Biochem. Implants (Crit should give you 2 instead of an augment slot)

khsolo

A biochemist gets an extra item when crafting stims, adrenals, medpacks

But yeah, after they introduced the augment tables in 1.3, crit crafting augment slots became rather worthless. Clearly the extra item is most beneficial for Cybertech and Artifice but I don't think BW is concerned about these kind of imbalances between the crafting professions.

Anyway, if implants get an extra item, then everything else should. Bracers, belts, most items from Armomech and Synthweaving, etc, .... Not gonna happen.

The fee to add an augment kit on the table is 30k. The actual augment kit itself must still be made or acquired, and since these currently trade for around 30k and up themselves, it would be more accurate to note that the value of a crafted augment slot for high level gear is closer to 60k, maybe not as valuable as a second of the item, but the presence of the slot should allow the crafter to charge a premium for the item as compared to those without and/or increase the speed with which it sells. Sadly, I have noticed that a lot of sellers hose themselves by selling augmented items for the same prices as non augmented versions. This tends to have the effect of ruining it for everyone, as buyers develop the expectation that they shouldn't pay extra for the augment slot when in truth they should, as it represents an improvement they can't duplicate without non trivial expense, not to mention time and trouble of locating a crafting table and acquiring an augment kit.

This tends to have the effect of ruining it for everyone, as buyers develop the expectation that they shouldn't pay extra for the augment slot when in truth they should, as it represents an improvement they can't duplicate without non trivial expense, not to mention time and trouble of locating a crafting table and acquiring an augment kit.

Because its not worth it

I craft tons of implants of any level (21,25,29,33,37,41 and 45) and anything below lvl50 is a waste of an augment slot cause noone will augment or use an augment for an implant while they are leveling

Even BH implants with augment slot the price difference is not even worth it cause you sell maybe one or two a week if you are lucky

Even Hazmat implants they are so expensive that again 60 k more or less is not gonna make you turn around when the implant goes for 1.7 m and you might see just one or two at the market if you are lucky

So basically the whole augment slot for implants at any level doesnt add anything, much better would be to have another implant made, that way it would be actually worth something to have a crit

Edited by khsolo

A biochemist gets an extra item when crafting stims, adrenals, medpacks

1 extra item for crafting three. Relatively tiny sample size and small return mean crit crafting is barely worth mentioning for biochemists. It's really quite sucky when you look at the cash cow cybertech where a crit can net you a few hundred thousand credits.

That said the OP suggestion is idiotic. Random crit crafting gear being BiS is the whole reason they axed the old augment system and added kits in the first place.

I wonder would there really be any harm in removing augment crits entirely and just giving 2 items for a crit across the boards.

Edited by CaptainApop

Because its not worth it

I craft tons of implants of any level (21,25,29,33,37,41 and 45) and anything below lvl50 is a waste of an augment slot cause noone will augment or use an augment for an implant while they are leveling

Even BH implants with augment slot the price difference is not even worth it cause you sell maybe one or two a week if you are lucky

Even Hazmat implants they are so expensive that again 60 k more or less is not gonna make you turn around when the implant goes for 1.7 m and you might see just one or two at the market if you are lucky

So basically the whole augment slot for implants at any level doesnt add anything, much better would be to have another implant made, that way it would be actually worth something to have a crit

I've sold plenty of augments of below level 50. Granted, I was only crafting them to level up but it appears that PvPer's looking for an edge and players power leveling are more than willing to shell out credits for augments.

What you won't see are people paying extra for an item with an augment in it from a crafting crit. Too many times I see people listing sub-50 items with augments for twice the amount a non-augment slot item sells for. At the most you should only be adding what it would cost normally to put an augment slot in since most people have plenty of low level augment kit components laying around.

It's really quite sucky when you look at the cash cow cybertech where a crit can net you a few hundred thousand credits.

As a cybertecher, i have to concur. A crit with armorings nets me between 900k and 1 million (auction house tax included), that's at least the case on my server (T3-M4, german PvE)

I crafted 10 armorings tonight, i critted 3 times, so i already earned at least 2,7 million credits during my sleep. Compared to an additional stim, that's frakking insane. Biochems only advantage was and is its reusable stims.

And how do you get those, plus I guess its a RE pray that when you do, you get a schematic for it?

Indeed. RE Armorings and Modifications, but they sell very well and to a high price. Due to the fact that you can earn molecular stabilizer through pvp, i don't even have to watch the prices for the most expensive crafting material on the GTN.

Right now, Cybertech offers Armorings, Modifications, Starship upgrades, HK-51 upgrades, grenades etc. That is far superior to any other profession, at least when you have the schematics.

anything below lvl50 is a waste of an augment slot cause noone will augment or use an augment for an implant while they are leveling

The majority of people wont' bother with augments while leveling, BUT, if I come across a piece of gear that has an aug slot already in it, I'll definitely slap an aug in there.

I've got a full set of 400 level crafters and definitely augment everything I can while leveling a new toon and appreciate the free augment slot on the crit implant ... I'll get orange gear for my toon early on and mk-5 slot it right away and craft augments when i can (blue level stuff) and when i get to 45+ ill spend the time to make purple earpieces, implants and hilts and augment everything, especially since i pvp a lot.

Just like other items that you can equip, i think that crits on implants should keep giving augment slots.

You can earn stabs in PvP? How exactly? I dont PvP but will start if I can farm them.

REing Warhero gear gives you those. And if you pvp all day long, you will be able to get tons of mats in short time. So right now pvpers can get dread guard lvl gear without ever touching pve. Some crafters even will craft for you for extra mats instead of credits, so you don't even really need to grind dailies for creds. They only downside will be the need to keep those ugly free tionese shells for set bonuses.

I doubt the extra item when crit crafting was ever the intended mechanic. It's a bandaid solution because they didn't want to add the Mastercraft grade mods and such to the game yet. Since mods and armorings can't have augment slots, they had nowhere else to go.

Once mastercraft grade is added I think they'll do away with double-item crits - or at least I hope so. Would be a much more interesting way to get these items than the usual RE the grade below thing.