Lytira# yarst -???

Lytira

(yet another resolve system thread)

Sorry to revisit this issue. I get chain stunned with a full resolve bar right now. Is the current resolve system the way BW intended it to be, or is it something they acknowledge needs work? I just want to know what my hope should be of changes to it. :confused:

Sorry to revisit this issue. I get chain stunned with a full resolve bar right now. Is the current resolve system the way BW intended it to be, or is it something they acknowledge needs work? I just want to know what my hope should be of changes to it. :confused:

As much as I've heard this on the forums I've never seen a video of it.

EDIT: You also might want to change your title. It looks like you fell asleep on the keyboard

Edited by Capt_Beers

Sorry to revisit this issue. I get chain stunned with a full resolve bar right now.

No you don't.

Post a video of what you call being stunned with full resolve.

And by that I mean you had a fully white bar before someone tried to stun/CC you.

I have gotten stunned twice in a row with a full resolve bar a number of times. There are obviously some sort of stuns that ignore resolve. I don't know if "stuns" is the right word, but the only ability that would work is my release-from-being-stunned ability (which of course is on cooldown).

I have gotten stunned twice in a row with a full resolve bar a number of times. There are obviously some sort of stuns that ignore resolve. I don't know if "stuns" is the right word, but the only ability that would work is my release-from-being-stunned ability (which of course is on cooldown).

Okay, so you got rooted or slowed while you had full resolve. QQ fail.

Read this and learn about resolve, what it does and how it works before posting threads like this. The changes in resolve since 1.4 only changed when resolve starts draining (once the affect that capped you resolve ends) and how much you gain form over lapped stuns. You used to get the whole value if you got stunned twice at the same time. Now you only gain the resolve for the amount of time you are actually stunned. An example (all examples assume your breaker is on CD):

Old way-

Stun 1 > 0 sec > Stun 2 = Stunned for 4, full resolve

Stun 1 > 2 secs > stun 2 = Stunned 6, full resolve

New way-

Stun 1 > 0 secs > Stun 2 = Stunned for 4 secs, 4 secs worth of stun resolve or 800/1000 resolve

Stun 1 > 2 secs > Stun 2 = Stunned for 6 secs, 6 secs worth of stun resolve or 1200/1000 + 400 bouns = 1600/1000 resolve

Okay, so you got rooted or slowed while you had full resolve. QQ fail.

Read this and learn about resolve, what it does and how it works before posting threads like this. The changes in resolve since 1.4 only changed when resolve starts draining (once the affect that capped you resolve ends) and how much you gain form over lapped stuns. You used to get the whole value if you got stunned twice at the same time. Now you only gain the resolve for the amount of time you are actually stunned. An example (all examples assume your breaker is on CD):

Old way-

Stun 1 > 0 sec > Stun 2 = Stunned for 4, full resolve

Stun 1 > 2 secs > stun 2 = Stunned 6, full resolve

New way-

Stun 1 > 0 secs > Stun 2 = Stunned for 4 secs, 4 secs worth of stun resolve or 800/1000 resolve

Stun 1 > 2 secs > Stun 2 = Stunned for 6 secs, 6 secs worth of stun resolve or 1200/1000 + 400 bouns = 1600/1000 resolve

EDIT: Forgot that the Bubble stun is in fact a hard stun but it doesn't grant the proper amount of resolve. It used to be a mezz (breaks on damage) and it still grants resolve like one. so it is possible to be hit by this more than you should be able to.

Rooted or immobilized doesn't gray out all my abilities but one. It is possible that I only got stunned one time with a full resolve bar, while the first stun was what maxed it, however in those cases, I am unable to act for >4 seconds. A snapshot won't prove anything. All it would show is a full resolve bar and my abilities grayed out.

By the way, a couple of you: try being polite instead of elitist. No one like elitism, even other elitists. Holier than thou; I'm right and you are absolutely wrong and so forth only demonstrates you have a narrow understanding of yourself. You sure wouldn't want to be treated the way you treat others--being ridiculed and demeaned you when you don't understand something or make a mistake.

Edited by Lytira
update