about the decision. Still frustration, still disappointment, but at least people would know why. I'm still waiting for clarification on that point.

My situation is unique to. I have characters on multiple servers and would like to move all the bigger ones to one server. I am sure others are in this situation. Others want to change to a server to be on the same one as their friends. This is a unique situation.

And if it had been the other way around. People would be claiming that they wanted to go to an PVP server because PVP is important to them. There were to sides to this coin. BW chose one. You are not happy with the choice. As someone else would not have been happy with the other choice.

We were all told to reroll on another server when our populations dropped. Roll on Jedi Covenant, Roll on Fatman.

Were you told to roll on another server? (If not may I take this time to...)

As you said you are waiting on clarification. I don't think there needs to be clarification with what has be stated. What we need to wait on is to find out what the next phase of transfers is going to be.

My situation is unique to. I have characters on multiple servers and would like to move all the bigger ones to one server. I am sure others are in this situation. Others want to change to a server to be on the same one as their friends. This is a unique situation.

And if it had been the other way around. People would be claiming that they wanted to go to an PVP server because PVP is important to them. There were to sides to this coin. BW chose one. You are not happy with the choice. As someone else would not have been happy with the other choice.

We were all told to reroll on another server when our populations dropped. Roll on Jedi Covenant, Roll on Fatman.

Were you told to roll on another server? (If not may I take this time to...)

As you said you are waiting on clarification. I don't think there needs to be clarification with what has be stated. What we need to wait on is to find out what the next phase of transfers is going to be.

Your situation is unique to what? Oh, you mean it's unique, too?

There's nothing unique about that situation. You chose to roll toons on different servers, and now you want them together. Big deal. So did I. I have 2 toons I would really love to consolidate with my current legacy. A lvl 50 (my very first character, to whom I'm very attached) and a lvl 38 that I abandoned when the population on my original server died in February. I think there are lots of people who have that. And for those characters, I was willing to wait for paid transfers if I had no other choice. There's certainly nothing unique about that situation. I, like you, and probably very many others, chose to roll new characters elsewhere.

What I wasn't willing to wait for was an equitable solution to this mess they've created on Lord Calypho and the other EU RP-PVP servers. And what they did was not equitable, at least not for the whole of the population.

So you don't think you need clarification? Good for you. Then you have no reason to come back to this thread and keep up with it, unless you just enjoy griefing those of us who do believe clarification is in order. Nothing you can say is going to make us believe any less that we have gotten a raw deal, and that we want a resolution that takes our needs and opinions as paying customers into account, or at the very least some indication of what future plans might be to rectify this, and under what time frame.

And no, rerolling isn't an option. Did anyone else have to reroll as a result of these transfers? Then why should we? The point is that every other player got to move to a server of the same type they were playing on before. We didn't. They couldn't offer us that. So instead they made a decision for us, and it's one that absolutely doesn't fit the needs or desires of a large number of people on these servers. Some might be okay with rerolling. I'm not. I've been through that already once, when I abandoned those two characters I mentioned above. Not happening again. I'd rather chuck this game out the window and go play something else than start from scratch a third time. It's just plain insulting to even recommend that option to me.

And, finally, there were two sides to this coin, just as you say. And rather than looking at both sides, BW chose one, and screwed those of us for whom the other was the only viable option. Being a victim of policy doesn't make any of us any less victims.

Due to the fact that PvE and PvP are two fundamentally different server rulesets, the choice to open PvP server destinations made the most sense.

This line here makes me think that there are no technical difficulties standing in the way for transferring from a pve server to a pvp.

For players that feel that the RP-PvP experience is more important, there is no requirement to leave the RP-PvP server, and we encourage players who prefer the RP-PvP playstyle to continue playing on these servers.

Utter ********. You encourage us to stay? Really? I thought the whole point of the server merges was to create fewer but healthier servers. No bioware, you do not encourage us to stay, you encourage us to move away and you funnel us in one direction. If you truly cared about the RP-PvP servers you would've found a way to let our server be a destination when the server merges began, because back then Lord Calypho was probably one of the more heavily populated servers in comparison to a lot of others.

I myself would simply like to hear bioware confirm whether we'll be allowed to transfer to whatever server we want to in the future. Even if it has to be a paid service, I want to know when or if the option will be accessible. Right now I cannot play my main character. I'm levelling an alt on the progenitor server to kill some time, but I've got this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, constantly. Anxiety. I've put so many hours into this game and I don't want to stop playing. But I refuse to allow myself to go along with this garbage, I should not be forced to play on a server that I would under no other circumstances roll on.

