PvP rewards need to be similar to vet FP runs.

Raansu

BW, ya'll really need to do something about PvP rewards. The whole "play your way" thing doesn't really fly when pvp basically gives nothing. The boxes you get for a win gives me a bunch of blue gear half the time.

Well when they said play your way what they actually meant was "Play your way on the content we want you play." So they just want you to spam FPs thats all. If more player focuses on pvp then they will ask class balance, bug fixes real pvp rewards and with less player playing it is very easy yo ignore them.

100% agreed. 10 times over.

Its completely crazy the differential.

Its literally double for time invested.

Double? Only way you get upgrade from pvp boxes is daily and weekly rewards and you will never get an upgrade from a normal pvp box so if you gear only with pvp it should take atleast 5-6 times more. Worst thing about BW and which is a total dick move btw, when they add something in game it is done they dont even look back if they did it bad or good. All your suggestions and reports are just ignored and it is opposite what a mmo developer should do. They dont have a real pts where you actually test a finished product to refine it so refining has to done in live game but they also dont have developers team that' willing to do it since they are trying to add new things in game. They will just throw half finished content constantly and will never go back and actually finish them. 10th year of swtor is near and they still act like they just released a mmo first time.

Agreed, though I'd limit it to wins only. Losses should be treated like being unable to get past the first boss of a FP, with no rewards. If people want to mindlessly damage farm on the center tier of Quesh or get blown up in arena because they all didn't care enough not to focus the same target, they should get nothing. Players should have to play correctly to earn rewards. Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Well when they said play your way what they actually meant was "Play your way on the content we want you play." So they just want you to spam FPs thats all.

Not even that. Hammer Station is all you get. I only do PvP but am forced to do FP's to catch up. All I ever get is Hammer Station. I had an Ilum Master Mode once out of 30+ attempts.

BW, ya'll really need to do something about PvP rewards. The whole "play your way" thing doesn't really fly when pvp basically gives nothing. The boxes you get for a win gives me a bunch of blue gear half the time.

100% agree with this topic.

And I’ve been saying this should happen since day one of the expansion. But it’s become glaringly obvious Bioware don’t give a **** about the dogs breakfast they’ve created and left to fester in some parts of the game.

I gave up them ever fixing the gearing for pvp. So I bit the bullet and I run vet flash points or MM ones with my wife to gear up. Which we shouldn’t need to do.

One 7-12 min flash point nets more gear than I can get pvping for an hour+. Not to mention the gear I get in the flash points is a lot closer to my iRating of 306. Which means the lowest gear I get is 302.

But if I get gear drops from pvp, it is often 290-298 purple rubbish when I’m wearing 306. Which is totally F up.

Pvp already has the slowest amount of gearing and tech frag drop, but getting 290-298 gear just rubs salt into an already gangrenous wound.

Not even that. Hammer Station is all you get. I only do PvP but am forced to do FP's to catch up. All I ever get is Hammer Station. I had an Ilum Master Mode once out of 30+ attempts.

If you have a stealth Alt or one other person you can group with, just spam red reaper solo or together and it takes 7-12 mins per run.

I can easily solo RR on vet mode now and I’m sure I could do it on MM if the second boss didn’t always one shoot my healing comp.

My wife and I mostly run MM RR together and it takes about 8-9 mins on two Sins or about 12 mins on non stealth classes.

We never use group finder as it’s not needed and most of them are noobs who would only slow us down.

Pvp already has the slowest amount of gearing and tech frag drop, but getting 290-298 gear just rubs salt into an already gangrenous wound.

This picturesque description is ironic, because I think that rubbing salt into dead flesh wouldn't actually hurt. It would probably be a good way to cut down on the infection, though you may need to amputate to save your life.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gangrene/symptoms-causes/syc-20352567

I guess that means that parts of PVP need to be amputated to save the game? Yeah, sounds about right.

