LiveStream Event #1

CourtneyWoods

things we all wot like to see i swtor.

1. sith soldier armor Red/Silver one from kortor 1 that armor the soldiers was wearing on taris.

3. the old mandalorien armor, the one that starkiller was wearing. blue/yellow, and red.

Armour changes as time goes on so why go back to the old stuff when new stuff has been made. Keep them as they are!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3/4 of the alloted time BW Devs will attempt at being hip and cool. The remaining few minutes they will say they are working hard and hope you stay tuned and thank you for coming.

BW, prove me wrong. Don't be like the A-hat devs of the other games. Be genuine, and forthcoming.

Edited by SikrouDeco

A necessary addition to 1.4: Everyone I know who has played a commando knows they are a gimped class. I have a 50 Vanguard in battlemaster that outdamages my Commando in full War Hero completely aug'd. (Both are assault spec'd) The big difference between the two that I have noticed is that my Vanguard procs HIB far more often than my Commando. Why is this? The reason lies with charged bolts. A Vanguard has both Ion pulse and stockstrike to proc HIB. Both of these are instant abilities. Whereas the Commando has a channeled (full-auto) and charged bolts which has a 2 second cast time. Charged bolts usually gets interrupted for one and for two IT TAKES 2 SECONDS. The worst part about it is more than half the time it doesn't even proc HIB after waiting those 2 seconds. I think Commandos need an instant ability as a secondary to proc HIB to balance the class.

A necessary addition to 1.4: Everyone I know who has played a commando knows they are a gimped class. I have a 50 Vanguard in battlemaster that outdamages my Commando in full War Hero completely aug'd. (Both are assault spec'd) The big difference between the two that I have noticed is that my Vanguard procs HIB far more often than my Commando. Why is this? The reason lies with charged bolts. A Vanguard has both Ion pulse and stockstrike to proc HIB. Both of these are instant abilities. Whereas the Commando has a channeled (full-auto) and charged bolts which has a 2 second cast time. Charged bolts usually gets interrupted for one and for two IT TAKES 2 SECONDS. The worst part about it is more than half the time it doesn't even proc HIB after waiting those 2 seconds. I think Commandos need an instant ability as a secondary to proc HIB to balance the class.

This is so true I have a Bounty Hunter Mercenary and a Trooper Vanguard and I tested the exact thing and got the same results.

AKeep in mind that there is always a limit as to what can be discussed, so we won't be able to answer every single question.

No you can't answer every single question and no sane person expects you to do so, but you need to make more of an effort to answer more questions - especially some of the more long-standing questions that keep getting asked over and over again.

Why?

After all, who am I? Why should you give my opinion any weight? Well, here's a timeline that explains why:

• December 20th, 2011 - Star Wars: The Old Republic launches, 2+ million boxes sold
  • February 2nd, 2012 - EA announces SWTOR has 1.7 million subscribers (at least 300k potential subscribers lost)
  • May 7th, 2012 - EA Financial Reports show subscribers have dropped to 1.3 million (400k subscribers lost)
  • May - July, 2012 - Reportedly, 150+ BioWare employees lose their jobs during multiple rounds of lay offs.
  • July 31st, 2012 - EA confirms SWTOR at "Less than 1 million subscribers" (another 400k+ subscribers lost)

So yeah. Those of you who still have jobs may want to consider listening to the paying customers that you still have left when they tell you that you're not answering enough of our questions.

I think the way that extra pieces and commendations can be turned into recipes and materials for making Black Hole gear is a really great system, but it can trivialize PVE gear progression when buying pieces replaces running the content to obtain best-in-slot gear. The new Dread Guard gear in 1.4 appears much more difficult to obtain (no comms, only a few drops from HM Asation), but can still be RE'ed for schematics. What is the design intent for PVE gear progression for high-end PVE groups (Nightmare players, when it is released), and your thoughts on the ramifications of having all best in slot pieces (save set bonus Armorings) available bind-on-equip in the game through the crafting system in 1.4 and beyond? Edited by DarthBuckets

In interviews, Gabe mentioned that XP boosts and Rocket Boosts are some of the things to look forward to in the Cartel Coin shop. These already exist as character-specific (XP) or Legacy-wide (Rockets) Legacy perks. How much overlap is there between existing Legacy perks and those bought with Cartel Coins (and in-game currency / Cartel Coins in general)?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/18/hyperspace-beacon-swtors-gabe-amatangelo-on-1-4-and-free-to-pl/

Expect XP boosts, gear appearances, special mounts, certain content and feature access, etc. My favorite is either the XP boosts or rocket boosters. I have a few more advanced classes I need to max out on my live account. The XP boost and rocket boosters will help that quite a bit.
Edited by DarthBuckets

What are your reasons behind some of the recent changes to classes ? In Particular the Mercenary and Commando healer with the new talent that affects trauma probe and Kolto Shell, Peacemaker ? This seems like a poor mans "shoot yourself in the face" and why it is designed makes it seem like we will have to spend more heat often which puts further strain on resource management ( which is quite bad in comparison to that of the operative).

Serious question:

If you don't do OPs or daily FPs and just casually PVP, what incentive is there for people to pay a subscription?

Also please can you confirm that we will be able to unlock more character slots so that I can get 19 playable slots so I can have my current 18 characters and + 1 cathar! :)

Mkay thanks :D

When are we getting a Barbershop and if we get one, will we have the ability to change are race to try out upcoming species ?( For a credit fee or cash-shop fee,really don't want to have to re-roll an alt ever time a new species is introduced ) . I figure with the switch to free to play and a cash shop , lack of a barbershop (Plastic surgeon ) will put a real dampener on the Vanity items and extra appearances.

My Second Question is , with the advent of free 2 play there was mentioning that free 2 player would have limited character customization options . The character creator is already pretty limited in comparison to something like city of heroes , is there any plan to overhaul or enhance the character creator ?

Third Question would be is there any future plan to make the story quest re playable ?

Now that the existing content has been out for awhile, will we see added features that allow us to more easily experience the class stories? Even with legacy perks, players must still do side quests or warzones and space combat to keep leveled with class quest content. Many would love to experience all the stories, but cannot invest the time to complete them. Will additional experience perks be made available through legacy or for purchase with cartel coins to facilitate more people being able to experience more of the story?

Hi everyone! While we appreciate all of your questions, I wanted to just quickly remind everyone that we are looking specifically for questions about Game Update 1.4. Questions about the new Free-to-Play option are also welcome!

Guess the one question I really have is. Will we see any other species in the cash shop other than Cathar and the unlocks of exisiting species. Spefically Kel'dor and Gran. People have said from before beta they would pay to play a species they wanted to play and hopefully if the species are in the cash shop you might get them back.

Gabe said,

Expect XP boosts, gear appearances, special mounts, certain content and feature access, etc.

Is the 'certain content and feature access' referring to what we already know as being unlocks for free players or are subscribers going to have to start paying for content/features that is not an expansions pack?