[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT does he have on his plate? He's the Community Manager and he had 3 posts in the last 2 days... way to manage your community

Community managers coordinate with fan sites, probably help with press releases, have meetings ALL day.

TO wit;

-Creatively and proactively assist customers.

-Serve as the initial point of contact for inbound requests

-Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer requests & product performance

-Transfer the information to the appropriate departments so that they can respond accordingly.

-bugs to quality assurance

-new ideas to product development

-messaging effectiveness to marketing

-frequently asked questions noted

-identifying user generated content

-Author blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos and screencasts – whatever media you want to use

-Establish metrics & report on them on a monthly basis including recommendations

-Identify & engage advocates

-Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the executive team.

-Communicate issues, opportunities and insights to the company at large.

-Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them, so that the company can continue to be an early adopter of these technologies.

-Participate in professional networking by following the prominent bloggers and online writers & attending events.

Which reminds me, the 23rd of January is CM appreciation day.

WOW you people are selfish... you all act like you're the only thing that matters, and this is the only issue of importance in the entire company.

Your parents apparently never taught anyone patience, or manners for that matter...

You make it sound like there is one person responsible for handling all questions and giving out feedback. Oh and this one person is also the one who's fixing the games issues.

If anything the constant ramblings of the many people in this thread further serve as an indicator that this IS an urgent matter and ONE of the many support reps should respond as quickly as possible. In this case SR is the man who is going to give us an update as he has already stated.

You make it sound like there is one person responsible for handling all questions and giving out feedback. Oh and this one person is also the one who's fixing the games issues.

If anything the constant ramblings of the many people in this thread further serve as an indicator that this IS an urgent matter and ONE of the many support reps should respond as quickly as possible. In this case SR is the man who is going to give us an update as he has already stated.

But he said today... no specific time. It's only 4:15 pm.

Are you still going to stand behind that argument? These guys have people working day and night, there is still a lot of the day left. Take a look at the job description up there. Everyone has jobs and responsibilities. There are things with higher priority.

Community managers coordinate with fan sites, probably help with press releases, have meetings ALL day.

TO wit;

-Creatively and proactively assist customers.

-Serve as the initial point of contact for inbound requests

-Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer requests & product performance

-Transfer the information to the appropriate departments so that they can respond accordingly.

-bugs to quality assurance

-new ideas to product development

-messaging effectiveness to marketing

-frequently asked questions noted

-identifying user generated content

-Author blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos and screencasts – whatever media you want to use

-Establish metrics & report on them on a monthly basis including recommendations

-Identify & engage advocates

-Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the executive team.

-Communicate issues, opportunities and insights to the company at large.

-Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them, so that the company can continue to be an early adopter of these technologies.

-Participate in professional networking by following the prominent bloggers and online writers & attending events.

Which reminds me, the 23rd of January is CM appreciation day.

Too bad I haven't seen any press release, interview, news article etc. since this thread came up.

Half your points would actually apply to dealing with this mess right here

The game is live, missing entire sets of features that are showcased heavily on all promotional materials.

I quoted the only part of your post that mattered, removed the word "new" and replaced it with the underlined portion. If you're content buying a sportscar and then finding out it can't go above 55mph, that's cool. Many of us aren't okay with that, at all.

WOW you people are selfish... you all act like you're the only thing that matters, and this is the only issue of importance in the entire company.

Your parents apparently never taught anyone patience, or manners for that matter...

Buy a clue... with out US there is no MMO here. But really has nothing to do with patience. It has been what over 10years since MMOS have been out and to launch something not ready is the norm now. To EXPECT something ready .. people bash you call you trolls lol. You ALWAYS here.. WOW had more bugs then this when it launch (7 YEARS AGO).... this says volumes about SWTOR.

But they know people are like sheep. They know there are those that will PAY and take anything they hand them. So its called "following".. just doing what everyone else does.. pay for something unfinished. Hey 95% of SWTOR do not have performance problems.. That should tell you right there lol how they think..about YOU..

Looking at those comparison screenshots above - I'll be very happy when those high res textures are working, right now I'm not playing too much as the low resolution textures do get to me. Everything else in this game I love so far, and most bugs I'm concerned with have already been identified and fixes are incoming.

Bioware employees must have the patience of a saint to deal with some of you guys, lots of posts in this forum are just absolutely painful to read.