This picturesque description is ironic, because I think that rubbing salt into dead flesh wouldn't actually hurt. It would probably be a good way to cut down on the infection, though you may need to amputate to save your life.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gangrene/symptoms-causes/syc-20352567

I guess that means that parts of PVP need to be amputated to save the game? Yeah, sounds about right.

Definitely amputating the gearing system and bugs would be a good place to start.

Yeah I have to join the "agree" club here.

If you consider a pug PVP match which can take up to 15 min you get one box, some fragments and some renown points. During this time you can run a Hammer Station MM FPS (which is easy doable in lower gear) during which you get a full inventory of gear, fragments, loads of renown points etc. You can take out the gear you need and decompose the rest for fragments. Its simply incomparable to doing PVP, the time spent is really the same and the rewards are totally different.

I am not sure how it will go in regards of having afkers in PVP when the rewards are buffed but it still cannot stay like this.

If you have a stealth Alt or one other person you can group with, just spam red reaper solo or together and it takes 7-12 mins per run.

I can easily solo RR on vet mode now and I’m sure I could do it on MM if the second boss didn’t always one shoot my healing comp.

My wife and I mostly run MM RR together and it takes about 8-9 mins on two Sins or about 12 mins on non stealth classes.

We never use group finder as it’s not needed and most of them are noobs who would only slow us down.

Tangent, but if your comp is getting one shot by the droid, you're not clicking the pylons to change the colors. The droid boss barely does any damage with mechanics, and you can completely avoid them some to all of the time depending on your stealth class (Concealment Operative can ignore 100% of the beams, Lethality and Deception is dependent on cooldowns).

4 blue pvp crates

https://i.imgur.com/iyetfl4.jpg

Vs

1 Vet FP run without the daily bonus

https://i.imgur.com/2evUKtl.jpg

This is a joke. Whats worse pvp doesn't even give any tech frags outside of the daily (or a small amount from a blue crate if you win). I want to pvp, but I feel like I'm just wasting time pvping because to even get a measly amount of anything you have to win the match and its not worth the effort.

BW is doing a great job making pvpers like me hate this game. I'm tired of doing dailies and FP's to get tech frags.

Edited by Raansu

4 blue pvp crates

https://i.imgur.com/iyetfl4.jpg

Vs

1 Vet FP run without the daily bonus

https://i.imgur.com/2evUKtl.jpg

This is a joke. Whats worse pvp doesn't even give any tech frags outside of the daily (or a small amount from a blue crate if you win). I want to pvp, but I feel like I'm just wasting time pvping because to even get a measly amount of anything you have to win the match and its not worth the effort.

BW is doing a great job making pvpers like me hate this game. I'm tired of doing dailies and FP's to get tech frags.

Now imagine you run a Master mode HS :)

• 2 weeks later...
Now imagine you run a Master mode HS :)

Ya its significantly more, I was just making a baseline point. I just wish pvp gave tech fragments after each match or something....anything. Outside of doing the daily I feel like pvping is just a waste of time because I can't earn tech frags to buy my set pieces/tacticals.

Why not put this in general where it gets read and maybe responded to by Dan Steed or another Community Manager that is active now? It's a good time to try to reach people that might actually communicate back. Just saying!

I have mentioned gearing issues in general... multiple times over, including an entire essay on the subject. No dev response. Shut up and color is the obvious attitude.

I have mentioned gearing issues in general... multiple times over, including an entire essay on the subject. No dev response. Shut up and color is the obvious attitude.

Do it now when Eric is on vacation.

I know their history you don’t have to tell me about how they communicate or don’t communicate on the forums.

But right now would be the best time to try the channels of communication when they got multiple other people involved with that task while Eric is gone.

Why not put this in general where it gets read and maybe responded to by Dan Steed or another Community Manager that is active now? It's a good time to try to reach people that might actually communicate back. Just saying!

This thread started in general. They moved it to the pvp section.

Honestly I don't even care about the gear boxes at this point. I just want tech fragments after each round. Like average it out to be the same amount you'd get from a FP run, maybe give a bit more for winning, but for crying aloud make pvp not feel like a waste of time.

Edited by Raansu