This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again...

Kondorr

This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again...

All the time... what shall I do?

All. The. Time. is right - (for me at least). I know on my end, if its not too incredibly annoying based on your internet speed, a Uninstall / Reinstall of the entire game should fix it - or sometimes just a fresh restart of the computer and restart of SWTOR application a few hours later may fix it too. (easy but annoying routes).

There are quite a few forum posts out there regarding this - you'll likely find the better responses on the official EA forums (for SWTOR help)

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/quot-This-application-has-encountered-an-unspecified-error-quot/td-p/4886325

It is likely the launcher. You might not need to redownload the whole (33GB) game. Just delete your bitraider folder in the install directory and reconnect... it will "detect a problem" and do a repair automatically. Note you may have to use Task Manager to stop a few processes to be able to delete the folder. (They're labeled bitraider, so easy to pick out)

I don't have an install folder. I had problems with my launcher back in June. One of the suggestions was to change the bitraider thing to false. That didn't work. I downloaded the game twice back in june as well and that didn't work. Seems like every time these ******* "fix" something it doesn't work for me. Since June I can only log in by using the launcher repair tool now that doesn't work. I am not that tech savvy. Downloading the game is not an options and will take me 3 to 4 days because I have dsl. Bioware is about to lose a 4 year sub.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
I did this:

launcher.settings file in notepad.

"bitraider_disable": false -> true

Now it is downloading all patches again... hope it works...

Tried that, isn't working for me. keep getting this error when I go to patch. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times. Keep getting this error. Tried restarting computer. The repair launcher option is unavailable since I cannot access settings. It's been like this for a while now and it's unfortunate because I want to keep playing due to my subscription and the fact that I enjoy this game so much.

Here is a screenshot of my error:

https://gyazo.com/754cb72e6e3520649dc69d6134520e5c

• 3 months later...

There is a guide for unspecified error at http://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/bd-p/swtor-troubleshooting-guides-info-en

There is also a guide there to switch to non streaming as mentioned in this thread, however that switch entails a new game install, this is a 100% fix for unspecified error if all else fails as that error cannot exist with non streaming, if people still get the error then they have not switched patching methods.

• 4 months later...
I did this:

launcher.settings file in notepad.

"bitraider_disable": false -> true

Now it is downloading all patches again... hope it works...

So far this is working! the game seems to be re downloading the content. I will edit this post when it is done to tell you what happens :D

edit: after waiting a LONG time for it to re download, IT WORKED!!!

Edited by DJPMcG