I've been "dissatisfied" with the lack of high res textures myself, but seriously guys? There's no need to be blatantly disrespectful to those who are working hard to try and make the game everything you'd like it to be.

If you play this game solely for the PRETTY COLORS AND PICTURES then please, by all means /quit already because that's ridiculous. There are so many other legitimate problem threads on this forum that seriously interrupt or completely halt advancement in the game and you're flailing around because your shadows are a little jagged or your two-tone helmet isn't crisply defined?

Oh what a world we live in. Grow some patient balls and quiet down already. The game is new, it's Bioware's first MMO, people are so spoiled these days when it comes to gaming that their expectations completely override logic anymore.

And like I said, I'd like my high res textures and AA as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to crap my pants and cry over it either.

You know, I don't know why I even read the forums anymore. Actually, I don't even know why I sometimes respond even. But you people just drive me up a wall with your entitlement issues. Take your 14.99 somewhere else and go buy some tampons.

Most of us WERE patiently awaiting a resolution to this issue after Stephen Reid said weeks ago it was a known problem that was being worked on. We didn't get our panties in a bunch until people logged onto the PTR for 1.1 and saw that Medium textures had been renamed as "High" and the "Medium" option was gone altogether. Add to that the fact that there was no mention of this change in the patch notes, and some of us started to get pretty worried. Did this mean Bioware had scrapped the idea of ever making high res textures playable? No one knew and the only way to find out was to ask for more info. That's what this thread is doing. We are simply asking for information on why the PTR change happened and what it means for the future of high res textures. We (at least most of us) aren't throwing a tantrum and crying for our high res textures RIGHT THIS SECOND. We want information and clarification. If you actually read the OP you would know that.

Edited by Kraylessa

Hey guys.. did James Ohlen really say this btw?

"However, we know that it's important that there is a smaller group of people usually with lower end machines that are having problems in some areas. And one of the most important things for us to grow our service is to continue to bring in more players, including those players who only have low-end machines.

That people with LOW end machines are having problems?

Wasnt it people with high end machines that were having problems?

I quoted the only part of your post that mattered, removed the word "new" and replaced it with the underlined portion. If you're content buying a sportscar and then finding out it can't go above 55mph, that's cool. Many of us aren't okay with that, at all.

I agree.

I upgraded my computer recently to be able to handle the newest batch of games. Skyrim, BF3, Batman, etc...

It works out great! Beautiful graphics all around.

But not here.

I'm not at all interested in excuses why features are missing. They're missing. They shouldn't be. And covering up or ignoring that they are missing is silly.

Are there more important bugs to fix? Probably. But this sure ranks up high on my list of things to fix as quickly as possible. This is a video game, not a text adventure. The video part matters.

This is exactly what matters! The product was heavily advertised and showcased with HIGH RESOLUTION textures!!

The game is live, we paid for it! and we are not getting what was advertised and showcased!

It's called false advertising!

I don't like dragging it that far, but it's the truth! All we want is an EXPLANATION as to why it was suddenly removed during beta and WHEN we can expect it to be back in the game?

And the "underhand" stealth changing of the textures settings in patch 1.1 currently on PTS is actually making me quite angry! Like they just try to cover it up, shove under the rug and pretend the problem doesn't exist!! /facepalm

And that really doesn't give me any hope to be honest that Stephen will come with an answer today. And if he does, it will not be the message we want to hear! /shrug

Edited by Jeronas

Hey guys.. did James Ohlen really say this btw?

"However, we know that it's important that there is a smaller group of people usually with lower end machines that are having problems in some areas. And one of the most important things for us to grow our service is to continue to bring in more players, including those players who only have low-end machines.

That people with LOW end machines are having problems?

Wasnt it people with high end machines that were having problems?

That is a very odd quote...

Low end machines should not try to run games on high settings.