Heck, two days ago Lord Calypho still had a population high enough that I could play and enjoy the game, do my dailies etc. It's disgraceful that Bioware killed the server when it was one of the few that actually fared well for a longer period of time. It's outright depressing.

Edited by Notannos
language

Actually, the decision in no way affects me on a personal level. I'm not in Europe and not on an RP-PvP server. My transfer came through the first week they were offered. It does disappoint me that, in this situation, they went with an option that alienates a potentially sizable segment of the population on those servers. I still maintain that, unless there are coding issues hamstringing the process, a choice of server types could have been a viable solution in this particular circumstance.

When there are posters asserting that the only reason this decision was made is that the transfer system doesn't have the technical capability to handle multiple destinations per origin server, and that therefore disgruntled players should simply deal with it, I prefer to get confirmation from someone with access to the actual data at hand. I also believe that it would improve community relations if 1) It really is something they can't do right now, rather than something they won't do, and 2) They choose to release that information to the players. It's much easier to stomach an unpalatable decision if people can understand and accept the reasons behind it.

Again, I'm not affected by this, but I feel for the players who have a tough choice in front of them.

No, your situation isn't unique. I bet about half the players playing this game have characters on several servers. Your situation is the reason they made the policy in the first place.

Lord Calyphos situation on the other hand is unique. We're the only server with an rp-pvp designation (unique=one of a kind, you can look it up if you don't belive me), hence we were supposed to get a uniqe sollution to solve our problem. It took them 2 weeks and the result was that they screwed over a large part of the server in favour for a majority. The minority have every right to complain and say that their sollution wasn't unique and that it didn't solve the problem simply because it didn't.

I'll give you an example of what has happened with another product to make this more clear for you.

You buy a car, this car is offered with manual or automatic gearbox and in pink or blue. You buy a blue car with auto gears. Later on a problem with the car is realized and the company making the car withdraws them and offer you the same car as you had before, but new in exchange. Unfortionatly they've stopped making the blue cars with auto gear, so you naturally belive that you will be given the chiose between a blue car with manual gears or a pink car with auto. They promise you that they will come up with a sollution to this problem. After thinking about this for a very long time and without giving you any information they one day come and deliver a pink car with auto gears to your door and with the explanation that they belive the gearbox to be more important to the driving experience then the color. They are ofcourse correct, but that means you're stuck driving around in a pink car.

Would you feel like you had been treated fairly?

This line here makes me think that there are no technical difficulties standing in the way for transferring from a pve server to a pvp.

The technical difficulties isn't the fact that they can go from PVE to PVP. It is going to PVE or PVP. Or in this case.

From RP-PVP to PVP or RP-PVE. They can only chose one server as a destination server. For some they chose right for some they choose wrong.

Edited by Ranid

Stuff

Good to see a clarification,( I´m happy with the transfer I got,) but I think it would go a long way if you clarified if the RP guys are gonna get the possibility to transfer to a RP server in the future (paid or free). Because leaving players in the dark is pretty lame. And be forced to play on a dead server is even lamer.

The technical difficulties isn't the fact that they can go from PVE to PVP. It is going to PVE or PVP. Or in this case.

From RP-PVP to PVP or RP-PVE. They can only chose one server as a destination server. For some they chose right for some they chose wrong.

And this is why players are requesting clarification. If you have concrete, inside knowledge of how the system works, please cite your source. If not, don't be surprised when people refuse to accept an argument based on a questionable premise.

No, your situation isn't unique. I bet about half the players playing this game have characters on several servers. Your situation is the reason they made the policy in the first place.

Lord Calyphos situation on the other hand is unique. We're the only server with an rp-pvp designation (unique=one of a kind, you can look it up if you don't belive me), hence we were supposed to get a uniqe sollution to solve our problem. It took them 2 weeks and the result was that they screwed over a large part of the server in favour for a majority. The minority have every right to complain and say that their sollution wasn't unique and that it didn't solve the problem simply because it didn't.

I'll give you an example of what has happened with another product to make this more clear for you.

You buy a car, this car is offered with manual or automatic gearbox and in pink or blue. You buy a blue car with auto gears. Later on a problem with the car is realized and the company making the car withdraws them and offer you the same car as you had before, but new in exchange. Unfortionatly they've stopped making the blue cars with auto gear, so you naturally belive that you will be given the chiose between a blue car with manual gears or a pink car with auto. They promise you that they will come up with a sollution to this problem. After thinking about this for a very long time and without giving you any information they one day come and deliver a pink car with auto gears to your door and with the explanation that they belive the gearbox to be more important to the driving experience then the color. They are ofcourse correct, but that means you're stuck driving around in a pink car.

