Aric Jorgan romance

americanaussie

Finally getting around to doing the trooper story. I did a couple of flirts with Jorgan (although I much prefer Balkar) but I need to ask...the romance moves SUPER fast with Jorgan ordering everyone out for some private time. You CANNOT say NO. All choices lead to sexy time. Did anyone else feel uncomfortable about this? Usually I'm all for romance but this one feels sickening fast and rapey with you only saying yes. I'm not normally someone with a problem about this (maybe it's cause I was saving her for Theron :p ) please tell me im not alone in feeling this way. I considered skipping it but I wanted to complete the quests. Can you say no to marrying him? :eek:

Finally getting around to doing the trooper story. I did a couple of flirts with Jorgan (although I much prefer Balkar) but I need to ask...the romance moves SUPER fast with Jorgan ordering everyone out for some private time. You CANNOT say NO. All choices lead to sexy time. Did anyone else feel uncomfortable about this? Usually I'm all for romance but this one feels sickening fast and rapey with you only saying yes. I'm not normally someone with a problem about this (maybe it's cause I was saving her for Theron :p ) please tell me im not alone in feeling this way. I considered skipping it but I wanted to complete the quests. Can you say no to marrying him? :eek:

I'm sorry, I didn't get that feeling from Jorgan's romance. I do remember it feeling like "I'm randy and you're the only one around, so.."

I also don't remember not being able to say no, to any of the romances in the game.Have you been trying not to be rude? My husband got roped into a romance with Nadia because he was trying to be nice to her, and eventually she decided they were romancing and he couldn't get out of it. Maybe that's what happened to you?

Pretty sure that you can turn down any companions marriage proposal but you should post here anyway when you find out for sure. I only turned down a couple proposals myself. You know, from the uggos. The uggos that someone somewhere likes so I won't mention them by name.

Oh and ps if you don't want your Jorgan I could always use an extra one :D

I also don't remember not being able to say no, to any of the romances in the game.Have you been trying not to be rude? My husband got roped into a romance with Nadia because he was trying to be nice to her, and eventually she decided they were romancing and he couldn't get out of it. Maybe that's what happened to you?

I think you can avoid romances by not choosing flirt options (not sure about this), but I don't like that the premarital sexytimes are not avoidable. Especially on a Jedi, where you'd think they'd be more conservative here. With Nadia, prior to the marriage convo, when she's ready to have sex, despite having rebuffed her previously, your options are "I wanted to make sure you were ready," "About time," and "Okay, let's get to it then." Why is there no option for your Jedi to go, "Wait now. I'm not ready for this and would like to wait." They're banking on the fairly sexist assumption that men always want sex under any circumstances (for nice guys, only if the woman's comfortable with it) and would never decline such an invitation from a woman he's expressed interest in. I mean, I know marriage/romance isn't sticking to the Jedi way already, but I was hoping to be able to keep my Jedi man relatively conservative in such matters. But nope. The game gives you no "No thanks, let's wait" option at all. Or even a, "Oh, I like you, but I'm not sure I want to get that serious with you," option. In other words, if your options are "Yes, thanks," "Yes," and "Hell, yes," that's not really a choice. For a game built on the idea that "choices matter", that's really not the way it should be.

You know, from the uggos. The uggos that someone somewhere likes so I won't mention them by name.

That's why I use companion customizations for some of the LI companions. Some of them are just for variety, but some, I wouldn't romance them at all if I had only the default option.

LOL. Good to know about Nadia. I have a male consular because I didn't like the female consular's LI or voice really.

On my female JK, every convo has a no. I turned Doc down after flit ting by saying I wouldnt risk everything for a fling. The second go as a jk I flirted with him but never kissed and still got the marriage proposal. I told him that I wanted things as they are and poor Doc replied that we hadn't kissed so he didn't know what that meant. Poor doc. :p

I kinda was testing the waters with Jorgan. But after the kiss flirt, I decided against pursuing it on my trooper since it really was so unprofessional and she didn't want to risk her whole career. I was set on choosing no but there was no no. My hubby laughed from across the room saying that's what happens when you lead a guy on like that. They don't accept no. He was lucky he was across the room then left laughing. Fair enough as I fell off my chair laughing when he chose a flirt option in one of his playstation games then ended up being in a gay relationship that he couldn't get out of. :p

You can tell him you're not into him. He will still propose. You can tell him you don't want to marry him. He will still ask you to adopt a litter with him. You can tell him no. He will still send you the 3 gifts talking about how much he loves you and can't wait to start a family with you. :p

You can tell him you're not into him. He will still propose. You can tell him you don't want to marry him. He will still ask you to adopt a litter with him. You can tell him no. He will still send you the 3 gifts talking about how much he loves you and can't wait to start a family with you. :p

I just finished the Trooper story line for the second time. None of that happens if you don't flirt with him.