I too am eagerly awaiting the response to this issue. While I could go on and on about how much I love this game and how many things Bio Ware has done right, this is a glaring issue that needs to be resolved. I am a CE owner and built a new pc so I could run this game at its maxed settings, only to find that set to max the texture resolution is dismal at best. It is something I try to overlook in spite of the fact that overall I am very pleased with game. But the amount of time spent with a character that we are encouraged to be thoroughly engaged with throughout our stories, appearance counts for a lot. Especially in a top shelf game such as this. I do appreciate the Devs hard work and hope a fix is forthcoming. I just want to see and experience the game in all the glory it was intended to be.

any update on this issue ?, this has been present since beta, i dont get it why they arent fixing it, and actually trolling us in next patch

It really feels that way doesn't it? :D

Edited by Ommm

I'm not seeing the HORRID UNPLAYABLE graphics that some might be. Sure, there's a difference form title screen to game, but it's not so bad that I will simply cease to exist because of it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/1620bhe.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/105b8k0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KyeU2.jpg

^It can really be a pretty game.

And no, I don't live in Russia, I live in America where people believe everything should be perfect and spoonfed to them or they'll take their welfare money/food stamps somewhere else. The graphics displayed by dev screenshots are GOING to be fantastic but I just don't see justification in crying so much because they had an issue implementing the features. Yes, they were in beta, yes there is still a problem post launch, but as I said before countless times... it is not as important. It just isn't. Some people can't progress through companion stories, some people can't progress THEIR OWN stories properly, certain classes are clearly OP, some quests are broken, end game raid content needs work, some people can't even PVP due to some unknown FPS problem and you want your precious textures. And then some will say "well why did they launch if the game wasn't ready, etc" BECAUSE THE FANBASE WOULD HAVE **** A GIANT BRICK if the date was pushed back. There is no pleasing the fanbase. Anything done will negatively effect someone and there has to be priority fixes.

Honestly, I'd rather they fix imbalances, quest bugs, and companion issues over my textures/AA because it is not a make-or-break sort of thing for me. For some others, it may very well be and in that case you should leave, like I've said before, and save your month or two of precious moneys until they integrate such a pivotal and necessary function.

@meg the engine programmers and optimisers need work to or would you rather see them on the street?

Also: You might not be as visual, but others are.

People prefer diffrent things. Some like sound. They cannot live without music etc.

Edited by Ommm

@meg the engine programmers and optimisers need work to or would you rather see them on the street?

As a programmer, I can tell you, all we really need is maybe a little mountain dew. Oh, and love. ;)

On topic: Well, it's 'tomorrow' now, Mr. Reid. ;)

The graphics displayed by dev screenshots are GOING to be fantastic but I just don't see justification in crying so much because they had an issue implementing the features. Yes, they were in beta, yes there is still a problem post launch, but as I said before countless times... it is not as important. It just isn't. Some people can't progress through companion stories, some people can't progress THEIR OWN stories properly, certain classes are clearly OP, some quests are broken, end game raid content needs work, some people can't even PVP due to some unknown FPS problem and you want your precious textures. And then some will say "well why did they launch if the game wasn't ready, etc" BECAUSE THE FANBASE WOULD HAVE **** A GIANT BRICK if the date was pushed back. There is no pleasing the fanbase. Anything done will negatively effect someone and there has to be priority fixes.

Honestly, I'd rather they fix imbalances, quest bugs, and companion issues over my textures/AA because it is not a make-or-break sort of thing for me. For some others, it may very well be and in that case you should leave, like I've said before, and save your month or two of precious moneys until they integrate such a pivotal and necessary function.

Because just one guy is responsible for all of the bug fixes, art, class balance, quest structure and progress, and game mechanics, right?

Thinking that their process is a single, looping line of Problem In -> Thinking, Fixing, Implementing -> Solution Live is absurdly short-sighted, and incorrect.

That isn't even a viable comparison, lol. We are not talking about FPS/latency/whatever here. If you bought a sports car and they showed epic pictures of said car and you went to the dealership to buy or test drive and the car wasn't as shiny as the photos... maybe.

That isn't even a viable comparison, lol. We are not talking about FPS/latency/whatever here. If you bought a sports car and they showed epic pictures of said car and you went to the dealership to buy or test drive and the car wasn't as shiny as the photos... maybe.

We are talking about basic standars here, that are since years for games, which go without question and this is just lol (highest setting, beast machine):

http://i.imgur.com/KP9cY.jpg

Edited by Ommm

...I live in America where people believe everything should be perfect and spoonfed to them or they'll take their welfare money/food stamps somewhere else. ...

Can't really take you seriously after lines like that. Is that how you pay for the game? I use my paycheck. Please stop trolling and wasting time here.