View Single Post

chipequssmlgpro
02.20.2020 , 10:41 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Actually, it does matter. In fact, it matters a lot, when you're discussing running NiM, or it's equivalent anywhere. Hardcore raiding is a thing, it's a thing that's industry wide, and it's a thing that has players that don't do anything else once they get to where they can do it. Pulling a party for an op from a raider discord would be the same thing as pulling a party from your guild. Can you pick that guy that hasn't done it before? Sure. If you have a choice, are you going to? Nope, not if it's going to interfere with your completion. This is a weak attempt to justify "but you shouldn't have an easier time of it than I did".

Again, I agree, it should be hard, and to that end, in any content where set bonuses and tacticals weren't a thing, they should be disabled, and the required gear score for the raid when it was made should be where you're bolstered to, so that we can separate the wheat from the chaff. I mean, you shouldn't be able to do it any easier than I did when I did it, right? This is the "pet peeve" on trial here, right? "But stacks make it easier for them, and that shouldn't be a thing". I don't have a dog in this fight. I quit raiding before some of the people posting here even started raiding, presumably. But I really don't care how someone went about getting their completions. With VE, w/out VE, taking full advantage of set and tactical bonuses, I don't care. But if we're going to pick the "but it's too easy for x now, and it shouldn't be", then we need to be removing all advantages, not just the ones that suit one argument or the other.
So, if you quit, a long time ago, why do you assume what is hard and what isn't? Have you tried raids as they were in 5.10, or 6.0 with 258s, or VE stacks? Or have you tried Gods Nightmare by any chance, when they came out in 5.10 which was by far the hardest raid they ever invented in this game? Why are you posting in this thread if you've got no clue how raids are right now? If you're an OG raider who liked challenges, you'd be pleasantly surprised about how good raids feel right now. But no, you choose to listen to people on the forums who probably didn't even spend 2 hours in a raid without VE stacks.

Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Can you pick that guy that hasn't done it before? Sure. If you have a choice, are you going to? Nope, not if it's going to interfere with your completion. This is a weak attempt to justify "but you shouldn't have an easier time of it than I did".
Why would you bring in someone inexperienced in a group? Of course you want to have the raid you're doing to go as smooth as possible. Especially if everyone has cleared it several times before and is only looking for a nice time. This kind of discussion have been going around for years in every single MMO out there. People have progressed it and spent time doing so, why bring in someone who haven't? There have been several discords and such where different groups of people with various experienced did both hm and nim together.