Some advice needed !

Heroen

Hello. So first of all I need some help deciding what to play as a next char. Atm im lvling a Sentinel.

Before you all start I know I know its all a matter of preference etc etc :)

But I just want to ask anyway, atm im deciding between: Commando (DPS) Shadow (Tank) or Gunslinger (perhaps Scoundrel ? )

I basicly want to know what the majority of ppl think is better of those classes when it comes to:

A.) Fun gameplay wise

B.) Complex class

C.) Fun class story

D.) Most fun in PVP (note that most fun doesnt mean most OP for me :p)

So any hints or tips would be nice and apprecaited thanks in advance.

PS: Please dont start spamming crap like go play it and find out youreself k thx :rak_03:

Hello. So first of all I need some help deciding what to play as a next char.

But I just want to ask anyway, atm im deciding between: Commando (DPS) Shadow (Tank) or Gunslinger (perhaps Scoundrel ? )

A.) Fun gameplay wise

B.) Complex class

C.) Fun class story

I played a Commando (DPS) in beta, when the game was released I moved over to the dark side and made a Bounty Hunter (Tank). I later made a Shadow Tank, but once I got to level 50 I switched back to my Bounty Hunter and havent gone back since. I will not speak on Gunslingers, as I have no first hand experience with them.

So from my limited experience:

A.) Fun gameplay wise[/Quote]

As far as gameplay is concerned The Bounty Hunter seems to be the most fluid as far as combat is concerned. Each skill seems to flow into the next with amazing grace. Please keep in mind I play as a Powertech: Shieldtech (tank) and have no experience with the other specs.

The Shadow tank was much more challenging. Coming from a BH tank I had a hard time managing the skills at first, but once you get use to it, it becomes quite simple in its own way. Definitly more of a learning curve when it comes to Shadow tanking, but I think most people would find it more enjoyable as it involves more player interaction. The DPS commando was not really for me. At the time I played it (beta) it felt very clunky. Ammo management was a chore at first, but managable after a while. I actually felt quite squishy in PvE which limited my choices as to which companion I could use.

B.) Complex class[/Quote]

By and far the Shadow tank was the more complex of the 3 I played. You really need to pay attention to your skills and buffs a lot more than the others, and as a tank I believe you get 4 or 5 different defensive "Oh Crap!" skills which you need in order to be tanky while wearing light armor (even with the defensive stance).

The Bounty Hunter was much more stright forward. A very "In Your Face" class. With a Charge AND a pull ability you can really control the battlefield much more and is quite enjoyable to me.

C.) Fun class story[/Quote]

Without a doubt, the Shadow had the best story of the 3. I really enjoyed the Bounty Hunter story, but felt the second chapter needed some serious work. The third chapter was a lot of fun though! I did not get the chance to go all the way through the Commando story as I played it in beta and focued more on questing and flashpoints durning my limited playtime.

D.) Most fun in PVP[/Quote]

I had a BLAST with my BH tank in PvP when the game first came out, but due to some changes, and people gearing up now, tanks in PvP are not nearly as effective (though I still have fun). Again, with a Charge AND a pull you can really annoy people to no end. There are some hybrid builds out there you could try, but even some of those were nerfed down. :(

I only did a few PvP matches with the Shadow. I could see that it could be a good class, but I did not spend enough time on it to perfect my game.

I never PvP'd on the Commando.

On a side note: My wife playes an Imperial Agent: Operative as heals and does very well in PvP. Her story line was also one of the best in the game (I was lucky enough to play along side her and do the quests along with her on my Bounty Hunter). If you are considering a Scoundrel, then maybe you should pop over to the Dark Side and try out an Imperial Agent if the story is what you are after.

This is all my personal opinion, except for C:

A) Fun gameplay wise:

-Gunslinger

-Shadow

-Commando (Tried a mercenary, found it too repetitive after a while. Mind you, I only played the equivalent to Gunnery, can't say anything about the other DPS tree)

B) Complex class:

-Shadow (Tanking is more complex than DPS, after all)

-Gunslinger

-Commando (As said before, it's quite repetitive)

C) Best class story (as based on the community rating here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=234722):

-Gunslinger

-Commando

-Shadow

Also, if what you're looking for is a fun story, then the smuggler is way ahead of the others.

D) Most fun in PvP

Can't really say because I didn't really PvP much in my gunslinger and shadow. I did hear that Gunslinger is quite fun as a saboteur, though.

Hope that helps.

PS: If you're trying a healer next, I recommend the scoundrel or operative if you want to go imperial. Not because it is the best healer (I don't know if it is, actually), but because the story is generally regarded as better than the Consular's.

Edited by Morlaak

PS: If you're trying a healer next, I recommend the scoundrel or operative if you want to go imperial. Not because it is the best healer (I don't know if it is, actually), but because the story is generally regarded as better than the Consular's.

This.

Imperial Agent is such an amazing story line!

Hello. So first of all I need some help deciding what to play as a next char. Atm im lvling a Sentinel.

Before you all start I know I know its all a matter of preference etc etc :)

I basicly want to know what the majority of ppl think is better of those classes when it comes to:

A.) Fun gameplay wise

B.) Complex class

C.) Fun class story

So any hints or tips would be nice and apprecaited thanks in advance.

PS: Please dont start spamming crap like go play it and find out youreself k thx :rak_03:

I have a level 50 in each of those mirrors on imp side:

A: Gunslinger

B: None are all that complex or more complex than the others IMO. Depends on build though.

C: Agent story was awesome but that is not the smuggler story obviously. Can't really comment.

D: Gunslinger

Assasin/shadow in a full tank build is kind of boring or I would put that as a toss up with gunslinger for A and D.