Well as you have said in this situation. That really doesn't apply to me. I don't know how to drive a stick. And a Car is a Car whether it is blue or Pink.

Edited by Ranid

And this is why players are requesting clarification. If you have concrete, inside knowledge of how the system works, please cite your source. If not, don't be surprised when people refuse to accept an argument based on a questionable premise.

That is the way WOW free transfers work. The destination transfer is only one server.

When you pay for a transfer to any server you want. You submit a request and then someone manually transfers your character. This is why it takes a bit longer.

Why would BW do it differently? They probably bought the code and adapted it to the server system. Game companies don't write all their own code anymore. Take the Hero Engine for example.

Well as you have said in this situation. That really doesn't apply to me. I don't know how to drive a stick. And a Car is a Car whether it is blue or Pink.

This concerns only european servers. Why are you as an american interested in what happends to our servers?

However there is nothing essentially wrong with your blue car with auto gears. A lot of people think that it's better to have the pink car, a lot of people drive the pink car. You still have the choice to keep the blue car, in fact as time goes on that blue car will become more and more exclusive. In months to come you may be one of the very few to be driving a blue car with auto gears. You could stick to your guns and be one of the elusive few to have that blue car.You could be exclusive. Unless of course you cave in and take the pink car, well it's more fun when everyone is driving it.

Do I agree with what I just said? No. I'm just sticking by the rules of the analogy.

I hate analogies.

This concerns only european servers. Why are you as an american interested in what happends to our servers?

The decisions that are made for this server affect every server as it is a change in there policy. I pay money for the service too and I was only allowed the choice of once server that was effectively chosen for me.

But here is another little reason I have been holding back as to why they have done what they have done. They will make more money by everyone trying to get to where they want to go. Whether it be to a friends server. To consolidate all there characters. Or you to move to an RP server.

EA said "Tell them it is Cake and let them eat it". But alas it was only bread with sugar sprinkled upon it. EA wants our money in paid transfers. (Unfortunately I will probably pay to get my high level character to where he wants to go.)

So yes the decision made here if there is another transfer to get where you wanted to go. Others will cry out foul and stamp there feet and Chant just as has been going on here. I will cancel my sub.

The whole community is watching. :eek:

I appreciate us finally getting an answer even though it is not what i had hoped it would be. And from what i can muster, the remaining population on Lord Calypho is so tiny now it's probably only a tiny spec on Biowares radar (That is to say if it wasn't a spec already, which i'm fairly sure it was). I just hope that from behind their big desks and piles of slowly depleting money they will notice that, a community consisting of less than 20 people on at one time ,and of varied levels, cannot survive. Yes the remaining population may be rp'ers but as said previously by someone "We like the rest of your game too". Why should any of the remaining population be limited to that because they made the choice not to move to a server which has had 20 other servers as their destination already.

"Due to the fact that PvE and PvP are two fundamentally different server rulesets"

While i can "somewhat" understand what your saying, are you trying to imply that Rp and non-RP have the exact same rulesets now? If so then why have RP servers at all? As far as i'm aware the only thing that creates a difference between pve and pvp servers is the ability to world pvp at your own leisure. And lets not kid ourselves Bioware, your world pvp is non-existant outside of being ganked. You can still do warzones on a pve server and you can still do ops content on a pvp one. And provided there are enough players in the population, these options will always be there for your enjoyment regardless of what server type you are on.

The remaining rp'ers could move and sure they could start a small rp community on ToFN but when people quit or reroll who would fill those blank rp spaces, i doubt other rp'ers would flood to a pure pvp server to RP of all things. And i doubt new players would select it as it is NOT and RP server. This is completly setting aside the fact the the PVP population might not even be tolerant of any RP should any happen there.

So, yes, i can understand your decision to cater your choice to the fickle pvp population that would have outright quit your game should you not give them what they desire. But don't try to cover it up with lots of words and a smile because the situation isn't nearly as complicated as you're making it out to be. There would have been nothing to prevent PVP'ers doing warzones on an RP server, the option would have been there and (unlike if we attempted rp on a pvp server) the option would not die out unless the population did.

I hope you enjoy watching the slow and painful death of the server you claim to care so much about.

Lots of Love xxx

We are paying costumers and you need to work this out.

Im pretty sure all that wants to transfer to the Tomb will have done so this week.. After that you could just allow us to move to the The Proginitor.

Hi folks,

We wanted to maintain this type of server as an option for players and we felt that the current players that were already on these servers (who specifically selected an RP-PvP playstyle) didn’t want to change that, so we left them untouched. However, after the character transfer service process began, we immediately saw that many players on European RP-PvP servers wanted to have the option to move to a higher population server.

