Best republic-side storyline?

Bamfpanda

So which class on republic side has the best story? I know it comes down to preference so I'm asking which ones you guys like the most! I wanna lvl a republic toon after playing lots on empire side. I LOVED the Sith Warrior storyline.

I do have a commando I kinda like, curious about the Trooper storyline as well. Anywho! Opinions on best storylines, go! :D

Trooper storyline seems good to me so far. It's a rather straightforward story, but not a bad one necessarily.

Haven't played them, but I've been told that the Smuggler story is "neat" and the Knight story is "epic feeling" and the Consular story is "boring as hell"

Smuggler is rather personal story... looking for wealth and taking down own enemies

Jedi Knight is kind of next KotOR.. and might call it following to stories known from books/games.

Trooper looks a little like Mass Effect.. completing team and following objectives critical to republic.

Consular .. deep into mystics of jedi and knowlage of force.. many find it boring if they preffer action over seeking knowlage and secrets.

A related question: How do the Republican chars feel when played dark side? The reason I ask is because I'm interested in playing the republic side, but I can't stand being the goody-goody wishywashy woowoo holo-tree-hugging overly friendly unwashed hippy sort of creature. Edited by Sir_Roderick

A related question: How do the Republican chars feel when played dark side? The reason I ask is because I'm interested in playing the republic side, but I can't stand being the goody-goody wishywashy woowoo tholo-tree-hugging overly friendly unwashed hippy sort of creature.

act 1 dark side consular makes no sense i think, ill ask my brother. i played lightside.

I'm loving the consular storyline. from 1-10 of the trooper storyline the last quest on ord was theonly redeeming factor. 1-13 as a gunslinger it's pretty lighthearted and fun(liked having a maniacal lightside darkside type character) she made no sense at all.

knight is ok, it's the regular sw story. I'll just call it revan 2.0 from what i've heard

Jedi Knight>>>>>>>>>>>>Trooper>Smuggler>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jedi Consular

That seems to be the general consensus among the people I talk to in game and in real life. Jedi Knight has the best story by far because a lot of the major events of the game are directly tied to it. There is a lot of stuff going on and it's pretty fulfilling.

Trooper is my main and the one I have the most experience with. I don't understand how anyone can like it. The plot is told to you within the first 5 minutes of every planet. Here are the objectives. Do the objectives. End. There isn't anything in between. No plot twists or interesting things that happen. Again, I don't understand how anyone can like it but whatever. Lot's of setup but no payoff. I constantly talk to my peers about it, throwing them story ideas and stuff. One day I want to make an outline in the forums of how I would do the Trooper story to see what everyone thinks. It's almost unanimous though that Chapter 3 sucks.

Smuggler is one I don't hear much about. It seems to have great dialogue but the main complain I hear about it is that it's not really your story, it's Risha's. I don't know if that's true or not but that's what I hear. A lot of mixed reviews for it but it's generally praised for it's good dialogue between characters. Plot, not so much.

Personally, I had a lot of problems staying awake during sections of the JC story. I got through half of Chapter 2 and couldn't take it anymore. I've found a lot of people who say the same thing. The redeeming factor seems to be an epic Chapter 3 which I have not played.

Edited by JasonSavo

Sith Warrior is very "epic feeling" in the way its your rise to power.

When you say Jedi Knight is "epic feeling", is that so in the same way or epic feeling like what?

Without spoiling anything the Jedi Knight story has you pretty much being established as the **** really early on. I think one of the dev videos about jedi vs bounty hunter gives a pretty good description of what the story is pretty much about. In my opinion its really similar to what you would find in the original trilogy.

act 1 dark side consular makes no sense i think, ill ask my brother. i played lightside.

I'm loving the consular storyline. from 1-10 of the trooper storyline the last quest on ord was theonly redeeming factor. 1-13 as a gunslinger it's pretty lighthearted and fun(liked having a maniacal lightside darkside type character) she made no sense at all.

knight is ok, it's the regular sw story. I'll just call it revan 2.0 from what i've heard

I am in my mid 30s on my consular. I did not go straight light. I enjoyed killing 'evil' people given the chance. Protect innocent, kill bad... made for some fun.

A related question: How do the Republican chars feel when played dark side? The reason I ask is because I'm interested in playing the republic side, but I can't stand being the goody-goody wishywashy woowoo holo-tree-hugging overly friendly unwashed hippy sort of creature.

lol. i don't have an anwser, but i quoted this, as its the funniest thing i read all day :D

Smuggler is the only one that motivated me to play past the prologue. The other three bored me too much.

Smuggler starts off very personal from the very beginning. You have a personal goal and everything that happens on the planet is just things that happen on your way. So what if there is a war going on? You have important things to do!

In a way the story is a bit like a TV series where there is an underlining plot, but every episode the protagonist helps people in places he/she passes through on the way.

The smuggler story struggles a bit in Act 2. It becomes more interwoven with the main Republic story-arc and the antagonists could have used some more building up in the previous act.

Act 3 seems to improve again but as it follows a rather weak Act 2, a certain amound of damage has beeen done.

The smuggler's main strength is that this class is truly made for catchy one-liners, witty comments and ridiculous statements. On top of that, as there is no set moral code or duty to follow, all dialogue choices can easily be justified.

I could go on and on, since, let's face it: it's hard to be humble knowing how great smugglers are ;)

Edited by Melkathi

Consular is pretty boring through Act I, starts picking up in Act II, and just goes up from there. Voss was amazing. It's also possible to get a near-ideal ending for it (or end of Act III, at least) if you make the right choices.

My friends who played the Smuggler and Trooper stories to their conclusions seemed to have some issues with the in-story events at the end, even though they enjoyed their stories, whereas the last Jedi Knight class quest seems to just be a pain in the neck. I don't know specifics; trying to remain unspoiled. :)

whereas the last Jedi Knight class quest seems to just be a pain in the neck. I don't know specifics; trying to remain unspoiled. :)

Apparently the Jedi Knight quest had the difficulty toned down now because it was unreasonably hard?

Haven't played it either as I found Tython boring so only know what I read on the forum.

Jedi Knight story is your typical fantasy hero saves the world type of story. Pretty standard Star Wars stuff, but it does get pretty epic at times and has some nice twists and turns. It's a good story albeit a bit cliche at times.

As a dark side Trooper:

*threaten the child with the blaster*

got me hooked right at the beginning.

And the ever growing list of dead senators who made a mistake and pissed me off. Or just were in the wrong place (near me) at the wrong time (always).

It's nice to see that most Republic commanders are competent people, willing to make sacrifices (with a little help).