Treasure Hunting got ninja nerfed?

ArchonSaar

Maybe i just hit a bad RNG, but starting 2 days ago, the returns from TH became much, much smaller than before; Whereas I was constantly getting blue items and even oranges from bountiful/rich missions, now i only get useless greens and a relic now and then...I've yet to see a blue and i'm already 200 TH on an alt Edited by ArchonSaar

My beef was that trying to get Krayt Dragon Pearls (level 3 purple gemstone) was taking me an insane amount of time. In the same time that I got the six or whatever pearls I needed for some advanced crafting, I also picked up like 150 Tatooine Flamegem. The drop seemed way low.

Because of it, I've determined that I'm not going to bother with trying to RE to the purple level items because it's just not worth the credit dump, especially considering that by the time I can craft I'm nearing the next level of craftables anyway.

Krayt Dragon pearls and various other mats from treasure hunting have greater availability from the dropped mission. You can most of those missions on the GTN i was having issues finding some of those mats in till i started getting those missions and now the only gem i have a hard time getting is the Level 6 gem that starts with a c can remember the name.

my only beef is that people are selling 340 missions over 10k instead of the 5 they're suppose to be for what little we get we can't make a profit on them

That's in direct relation to the slicing nerf. Not as many people actually doing slicing misisons so the supply of the missions goes down,

my only beef is that people are selling 340 missions over 10k instead of the 5 they're suppose to be for what little we get we can't make a profit on them

i sell mine between 5k and 15k depending on the type, (treasure hunting is a 15k one)

Treasure Hunting, Underworld Trading = 15k each and sell within 30mins

Archeology and Scavenging = 10k each and sell within the 1 day list

Investigation and Diplomacy = 4670 (default sale price) and 'may' sell sometimes.

Its about supply and demand...

If there is a high demand for them even at 15k (and ive seen people in channels offering 20k or so for them) then someone is making a profit on them in some manner

I can confirm the nerf.

2 days prior. I was getting relics every mission if I did the right one. Usually greens, some times blues and on the odd occasion a purple or orange.

Now? I'm lucky if I get any thing more than a credit box that pays less than what the mission costs to do.

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe i just hit a bad RNG, but starting 2 days ago, the returns from TH became much, much smaller than before; Whereas I was constantly getting blue items and even oranges from bountiful/rich missions, now i only get useless greens and a relic now and then...I've yet to see a blue and i'm already 200 TH on an alt

Yes it did. Since 1.1 Corusca Gems (Grade 6 Gemstone, Purple) returns are about 28% less per my calculations, but that's not the end, because when she does get returns, she sees about 65% less in the amount of the return. (she no longer has missions where she gets a return of more than 2).

Also, I have found that Kira's mirror companion has a +5 o critical success on these missions, where Kira only has a +1, so the Sith see better returns on the crafting materials. Kira can get a maximum of 2 corusca gems on a successful (critical success run). It takes her a little less than an hour to run these missions, and since she is the only one that can reliably crit on these missions, it takes about 2-3 days to get the 4 needed to create one color crystal.

And still Bioware refuses to comment on the state of crafting. Nor do they choose to communicate why they are making these changes. I used to sell purple advanced color crystals for 35k a pop (15k lower than the competition) now there are people trying to undercut that at 25k, but here's the deal, as of right now, at 25k, it is a credit loss. So I'm not selling them anymore because I'm not doing it to lose money.

So, as of right now, the only thing I have to craft are some level 22 enhancements for my companions (once I RNG the artifact level of mods) and that's it.

Crafting is now a complete money loser when it comes to artiface and is therefore completely pointless as crafters will soon see because I'm not going to subsidize someone elses gaming by selling for less than what it costs to make.

Edited by CriticalMasses