So it was just like i stated earlier in this thread: Your team didnt have situation awereness enough to understand that most ppl wants to play an MMO with other ppl? Why wasn't there communication between you and the server residents before that decision was made? -Did you really think you know what we want better then we do?

Since our policy for Free Character Transfers is to only allow one destination server per origin server, we had to decide: will we allow these players to transfer to an RP-PvE server or a PvP server?

YOU created this uniqe situation and YOU should deliver a solution. Change the policy if it shows not to work for your entire customerbase, why would you want to keep a broken policy? Just make an exception and be done with it.

For players that feel that the RP-PvP experience is more important, there is no requirement to leave the RP-PvP server, and we encourage players who prefer the RP-PvP playstyle to continue playing on these servers.

You should give the residents of Lord Calypho (And other servers like it) free gametime until you can deliver to them, the game experience they're paying you for.

Please keep in mind that this is all part of our initial phase of the Character Transfer Service and that we will be monitoring the situation closely on these three servers going forward. Your feedback is very important and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts during the process.

You know, this statement of yours should have been posted -BEFORE- you initiated the transfer to TOFN. I mean....what are you saying here? Is there a chance that LC roleplayers might get moved to a RP-PVE server in phase 2? Or What?

You need to be clear with your possible scenarios or you WILL make people feel cheated. Like the roleplayers that gave up and moved to TOFN now...how will they feel of the rest of LC gets moved to a RP server?

Thats my oppinion. And i was personally happy to move to TOFN, but am very critical to how this entire thing was handled by BW.

Please...do not ever be arrogant enough to assume that you know what the playerbase wants, better then they do.

Do not come here on forums and outright lie (Saying you have no new info, ofc you had - you could've mentioned what possible solutions were being discussed) to the playerbase.

Stuff like this entire ordeal is insulting and agitating, and if you keep that up - you'll never get to live it down.

For all those who don't speak silver tongued politician here is a rough translation.

"The room is about to fill with poisonous gas, the exit is over there. However, if you feel like you want to stay then we encourage you to do so and respect your right to die"

Good show Bioware. Good show.

-From RP perspective

It would've been good if we actually got a full answer, and that is, will roleplayers ever be moved to Progenitor.

That's all we cared to know about, so we can make a decision.

Well... basically i pay you money to shake me up and carry me out of there becaus you need to kill the zombiecrowd outside the room as well...

I still dont know what i should do, and take it, we wont get an answer when another kind of transfer is enabled, or even if BW will have the decency to enable target servers of the kind we want now from Tomb of Freedon Nadd... i am afraid in the next phase we get, *oh we do allow not multiple targets, but rp/pve is not the same type as pvp*.

-From RP perspective

It would've been good if we actually got a full answer, and that is, will roleplayers ever be moved to Progenitor.

That's all we cared to know about, so we can make a decision.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but that's never stopped me before. :jawa_wink:

I don't think this is coming. I think Bioware is far too afraid of the outcry from all those who transferred to the one server they were pre-destined for (i.e. everyone who transferred throughout this process) if we get a choice and they didn't. Never mind the uniqueness of our case. As can plainly be seen by some of the posts in this thread by certain, um, people, other players are watching this situation closely and are just waiting to pounce and QQ til their eyes bleed if we get to choose and they didn't. I think that will prevent Bioware from even seriously considering a second round of free transfers next week or ever for those of us still on LC, or those that took the free transfer to ToFN and now regret it. I think our best hope is a paid transfer at some point, even though I refuse to do that.

I'll be first to eat my words if they come on here and say (and follow it up by doing) otherwise. But I'd sooner bet on the world ending this December.

So it's one server destination per server. Fine. LC had ToFN as its destination. Why can't ToFN have The Progenitor as its destination? So that the RP'ers can move away? Edited by Kiyosa

So it's one server destination per server. Fine. LC had ToFN as its destination. Why can't ToFN The Progenitor as his? So that the RP'ers can move away?

Ha! This is brilliant!

Are you reading this, Bioware?! This is the answer. No policies broken, no (fake) technological limitations breeched. The only trick would be that we'd each have to wait 72 hours after our transfer to ToFN before we could transfer again. I can handle 72 hours on ToFN if I know I'm going to The Progenitor afterwards.

But if you do this, BW, you need to tell us. Because I (and most others still vocal on this thread) would never move to ToFN of our own volition unless it was a waypoint to get to The Progenitor. If I got stuck there, I'd scream bloody murder (and I can scream loud!).

Damn, Kiyosa. Are you in Mensa?