1.2 - New Rakata Itemization

antonmb

The itemization/mods inside Rakata gear on the PTS are MUCH better. However, will we be allowed to trade in our current Rakata gear for the new ones then?

Right now, the Rakata mods I already have (some pulled out) are NOT retroactively affected by this change - however, the Rakata pieces on my companion for example, whose mods I didn't change, WERE affected by the new itemization. If this is the case, then it's like we'll have to work on grabbing our sets all over again just because 1.2 Rakata mods > 1.1.x Rakata mods. So I do hope there will be retroactive change, even if the mods have been pulled out.

Secondly, the Battlemaster Mods/Enhancements have the same stat budgets as Rakatas, but with +expertise. So, it feels like you can just grind WZ commendations, pull out the BM mods, and slot them in and get Rakata-level/equal stats +expertise. Is this intended? Or do the devs intend to reduce the secondary stat budgets on the BM gear because of the added expertise on the mods/enhancements?

Edited by antonmb

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sentiments exactly. That or, since the Rakata companion gear I have that I didn't touch seemed to have been affected by the new itemization. Does that mean we just have to put back the original mods, so when 1.2 hits, we get the change also?

Would really like to see a dev response on this, because I don't want to be penalized for min/maxing with Columi mods/enhancements.

I tried putting in back the original mods of my modified Rakata pieces, logged in and out, sold and bought back from vendor; but no changes.

I guess we'll just have to slot back the original mods/enhancements in live before 1.2 to take advantage of the better itemization. Because the original mods were sitting in my bank and were unaffected.

The itemization/mods inside Rakata gear on the PTS are MUCH better. However, will we be allowed to trade in our current Rakata gear for the new ones then?

Right now, the Rakata mods I already have (some pulled out) are NOT retroactively affected by this change - however, the Rakata pieces on my companion for example, whose mods I didn't change, WERE affected by the new itemization. If this is the case, then it's like we'll have to work on grabbing our sets all over again just because 1.2 Rakata mods > 1.1.x Rakata mods. So I do hope there will be retroactive change, even if the mods have been pulled out.

Secondly, the Battlemaster Mods/Enhancements have the same stat budgets as Rakatas, but with +expertise. So, it feels like you can just grind WZ commendations, pull out the BM mods, and slot them in and get Rakata-level/equal stats +expertise. Is this intended? Or do the devs intend to reduce the secondary stat budgets on the BM gear because of the added expertise on the mods/enhancements?

Hey, some answers.

1. Yes, we have updated the stat distribution on Rakata gear with 1.2.

2. If you have not modified your gear, it will seamlessly update the mods inside when you log into the game the first time after the patch has been applied.

3. If you have modified your gear, it will retain any changes you have made. Any mods you didn't change out will update.

4. Restoring the original mods into the item, before 1.2, will cause them to upgrade at the time of the patch.

The problem, of course, is that if you hand modified your gear, we ultimately have no way of knowing what your intention was. Maybe you wanted to use the mod you removed somewhere else, maybe you just wanted to replace it. We cannot make any assumption as to the intention of individual users when modding the item, preventing us from upgrading already modified items post fact.

TL;DR: Any 'original' mod in an updated item will upgrade with the patch. Any 'foreign' mod added to an item will be left untouched.

Hope that answers your questions.

Given what the devs have told the community in the past regarding how we should handle the current itemization, it would be absolutely unfair if they did not give us a way to get the new Rakata mods/enhancements.

Taken from the March 2nd Q&A:

Georg Zoeller (Principal Lead Combat Designer): "Accuracy counters your target's ability to defend (dodge, deflect, etc.) against your attacks. You are correct about the accuracy budget on the current end game gear being too generous for most scenarios - unless you are a dedicated tank killer in PvP, you probably do not need as much as you get from Rakata gear at the moment and you should consider swapping out some mods to support your preferred playstyle.

For the upcoming tier of new gear, we have an improved distribution of stats for both PvP and PvE gear."

I'm sure there is no Rakata owner who is against updating these Rakata pieces. However, it is not fair to basically tell us that the original Rakata itemization is not ideal, suggest we use different enhancement/mods, then punish us for following your suggestion by failing to give us a way to "trade up" to the new 1.2 Rakata.

The reason the Mods/Enhancement system is great is because it allows flexibility in customizing our gear to our play style or our character's needs. Please don't punish the players who used the system as intended by excluding us from the updated Rakata mods/enhancements.

I thought the whole point of mods was so we could customize the stats on our gear. But currently we are at the mercy of the stats and mods on high end gear. At level 50 an artifice has the recipes for like 50 different enhancements, with almost every combination of stats. Awesome Mr. Artificer make me some of those one I like! But then when we get into Raid or PvP we are stuck with whatever enhancement or mod our set (the one with the bonuses that ably to our spec) has on it. Now there are a few pieces to choose from, and maybe even grab one from another class if you can get the drop, but this still limits us to maybe 5 different choices. We go from this crazy customization of stat at 50 to extremely limited after that. If we could actually customize the stats on our endgame gear they wouldn't have to worry about rebalancing itemization. We would choose what we think is best.

I mean, I think the new stats/itemization for 1.2 Rakata gear is great and I'm really looking forward to it. I just want to know if putting back the original mods of the 1.1.x Rakata gear will suffice, so that it gets automatically changed to the new set. If that's the case, then I'm okay, as I've kept the original mods stowed away anyhow.

Seems to be a fairly poor way to do the upgrade. Why not just upgrade the mods themselves? So if we moved them around it won't matter to the end user.

Now I have to go through my PVP and PVE sets and add in the mods that should be there before the update. Le sigh.

Is it only Rakata gear that is changed or Columi and Tionese as well?

Columni and Tionese generally do not have all of one stat like Rakata does. For instance my Combat Medic gear has Alacrity on all the pieces intermixed with power and Crit. Where as the Columni and Tionese usually only have 2 pieces with each stat.

What if I put the correct mod back in the item, but it is not the mod from that piece (i.e. lets say helm and gloves had the same mods, and when I put them back, I accidentally swapped them because I do not know which mod came from which piece.) I would assume as long as the rakata / bm gear has the same mod/enhance setup as the original, it would update?