Please re-confirm that the new Flashpoints don't incur an additional cost

Jaing

Well, there was a thread up about the new flashpoints coming out in 2.3 this summer.

A dev, I believe it was Eric, did respond to that thread. He confirmed that there were going to be multiple flashpoints, that they were brand new (not just new difficulty levels of existing), and that they would be free, no additional cost.

His posts were about 2:15pm EST, the thread was removed around 4:20.

Any chance we can get that confirmation again, or at least another dev statement about the new flashpoints and any associated costs?

Edited by Jaing

Well, there was a thread up about the new flashpoints coming out in 2.3 this summer.

A dev, I believe it was Eric, did respond to that thread. He confirmed that there were going to be multiple flashpoints, that they were brand new (not just new difficulty levels of existing), and that they would be free, no additional cost.

Any chance we can get that confirmation again, or at least another dev statement about the new flashpoints and any associated costs?

Hah why do you think it was deleted... :)

Yeah, I was looking for that thread, too. Wonder what happened to it.

yeah it would be nice to have another dev post about that.

But your title is wrong if you can change it :p

Yep, saw that. changed it.

I was actually catching up on the new player responses in that thread when it was deleted. I clicked to go to page 17 of 18 and I got the "you can't access this page" message.

The thread dissapeared from the general forums, the posts dissapeared from the dev tracker.

Wish I'd taken screenshots.

I was actually catching up on the new player responses in that thread when it was deleted. I clicked to go to page 17 of 18 and I got the "you can't access this page" message.

The thread dissapeared from the general forums, the posts dissapeared from the dev tracker.

what is this for real? why would that thread be deleted? it was very helpfull to know that they are releasing both Imperial Warlord and Titans of Industry at the same time and perharps Rakata Prime daily area where we go after "Agieus" the world killing weapon, its good to see the game finally catching up to those old content leaks ;]

Most likely Eric said what he said NOT based on something he was privy to and now Bioware / EA are trying to erase all the evidence.

That is my fear, and that is why I started this thread.

inb4 forum is force persuaded so we forget about it too. :rak_01:

Edited by Joesixxpack

• Dev Post

Hey guys,

Sorry about that, you may put the tin foil hats away ;) Our moderation staff accidentally canned the thread, I have put it back in GD and it is back on the devtracker.

:rak_03:

-eric

Edit: The original post in case someone hadn't seen it.

Edited by EricMusco

Hey guys,

Sorry about that, you may put the tin foil hats away ;) Our moderation staff accidentally canned the thread, I have put it back in GD and it is back on the devtracker.

-eric

Dang, i didn't get to ransom it for - 1 million dollars!

Hey guys,

-eric

Excellent. A quick response, with explanation and resolution.

That you very much Eric.

(we can let this thread sink now)

You do realize if they charge for those FPs, there's going to be a **** storm unlike any other to grace these forums. In a big way too. I mean I've seen so many guys who defend SWTOR on the little things they charge for which really aren't a big deal say that if they did charge for something like that they would even have an issue. So I would love to see it so we can see if just the f2pers are buying enough of the CM for it to survive ^^

Edit: Disregard. :D Thanks Eric.

Edited by Levity

Hey guys,

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6447857#post6447857

Could you please answer this thread please? Would be appreciated! =D

Hey guys,

-eric

&%$#! Glad I kept the receipt for my tinfoil.

Eric, with all due respect, I think you guys need to re-think the way the Features page currently displays what each group gets.

It would help clear things up and definitely deter people from creating the same tin-foil threads over and over again.

The way that page is set up now, details are not as visible as they could (should?) be and we end up with the same questions again and again that always seem to attract the same people claiming that X or Y feature is not or will not be included in our subscription. And as a result, useful threads with new information, updates and legitimate feedback are lost.

Just my two cents.

Edited by TheNahash

Eric, with all due respect, I think you guys need to re-think the way the Features page currently displays what each group gets.

It would help clear things up and definitely deter people from creating the same tin-foil threads over and over again.

The way that page is set up now, details are not as visible as they could (should?) be and we end up with the same questions again and again that always seem to attract the same people claiming that X or Y feature is not or will not be included in our subscription. And as a result, useful threads with new information, updates and legitimate feedback are lost.

Just my two cents.

Well... we've kinda seen that what is listed on the features page isn't set in stone.

"Full Access to Character Creation Choices" got an addition of "(Excluding species options availalbe for purchase in the Cartel Market)"

With that precedent in mind, "Unlimited access to Flashpoints and Rewards" could have gotten an additional "(Excluding flashpoints available for purchase in the Cartel Market)"

Ever since the Cathar and new customization options, the worry is that the listed features won't apply to newly released aspects of that feature. We have seen additional costs tacked on where the features page said there wouldn't be an additional cost. The solution was to change the features page. It has been done once, it could just as easily be done again.

We can no longer just accept that the listed features will apply to future releases. So we ask.

Edited by Jaing

Well... we've kinda seen that what is listed on the features page isn't set in stone.

"Full Access to Character Creation Choices" got an addition of "(Excluding species options availalbe for purchase in the Cartel Market)"

With that precedent in mind, "Unlimited access to Flashpoints and Rewards" could have gotten an additional "(Excluding flashpoints available for purchase in the Cartel Market)"

Ever since the Cathar and new customization options, the worry is that the listed features won't apply to newly released aspects of that feature. We have seen additional costs tacked on where the features page said there wouldn't be an additional cost. The solution was to change the features page. It has been done once, it could just as easily be done again.

We can no longer just accept that the listed features will apply to future releases. So we ask.

Hey man, there's a lot of people here who just shut up and take it and choose not to use the simplest form of human right we have. Which is to speak, usually in question form.