To the OP. I didn't think it moved that fast, but it may have felt faster than I remember, since the companion stories show up faster than they did before. Before, it took forever to move through a companions missions.. Also, it's not like we have a group of people who are in safe places and I've never seen anyone in Star Wars spouting Earth style religious values, of "No pre-marital sex"

Not even the Jedi say "No sex"

What do the Jedi say? No attachments. Which is explained on Tython. You get that romantic/love attachment going, you're less likely to see the big picture and make choices based around the big picture.

One of the reasons you wouldn't want two married soldiers doing the same dangerous mission together. :p Not many would want to sacrifice the love of their life, to save the life of a millions or just a dozen others.

Would you save the life of the love of your life, who may save a few others, or the doctor who will save billions, if he doesn't die, because he just figured out the cure for something, but never left his work for others? :p

Also, as we see with Master Fain in the Consular story, Jedi have kids and stay attached to them. Satele Shan didn't, but that always felt less, Jedi way, and more, the father is gone. :p

What do the Jedi say? No attachments. Which is explained on Tython. You get that romantic/love attachment going, you're less likely to see the big picture and make choices based around the big picture.

One of the reasons you wouldn't want two married soldiers doing the same dangerous mission together. Not many would want to sacrifice the love of their life, to save the life of a millions or just a dozen others.

Reminds me of a show called Haven, it's a pretty good example of what you're describing. (It's on netflix by the way, if anyone needs something sci-fi'ish, mystery'ish, romantic'ish and goofy'ish to watch) It's a silly show but the part that's interesting to me is that the two main characters won't sacrifice themselves or each other no matter how "good" they think they are. I could probably say more about it but anyway, that's the gist and I can't think of a way to tie it in with Aric Jorgan..:o

Edited by grania

Reminds me of a show called Haven, it's a pretty good example of what you're describing. (It's on netflix by the way, if anyone needs something sci-fi'ish, mystery'ish, romantic'ish and goofy'ish to watch) It's a silly show but the part that's interesting to me is that the two main characters won't sacrifice themselves or each other no matter how "good" they think they are. I could probably say more about it but anyway, that's the gist and I can't think of a way to tie it in with Aric Jorgan..:o

It's been shown in a few shows and movies. Star Trek: DS9 has an episode where Worf screwed up a whole mission, because he wouldn't put the very important mission ahead of his wife. After that, they weren't sent out on missions together again.

Though the funny part is, when it comes to light side and dark side choices, the light side choice is always to save the one right there, rather than worry about the millions else where :p

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't think any of these issues are unique to Jorgan. I've played several romances so far and read up on the rest, and it seems all companion personal quests now move quickly since the Eternal Throne expansion; romances only kick off if you flirt with them first; and once you start flirting there doesn't seem to be any way to "break up."

I'm also not really fond of BioWare's new(ish) approach to romance, where sexy time is firmly scheduled in the romance. After you hit a certain milestone you have to sleep with them, or break up if breaking up is even possible. I loved how in DAO your character had a say in when and how sex went down. You could ask your partner to bed first (and could do so by flirting aggressively or softly/romantically), or ask to wait after they proposition you; and you can and even approach them later after asking to wait and still get the love scene. Now you put out on schedule or no romance at all. (Kind of makes the romances feel less personal since your character has no say in when and how such an intimate relationship moment happens.)

This is also why I never flirt unless I'm ready to see the romance through to the end. I've been "ninja-manced" by enough BioWare love interests in the past, who thought we were in a "until death do us part" serious relationship after I gave one casual complement, that now I hoard my compliments like a dragon hoards its gold.

Edited by TwilekTrekker

Yeah with the fe/et romances, there's no way to start up a relationship after that one moment if you decide you get lonely later because your real LI never came back, and no way to break it off at the end of it. Or have one of those relationships where you break up and get back together a lot, because maybe that would be fun too!

It's really very strict. I understand it might be difficult to code so much branching dialogue, but it seems like it would be a priority, at least, to give players on ramps and off ramps more often. *shrug*

Yeah with the fe/et romances, there's no way to start up a relationship after that one moment if you decide you get lonely later because your real LI never came back, and no way to break it off at the end of it. Or have one of those relationships where you break up and get back together a lot, because maybe that would be fun too!

It's really very strict. I understand it might be difficult to code so much branching dialogue, but it seems like it would be a priority, at least, to give players on ramps and off ramps more often. *shrug*

True. I'm rethinking my JK's romance with Doc after the KOTET, if Arcann becomes an option later on. There's definitely a connection there between manipulation by a third party; aka Valkorian.